Friday's football

What happened with the booking? I've got Kipre to be carded and it looked like he did. But not been awarded on my bet.

Great second for Southampton. I'm torn on who I want to win the final (assuming Saints don't fuck this up) as I've got a few mates that support them, but we get money if it's Leeds.

It was mate Spartans put Peterhead out and Dumbarton relegated Stirling.
You're right enough mate.

I thought it went

3rd plays 4th.
Winner plays 2nd.
Winner of that plays 9th in the league above.

Tell me that it used to work like that!

I thought it went

3rd plays 4th.
Winner plays 2nd.

Only the Premiership/Championship playoffs have ever worked like that (11th in the Prem of course).
It’s a system designed to protect the Premiership club as much as possible.

The lower two leagues have always been 2nd v 3rd and 4th v 9th.

Leeds and Southampton have looked levels above Norwich and WBA. To be fair to WBA even making the play offs without spending a penny is a decent achievement.

I’d favour Southampton to beat Leeds at Wembley
Beat them twice this season.

I reckon there will be goals galore in that one.

Both quality going forward.

I thought it went

3rd plays 4th.
Winner plays 2nd.

Nah that's just premiership playoff.. lower ones are 9th v 4th and 2nd v 3rd winners play in the final.

Beat them twice this season.

I reckon there will be goals galore in that one.

Both quality going forward.
Think of the games between the 4 in the play offs they took twice as many points as anyone else if Talksport was correct today. 14pts

Think you’ll get a decent price because Leeds will probably be the bookies FAV

If Thistle get through what they going to have left for the final? Onto their 4th game and in extra time. Not as bad for Raith given they've had a break but they need to change the setup to stop it favouring whoever finishes 11th.

Only the Premiership/Championship playoffs have ever worked like that (11th in the Prem of course).
It’s a system designed to protect the Premiership club as much as possible.

The lower two leagues have always been 2nd v 3rd and 4th v 9th.
Reckon it'll be the season we went through the playoffs that's led to my thinking here.

Raith v Thistle great to watch this, really off the cuff football, a breath of fresh air

Back