'Fix the roof whilst the sun is shining'

The culture does need to change but we need money more than anything, they can afford to buy three or 4, 3 to 5 million players and afford for some of them to go wrong or be on the bench, we can’t

We need better recruitment to get value for money, we need to be ruthless with contract negotiations with current players, we need to get leaders into the team and not imposters, we need more investment, we need a chairman or CEO to stand up and be counted, we need to start winning again and get back to where we should be.

I would absolutely LOVE to hear the thoughts of our absent CEO and our Chairman right now.

Bisgrove happy to have his quiff in front of the camera when it suits, but when we require some leadership off the park when shit hits the fan he’s nowhere to be seen.

Bennett’s no better with his “best in class” pish before.

They better be fucking hurting tonight.

Another year without the title, another collapse, albeit, actually getting past Feburary before chucking it. Hope those who clapped the team off yesterday are happy. Big changes are needed from the top all the way down to the support.

The people who clapped the team off the park last night are Rangers supporters - in the truest sense of the word. I was proud of the Bears who were there and stayed to the end to applaud the team.

I would absolutely LOVE to hear the thoughts of our absent CEO and our Chairman right now.

Bisgrove happy to have his quiff in front of the camera when it suits, but when we require some leadership off the park when shit hits the fan he’s nowhere to be seen.

I doubt we'll hear anything from them we've lacked leadership within the club since Gerrard left.

We aren't miles away but always fall short. So called leadership group needs emptied and there aren't many I'd be disappointed to see leave but there's glaring areas available for upgrades.
Yes! Changed how many mangers with the same 'leadership' group in place throughout.

Another year without the title, another collapse, albeit, actually getting past Feburary before chucking it. Hope those who clapped the team off yesterday are happy. Big changes are needed from the top all the way down to the support.

Maybe those supporters stick by their word and support the team through thick and thin and not just glory hunters.

I for one applauded the turnaround from a sh!tshow in the first half until the turnaround in the second half especially with some of the youngsters getting a game.

I'm as let down as most about the bottle crashers we have but I'll have faith in Phil until next season when he can have more of an impact with summer changes and a decent pre season.

Why don’t you just go and support a team like thistle. You support the team through thick and thin and yeah it’s shit at the moment but we will always be better than them.

Why don’t you just go and support a team like thistle. You support the team through thick and thin and yeah it’s shit at the moment but we will always be better than them.
No we aren't better than them. Theyve won the title again. That's the problem. The fact you can't see that is as big an issue as anything

Maybe those supporters stick by their word and support the team through thick and thin and not just glory hunters.

I for one applauded the turnaround from a sh!tshow in the first half until the turnaround in the second half especially with some of the youngsters getting a game.

I'm as let down as most about the bottle crashers we have but I'll have faith in Phil until next season when he can have more of an impact with summer changes and a decent pre season.
The support stick through everything. Follow them everywhere without falter. They don't deserve the manner in which the club throws it away. You can accept losing the title once, but repeatedly losing it in the same manner year after year whilst you're happy to watch it is the issue

Saw the title of this thread and thought we'd finally worked a new way to get kemar fit!

When we didn't fix the roof when the sun was shining was the start of us regressing, why we didn't push on will always be remembered as a huge opportunity missed. All our hard work to get back on top in Scottish football undone so quickly.

Better scouting and recruitment is the answer.

Oh and better tactics and gameplay when up against them too.

Yes, they have more money but that doesn't stop them getting pumped off well organised European teams built on a fraction of what they've spent.

At the moment?

We've won one top league title in 13/14 years. Post winning our 55th title the Boardroom have fcked up at least twice when it comes to building and following their own player trading model.

We're no closer to winning ithe title n a 2 horse race.

Bennett and Bisgrove have mighty and high ambition and aspirations, that's great but they need to deliver next season. The odds are stacked against them unless they deliver their best in class. And then nothing is guaranteed.

This squad needs gutted, again. What a permanent mess.

It really is disappointing how it ended but I’m not buying this massive collapse narrative. We were top for a short time and hit a bad patch. We fought to crawl back their 8 point lead which took a lot of effort considering the team we had. Injuries and tiredness done it for us in the end.

Fingers crossed this is the end of days for half that squad.

The entire culture, from the Boardroom downwards, has to change if we wish to compete up here.
Celtic have just installed a fan of their club to run their referee setup. if you think we are winning anything soon then you haven’t seen how far they will go to stop it.

Just seen Scott Wright share a few pics on his instagram stories from last night. The night they won the league again and he’s on posting highlights because he’s actually done something of note for once.

The people who clapped the team off the park last night are Rangers supporters - in the truest sense of the word. I was proud of the Bears who were there and stayed to the end to applaud the team.
Yeah, we were there last night, from Aberdeen. As we're other true supporters from all over.
As we have all done through the bad times.
So glory hunters fcuk off, there will be always someone else to take your place.
PS, you were obviously not around in the late 70s, early 80s. Well we were!
Follow Follow.

I doubt we'll hear anything from them we've lacked leadership within the club since Gerrard left.
This in absolute spades. Steven Gerrard wasn’t perfect by any means, he may have been arrogant at points and annoyed a few people behind the scenes, however he was a born winner and he demanded certain standards. He instantly raised everything around the club when he came in and it’s pretty drastic how they’ve fallen.
It’s imperative that Clement gets these back, it’s clear he thinks a lot behind the scenes can be improved but we really need to get back to the standards that Gerrard was setting

It really is disappointing how it ended but I’m not buying this massive collapse narrative. We were top for a short time and hit a bad patch. We fought to crawl back their 8 point lead which took a lot of effort considering the team we had. Injuries and tiredness done it for us in the end.

We need to start beating Celtic again as our recent record against them is shocking until we can do that we can forget about being successful.

If it was injuries and tiredness why you wanting rid of half the squad?

The reality is we were/are not good enough and need better quality and mentality and that's why we need a massive overhaul in players this summer. If Rangers turn up for the league opener with Goldson and Tav we'll finish a poor second again..

The only thing they are doing tonight is counting the season ticket and mygers money.

With hindsight the worst thing big Phil did was haul us back into a title race we really had no business being in from the position we were in.after his comments last night,his mind was made up some time ago that the squad needs broken up.

I saw the video resurface the other day where the thread title quote came from.

He actually ended it by saying he and the board were aligned and that he was going to be backed. Only to be given funds for Bacuna and allowed to sign Lundstram & Sakala on frees.

Truly remarkable the mess we made of not capitalising on that title win (domestically, specifically).

At the moment? Granted we were out the league for 4 years, we've won one top league title in 8 years. One.

3 major trophies in 13 years.

We haven't been better than them for 3 years.

But aye, its shit "at the moment"

A lot of folk, and not a minority of the support, have simply had enough.

I saw the video resurface the other day where the thread title quote came from.

He actually ended it by saying he and the board were aligned and that he was going to be backed. Only to be given funds for Bacuna and allowed to sign Lundstram & Sakala on frees.

Truly remarkable the mess we made of not capitalising on that title win (domestically, specifically).
I suspect that was a board decision to try and do things on the cheap as Celtic were in a mess. The decision ultimately cost us the manager and set us back years. I think our board are very good businessmen but really struggle to understand the demands of running a huge successful football club.

Our Board are gentlemen, but this is not the Edwardian era, with a Corinthian spirit always at the forefront. We need radical cultural change, and with pro-active and not re-active style of governance. Currently, we are observing thugs and gangsters in suits at the piggery throwing their weight around.

What will be our response. ?

So. Firstly this narrative that it's very difficult to manage the January window.
Really?
Doesn't seem to be a problem for them.

In Ange's first season he was struggling badly.
Then he requests his board go out and sign three Japanese players. All new to Scottish football.
Two go onto to hit the ground spectacularly.

We bring in Sanders, and Ramsey on loan with neither setting the heather alight, in any competition, and making any major impact.
They win the league and the league Cup.We win the Scottish Cup.

Last season we bring in Raskin for 1.3 million, and Cantwell for undisclosed.

They bring in Johnston. From Canada for over 3 million. Completely untested in Scottish football.
As are all there other signings.Kobayashi undisclosed, Oh at 2.5, Iwata on loan, with 2 others.
Once again they gone to on to win the treble.

This season we are behind, again, needing a boost.
Talk of bringing in Shankland all through out January.
We do bring in Diomande on loan, with a promise to buying at the end of the season, no matter how he performs. And Silva on loan.

They bring in Kuhn for 3 million and Idah on loan, with once again, the latter especially, goals and play proving pivotal in deciding who wins the championship.

Anyone else notice a pattern here?

If it was injuries and tiredness why you wanting rid of half the squad?

The reality is we were/are not good enough and need better quality and mentality and that's why we need a massive overhaul in players this summer. If Rangers turn up for the league opener with Goldson and Tav we'll finish a poor second again..
Because half of them no longer have the stamina, fitness or ability to stay fit. We do need better quality, but part of the rebuild needs to involve bringing in more robust players. It’s all rolled in to one.

So. Firstly this narrative that it's very difficult to manage the January window.
Really?
Doesn't seem to be a problem for them.

In Ange's first season he was struggling badly.
Then he requests his board go out and sign three Japanese players. All new to Scottish football.
Two go onto to hit the ground spectacularly.

We bring in Sanders, and Ramsey on loan with neither setting the heather alight, in any competition, and making any major impact.
They win the league and the league Cup.We win the Scottish Cup.

Last season we bring in Raskin for 1.3 million, and Cantwell for undisclosed.

They bring in Johnston. From Canada for over 3 million. Completely untested in Scottish football.
As are all there other signings.Kobayashi undisclosed, Oh at 2.5, Iwata on loan, with 2 others.
Once again they gone to on to win the treble.

This season we are behind, again, needing a boost.
Talk of bringing in Shankland all through out January.
We do bring in Diomande on loan, with a promise to buying at the end of the season, no matter how he performs. And Silva on loan.

They bring in Kuhn for 3 million and Idah on loan, with once again, the latter especially, goals and play proving pivotal in deciding who wins the championship.

Anyone else notice a pattern here?
People will come up with a million excuses for why we never won it this year but the January window is the main reason. Silva 3 goals in 17 league games, Cortes injured and Diomande looking OK but not a game changer.

We need better recruitment to get value for money, we need to be ruthless with contract negotiations with current players, we need to get leaders into the team and not imposters, we need more investment, we need a chairman or CEO to stand up and be counted, we need to start winning again and get back to where we should be.
And not take all summer to sign players who were never good enough in the first place

At the moment? Granted we were out the league for 4 years, we've won one top league title in 8 years. One.

3 major trophies in 13 years.

We haven't been better than them for 3 years.

But aye, its shit "at the moment"

A lot of folk, and not a minority of the support, have simply had enough.
Didn’t renew season ticket. You can’t compete with the control Celtic have. If the there team fail they now have control of the referee setup with Collum and already had the SPFL board for any main decisions needing controlled

I agree wholeheartedly with this.

See if you can't back the team when the chips are down then you don't deserve success.
We can all be angry and throw our toys out of the pram.
People go on about "Rangers class" a lot when it comes to our players, they should try and shine that mirror upon themselves.

It is this boards responsibility and theirs alone to bring fresh investment into this club.

Another year's failure to do that, it then becomes our responsibility to change the board.

It really is that simple. We are currently Rangers in name only because playing second fiddle year on year is not the club I recognise.

Back