Gazza responds to Noel Gallagher saying Foden will be 3 times the player Gazza was

There's a story where the fella from Loaded magazine was doing an interview in London with Liam Gallagher and then they decided to go to the Groucho Club because Gazza was there. Apparently Gazza had a few by the time they turned up and just kept asking Liam Gallagher if he wanted "a roll with it". :D

I believe it ended in Liam setting a fire extinguisher off over Gazza.

I find it hard to really compare when you play in a team that just buys the best in the world and youve got tthe best helping you.Same goes for pep.He says he might.need to move on,doesn't know what his challenge is now.Ok pep why don't you take the sheff united job next see how you get on.

I love Gazza but come on, Foden already has multiple EPL titles and a Champions League. Of course 3 times the player is mince but Foden will do a lot more in the game than Gazza did.
The statement was 3 times the player , not what you have won.
I take it Foden is better than George Best as well ?
I love Gazza but come on, Foden already has multiple EPL titles and a Champions League. Of course 3 times the player is mince but Foden will do a lot more in the game than Gazza did.
What happens if he suffers a serious injury ?

Often think anyone who doesn't recognise Gazza as world class only remembers him in a Rangers shirt or beyond. Not saying he wasn't world class at us but the old "just Scottish football" can be thrown. His time at Newcastle and Spurs and with England at times demonstrate just how good he was.

Foden is world class at this moment. Is he 3 times more world class than Gazza? Stupid thing to suggest really.

Don't think it's unreasonable to speculate he will have a much better career than Gazza. He's already got 6 Premiership medals amongst other club honours (including a Champions League) for goodness sake. He may or may not go on to achieve something on the international stage. He is now roughly the same age Gazza was at Italia 90. If Man City put him up for transfer I reckon he'd get a move to the likes of Real Madrid or another super club certainly more prominent than Lazio were when Gazza went to them
Gazza had a good spell with Newcastle, was fundamental in getting Spurs to an FA Cup final before blowing up in the final and damaging himself through a moment of madness, came back to have a great 2 seasons with us and a couple of international tournaments where he had a real impact but not enough to win either of them.
2/3/4 times the player is a meaningless statement but I think it takes some huge nostalgia bias to claim Gazza was a much better player.

Foden will go on to have a far better career. He may already have. He'll certainly have many more accomplishments.

Not sure I'd say Foden is or will be better, although he's certainly a top class footballer. And it's only an argument because for as good as Gazza was, he never hit the heights his talent deserved. Gazza should have been up there with the Zidane's, Platini's, Laudrup's and the likes. He had everything, a generational footballer.

A bit strange to say that Foden will be three times the player when, for me, Bellingham looks the closest thing I've seen for England since Gazza's hayday.

To be fair Foden has a platform to go and become an absolute world class player, as Gazza was but 3 times better ? Behave yourself Noel... if he said Jude Bellingham then I'd maybe take him a bit more seriously....

I find it hard to really compare when you play in a team that just buys the best in the world and youve got tthe best helping you.Same goes for pep.He says he might.need to move on,doesn't know what his challenge is now.Ok pep why don't you take the sheff united job next see how you get on.
Come on man that last sentence is nonsense.

The world just doesn’t work like that

He will likely have a better career because of Gazza's injury troubles, but 3 times the player is just talking nonsense. We will see how much of an impact Foden has on the countries popular culture compared to Gazza.

It’s obviously a stupid take, what does three times a player look like ? For one thing you have to consider the other ten players around him. But in whatever form that is, nobody is three times the player Gaza was. Nobody.
It is a stupid take but Noel knows that himself. He's simply hyping up one of his own. The stupid part is people on here saying it's a fair comment when even Noel knows it isn't :D

I mean that was us during 9 in a row was it not? Not best in the world but certainly the best in Scotland.

It's just a Manchester City fan using hyperbole. We've all done it at times. You see Bayern fans online saying Musiala is twice the player as Bellingham, Leverkusen fans will insist Wirtz is better than Foden...

I don't see that many similarities between Gascoigne and Foden to even compare them directly other than the fact they are both English and both outstanding footballers.

Like Rooney, Gascoigne didn't have the mentality to make the absolute most of his talent. He half arsed it off the pitch. Rooney was world-class and had a brilliant career, but he could and should have been better than that when you think about how good he was as a teenager. But like Gascoigne he didn't do everything he could at all times off the pitch.

Football is a different game now.

Gazza had a good career but was always on the piss, smoking and eating crap

Foden will probably have his own nutritionist etc.

He will have a far far better career than gazza had.
You could argue he already has tbh.
I loved Gascoigne, he's my favourite footballer I've ever seen play for us just ahead of the Danish prince.
But he ruined himself with his demons and injuries didn't help either.
Gazza is right though... Liam is a far better singer than Noel.

Except Noel is unbelievably talented. Can’t say the same about Chris Sutton.
You'll probably get someone telling you now that he's not talented and that he "steals" songs. If you do, tell said poster to go steal songs and become as successful as Noel since it's apparently so easy.

Back