Four Lads Had A Dream...why is it not played at Ibrox

Lol maybe im biased, but I prefer....

From Argyll so young to Glasgow city they'd come.
Seeking fortune and a new way of life. How could they all know, their ambitions would grow.
Such a beautiful story, and here's how it goes.....

Four lads had a dream to start a football team, they had no money no kit not even a ball

They still carried on The RANGERS were born
54 titles, we're still going strong

So hoist up The RANGERS flags, sing with your hearts and voice
Let's celebrate the Greatest Club in the World
Let our history show, what we already know
We ARE The RANGERS, the Greatest of All.

But its your song, so should be your call.

I reckon as that version the chorus has the same amount of syllables as the verses it just becomes one and the same.

With the added syllables in the verses for me I reckon it separates them from the chorus which would allow the chorus to be sung with more gusto.

Each to their own I’m just delighted a part of my imagination will hopefully live on in Ibrox for a long time.

I reckon as that version the chorus has the same amount of syllables as the verses it just becomes one and the same.

With the added syllables in the verses for me I reckon it separates them from the chorus which would allow the chorus to be sung with more gusto.

Each to their own I’m just delighted a part of my imagination will hopefully live on in Ibrox for a long time.

If you listen to it, its the opposite of what you are saying, I wrote those words to similar style as Sloop John B

We come on the Sloop John B
My grandfather and me
Around Nassau town we did roam
Drinking all night
Got into a fight
Well I feel so broke up
I want to go home

So hoist up the John B's sail
See how the main sail sets
Call for the Captain ashore
Let me go home, let me go home
I want to go home, yeah yeah
Well I feel so broke up
I want to go home

The first mate he got drunk
And broke in the Cap'n's trunk
The constable had to come and take him away
Sheriff John Stone
Why don't you leave me alone, yeah yeah
Well I feel so broke up, I want to go home

So hoist up the John B's sail
See how the main sail sets
Call for the Captain ashore
Let me go home, let me go home
I want to go home, let me go home
Why don't you let me go home
(Hoist up the John B's sail)
Hoist up…

But I agree, each to their own. You should be proud!

If you listen to the songs we play at Ibrox, sung by the same guy (who made a fortune from those recordings) his voice is high pitched voice! No thought into emphasis on encouraging fans to join in. A whole new revamp of the songs are required. I would encourage the club to ask Rangers fan musicians to submit recordings of both examples of traditional songs, which can lend themselves to our stadium and new songs.

Both these guys seem to have the wherewithal to do just that.

Last edited:
I’ve got a video on my phone from a game not that long ago, can’t remember which one, that had 4 lads playing.

Edit: didn’t realise this was an old thread

Back