Gary O’Neill to be interviewed by Liverpool for the managers job

The thing is , it’s a poisoned chalice now, just like when Ferguson left Man U , who ever takes the Liverpool job is on a hiding to nothing.
You're right, the new manager has a hell of a job on his hands, hard not to see Liverpool having a post-Klopp dip like Utd did after Fergie left. Liverpool peaked 4 or 5 years ago and they've been on a small, incremental decline each season since. Salah and Van Dijk are the wrong side of 30 as well and it will be especially difficult to replace the output of the former. Who knows how much time the new manager will have with those, if any.

The quality drop off in names after not getting Xabi is quite funny.

Surely you'd avoid the Dutch managers given how they've faired in the EPL over the years.

Wouldn't be surprised if Tuchel got the nod given he's free.

I think O’Neil is going to be a top manager one day and personally if I were a Liverpool fan I’d rather it was him Slot. Liverpool should be looking across at Utd and seeing how their Dutch manager is faring and he had a better record than slot before taking the Utd job.

Giving O’Neil a chance as opposed to taking a risk on a foreign coach might not be the worst idea.

Utter mince.

UEFA Champions League (2019)
UEFA Super Cup (2019)
FIFA Club World Cup (2019)
Premier League (2020)
Community Shield (2022)
EFL Cup (2022/2024)
FA Cup (2022)
EFL Cup (2024)

I’m not suggesting he isn’t a brilliant manager. What I’m saying is that this is widely considered a golden age for Liverpool and when it boils down he has won 2 league cups, 1 fa cup , a league and a champions league in 9 years. Without looking they probably won more in the 9 years 2000–2009 when they were also rans

Can kinda understand why. Klopp has been there a long time, is hugely popular with the fans, won a league, a Champions League and a few cups. Big shoes to fill and this is Klopp's team, so you never know how his players will react to a new training regime, new tactics, new personality etc. I can see why any manager whose career is on an upward trajectory wouldn't want to take the risk.
Any manager following Klopp is going to struggle. The whole club is cast in his style. A lot to change. Kind of like following SAF at Utd.

High chance of failure a team that needs remodelling. Very difficult job.

I liked O'Neil as a player and I like what I've seen of him in his short managerial career but I think Liverpool would be the wrong move for him now.

Whoever replaces Klopp is going to have a massive job and probably going to have a short spell at getting it right.

The quality drop off in names after not getting Xabi is quite funny.

Surely you'd avoid the Dutch managers given how they've faired in the EPL over the years.

Wouldn't be surprised if Tuchel got the nod given he's free.
Tuchels name is in the mix for the Utd job now.

Klopp informed the hierarchy at Liverpool of his desire to move last November. His own players and the media were not made aware until late January. They will have been sounding out Klopps replacement for some time and keeping their cards close to their chest. All the supposition in the media is just to keep people guessing. I'm sure a club of such wealth and magnitude already have their replacement lined up and Klopp will have played a part in whoever that is.
My opinion and that of educated LFC supporters down here (yes, there are some).

I’m not suggesting he isn’t a brilliant manager. What I’m saying is that this is widely considered a golden age for Liverpool and when it boils down he has won 2 league cups, 1 fa cup , a league and a champions league in 9 years. Without looking they probably won more in the 9 years 2000–2009 when they were also rans
Have to admit, I've never seen Klopp's time at Liverpool described as being a Golden Age.
I personally don't think winning everything that he has in 9 years is as terrible as you seem to think.
He has basically rebuilt the club and made them a force in both England and Europe in that time.

Only time will tell how they fair without Klopp.

No he isnt.

GvB won the EPL, FA Cup, La Liga and the Champions League after leaving us.

Arteta is managing Arsenal.
In my defence,I used Gattusso as an example.
I'm well aware Arteta and Gio had great careers after leaving us.
I'm sure there's more of course.

Dutch media reporting talks have started between Liverpool and Arne Slot.

Feyenoord wanting 10-15 million euros, Liverpools first bid much lower than this and rejected.

Last edited:
Liverpool seem to be struggling to get anyone.

I genuinely think if Gerrard had stayed here he would have been a shoe in now as they are looking at the Feyenoord, Sporting, Wolves managers.
So true, he thought villa would be an easy stepping stone, but really he was still learning his trade.

Would be some deal. Just depends on how Te Kloese will play the alleged interest of teams like Barcelona, Bayern and AC Milan out against Liverpool.
What kind of manager is he? When he was getting linked to Spurs in the summer a lot of folk discussing it on Talksport, Sky Sports etc were saying he was very like Pep in style but now they seem to be saying he is very much like Klopp. Danny Murphy was talking about winning the ball high up the field where Liverpool ranked 1 in Europe and Feyenoord 2nd earlier.

What kind of manager is he? When he was getting linked to Spurs in the summer a lot of folk discussing it on Talksport, Sky Sports etc were saying he was very like Pep in style but now they seem to be saying he is very much like Klopp. Danny Murphy was talking about winning the ball high up the field where Liverpool ranked 1 in Europe and Feyenoord 2nd earlier.
A mini Pep sounds good. He is very methodical and 3 years helped along with Frank Arnesen and Rini Coolen (who is leaving the Feyenoord academy and likely being replaced by Rangers head of academy) set up a detailed 60 page plan for the club, this starts in the youth. So the under 10 team will play the same style as the first team.

Very much into attacking football, if it's the 70th min and it's 1-1 he'll take out some defenders and put on more attackers, rather lose 3 points then gain 1 point.

He sets up the tactics while his assistants Hulsoff form them on the training grounds along with de Wolf.

Think moneyball, so statistics, data, video, personalized diets and training.

He's been able to do amazing work in 3 years with very limited funds and will be missed.

Can't blame him for leaving as he's won everything realistically possible besides the charity shield.

A mini Pep sounds good. He is very methodical and 3 years helped along with Frank Arnesen and Rini Coolen (who is leaving the Feyenoord academy and likely being replaced by Rangers head of academy) set up a detailed 60 page plan for the club, this starts in the youth. So the under 10 team will play the same style as the first team.

Very much into attacking football, if it's the 70th min and it's 1-1 he'll take out some defenders and put on more attackers, rather lose 3 points then gain 1 point.

He sets up the tactics while his assistants Hulsoff form them on the training grounds along with de Wolf.

Think moneyball, so statistics, data, video, personalized diets and training.

He's been able to do amazing work in 3 years with very limited funds and will be missed.

Can't blame him for leaving as he's won everything realistically possible besides the charity shield.

Zeb Jacobs to Feyenoord?

Zeb Jacobs to Feyenoord?

Feyenoord is working on the arrival of Zeb Jacobs. The Belgian is seen as the suitable successor to Rini Coolen, who will say goodbye to the Feyenoord Academy after this season. The 57-year-old Coolen has been working as head of youth training at the Rotterdam club since 2021. This is reported by 1908.nl.Jacobs currently works at Rangers FC as Academy Director.

The Belgian was previously employed by Royal Antwerp FC and KV Mechelen. Jacobs is seen as a top candidate by general manager Dennis te Kloese, while previously the name of Glenn van der Kraan was being circulated to fill the vacant vacancy.Jacobs can expect a formal offer from Feyenoord this week. Both parties have previously had excellent discussions.

The stadium club knows that it has competition from a club in the English top, but is hopeful of completing the deal soon. Since Jacobs has a notice period in his contract, Feyenoord does not have to contact Rangers FC.It is no surprise that Feyenoord ends up with Jacobs. The Belgian has made a name for himself because of his modern and innovative way of working. This attracted attention in Europe and made the switch to Rangers FC in 2022. He is now seen as the ideal candidate for the Rotterdam club.

To be honest, the guy behind 1908.nl is a grade a fud who's lost all his insider contacts and is wrong 90% of the time, if you tell him this you get blocked lol.

Back