Forget XG, we now have "Compact State"

Coopertrueblue

Official Ticketer
Sky just mentioned it when talking about Arsenal.

"The distance between a teams outfield players is no more than 25m for 6+ seconds when defending."

Enjoy

What a fucking load of shite, just to keep relevant in some way or to keep computer gimps in a job.

Just %^*& off with this shite.

It's a regular complaint that Sky's coverage is a disgrace and offers no actual insight into the game.

Sky try to provide a bit of insight, and it's woke hipster virgin wanky nonsense or something.

Smacks of laughing at Pedro for actually explaining a tactic using the implements that were right in front of him.

It's a regular complaint that Sky's coverage is a disgrace and offers no actual insight into the game.

Sky try to provide a bit of insight, and it's woke hipster virgin wanky nonsense or something.

Smacks of laughing at Pedro for actually explaining a tactic using the implements that were right in front of him.

Only applies to their Scottish coverage tbf.

Most of the time it’s interesting and varied.

It’s only us who get the soap opera pantomime villain bullshit.

Fascinating though all this new data is to a number but like me, there is still only one stat that matters a jot…how often did all of the ball cross all of the line between the three white posts! The rest is conjecture and for debate only. Your eyes don’t lie, you know what you saw…even if Erik Ten Haag and statisticians wants to convince you otherwise.

Tell me about it.

Is there nothing the wokies won't ruin?!

Those limp-wristed asocial virgins that somehow manage to run the whole world.

That woman who commentates on tnt who would give craiggan are run for his money for talking shite came away with a cracker on Sunday she said some player was a hybrid player as they could play at 8 9 or 10

Last edited:
Ashley young doesn’t have a clue about the stats they are showing on the screens. The wagon wheel was the final straw

Don't get me wrong

The distances between our outfield players is always wrong when we have the ball 5 of them stand in a straight line on the opposition 18 yard line.

When we lose the ball theabout 8 of our outfield players chase the ball forgetting about runners

Don't need a stat to see that with us though

Sky just mentioned it when talking about Arsenal.

"The distance between a teams outfield players is no more than 25m for 6+ seconds when defending."

Enjoy
Didn’t Graham Taylor have defenders tied together by a line of rope in training to get them working in tandem?
He will be chuckling away at this nonsense.

That woman that commentates on tnt who would give craiggan are run for his money for talking shite came away with a cracker on Sunday she said some player was a hybrid player as they could play at 8 9 or 10

That's hardly an unfair description!

The stats are useful and interesting to some, not to others. No one forces anyone to care about them, so why all the complaints?

Some old boy started a thread about Xg yesterday. He was shouting at the clouds, raging at the whole state of affairs.

I fear that if he reads this, he'll go apoplectic and suffer a stroke, at best.

Might be safer for admin to just delete the thread :))

Didn’t Graham Taylor have defenders tied together by a line of rope in training to get them working in tandem?
He will be chuckling away at this nonsense.
Exactly. It’s not new. Make the pitch big in possession and small/compact out of possession. Look at the goal Kyogo scored against us at the piggery in December. You can see what happens when your CH gets dragged out of position (Balogun). He’s actually ahead of our midfielders.

Love these threads, something that's been around since the 80s, wanky, woke hipster nonsense.

21tcsp00022a-004-old-man-yells-162-132-swatch_800x.jpg

Last edited:
That woman that commentates on tnt who would give craiggan are run for his money for talking shite came away with a cracker on Sunday she said some player was a hybrid player as they could play at 8 9 or 10
This is another thing that's been around for ages.

Christ, my youth football team I played in discussed tactics / positioning like this back in 2002.

All these terms and stats are trying to make a simple game appear like it's complicated.

There's a reason football is the most popular sport on the planet. Because it only takes 2 braincells to comprehend.

Can see why the shock journalist approach to football has been so successful in Scotland, when any actual tactical detail and analytical stuff gets scoffed at.
"Sky treat us like we're stupid"

Perhaps some of the responses online allow Sky to formulate that opinion and they modify the programme to fit the viewership?

Andy Halliday was on the Open Goal podcast talking about how Gerrard made them work on distances in training.

He said when Gerrard told them they can't be any further than x amount of yards from the next player in the team they were wondering how the hell are they going to know what distance they are.

He went on to say Gerrard placed cones on the training pitch to help with where players should be positioned. I'm sure Halliday said because of their positioning and press it was a big factor in them doing so well in Europe.

By the sounds of it this stat will give an idea of how open or compact a team is.

Not sure why people are moaning about this?

All these terms and stats are trying to make a simple game appear like it's complicated.

There's a reason football is the most popular sport on the planet. Because it only takes 2 braincells to comprehend.
Clearly it takes a lot more than that based on some of the replies you see on here.

Andy Halliday was on the Open Goal podcast talking about how Gerrard made them work on distances in training.

He said when Gerrard told them they can't be any further than x amount of yards from the next player in the team they were wondering how the hell are they going to know what distance they are.

He went on to say Gerrard placed cones on the training pitch to help with where players should be positioned. I'm sure Halliday said because of their positioning and press it was a big factor in them doing so well in Europe.

By the sounds of it this stat will give an idea of how open or compact a team is.

Not sure why people are moaning about this?
This sort of thing is how football works, the whole "lot of shite" attitude is so typical of Scottish football.

It was a shy long before it was a throw in

I am aware of that, I also call it a shy half the time to be fair.

My point was that some folk struggle with the basic rules of football and base it on what they learned from primary school 30+ years ago, while dismissing stuff like the OP as hipster nonsense.

It never actually is a foul shy :))

It’s nothing new but it’s actually interesting.

Well drilled and well coached teams know they need to be back in position as soon as the ball is lost.

When I say interesting, watch some of our players after possession is lost…..

This sort of thing is how football works, the whole "lot of shite" attitude is so typical of Scottish football.
Any modern approach to the game tactical, scouting, analysis etc is utterly ridiculed as 'computer gimp shite' up here yet most other countries embrace it.

It's so fucking weird, it's like people are proud of being old fashioned as %^*& and anything that involves something beyond a calculator is 'overcomplicating' when in reality it's just they are too thick to understand some things and aren't willing to admit it.

I don't understand why people get so offended by new terminology. It's just how all aspects of life develops.

These tactical things are also aimed at marginal gains, nobody claims they're more important than fundamentals like having good players.

Back