Francesco Stella - anyone remember the lad?

mdingwall

Administrator
Aussie lad.

Part of his Wiki entry reads -

Glasgow Rangers[edit]​

He later moved to Scottish club Rangers for the start of the 2012–13, before returning to Australia with Melbourne Victory.[2] He scored in a 3–1 friendly match win over Falkirk at Ibrox Stadium.

Hadn’t kicked his arse before signing for his, didn’t kick his arse after leaving.

Be interesting to follow the money and see what agents were paid what during that period and where the money finally ended up.
Must have been incredibly poor to not even get a game during that era

If I hadn't have seen him drinking a fresh orange and lemonade in the Burnbrae not long after signing, I'd have struggled to remember he existed.

Think he looked a bit like Silva.

Francesco%20Stella

Aussie lad.

Part of his Wiki entry reads -

Glasgow Rangers[edit]​

He later moved to Scottish club Rangers for the start of the 2012–13, before returning to Australia with Melbourne Victory.[2] He scored in a 3–1 friendly match win over Falkirk at Ibrox Stadium.
From what I remember he turned in stella performance in that game

I think Marcus made his debut at Capelle in Holland during a pre-season game which i was at. Did he score that night?
He did not. He was perhaps our last player to be signed before the transfer window was introduced.

He came into a struggling Rangers side and his debut was a 2-0 home defeat to Dundee with Caniggia scoring for Dundee.

I think Marcus made his debut at Capelle in Holland during a pre-season game which i was at. Did he score that night?
Gayle signed during the season and left and the end of the same season.

Not sure he would have been here for a pre season.

I genuinely think I have blanked that period of our history out. I have no recollection of Toral either.

I'm sure Gayle was signed in March and made his debut in a midweek defeat at Ibrox but I could be wrong! He just always sticks out as one of our most baffling signings Advocaat had truly lost the plot at the time.

You wonder if people will ever recount these years in another decade or so?

You’d hope it’s largely forgotten.

Fairly harrowing to think of the dross that wore the jersey through those periods.

I'm sure Gayle was signed in March and made his debut in a midweek defeat at Ibrox but I could be wrong! He just always sticks out as one of our most baffling signings Advocaat had truly lost the plot at the time.

at least we got the money back on him

as for earlier names:

Toral was a loan so i'm not too bothered, some work and some don't

McKay was bizarre, another one brought in, barely used and jettisoned only to disappear

then we get the even more bizarre Matt Crooks - played twice - sold for a handful of button - then eventually sold for £1.3m to Middlesboro and then £1m to the US league

Gayle signed during the season and left and the end of the same season.

Not sure he would have been here for a pre season.
From Wiki.
Gayle initially stayed loyal to the Dons in spite of their relegation, playing 32 league games and scoring three times in the 2000–01 campaign before he finally departed on 9 March 2001 in a £1million move to Scottish Premier League giants Rangers. He made his debut against Dundee United, adding just another three more appearances, before moving back down south to join Gianluca Vialli's new look Watford side for £1million.

You wonder if people will ever recount these years in another decade or so?

You’d hope it’s largely forgotten.

Fairly harrowing to think of the dross that wore the jersey through those periods.
It’s all part of the Rangers Story.

Back