Gerrard and McAllister pay visit to Auchenhowie

Gerrard has a multi million £ home where his family are settled and his kids are at school and amongst friends where his wife is settled and I would presume loves her environment.
This is a guy, who as a player was used to being away from home and their arrangements will probably be similar to when he played.
The big bonus will be his family will not be subjected to the abuse by supporters of the all inclusive club like no other

Probably hopecasting but we'll find out in due course. Staying in Liverpool is what the rhetard hopes for so that it can start the 'he's unsettled and missing his family' pish asap. Of course if he did bring them up they would then say 'they're unsettled and missing their friends' the only difference is that the latter can only really be used if it goes well - which they cannot bear to even think about.

5 hours away in a car, whit towing a caravan?

Do it under 3 coasting.
Just be careful at Gretna. The police caught me there. A court case later and I was lucky to only get 6 points and a hefty fine.

I recommend driving the speed limit now.
But it should be the helicopter for Gerrard.

The article shows the professionalism of the man. Already preparing before he's started.
Most of us go on holidays between jobs.

This is one of my hopes for what Gerrard brings to us.

I remember seeing an EPL feature on Bolton and each player was handed an ipad before the game with clips of the opposition player they'd be facing up against to show them what they could be dealing with.

It's that sort of detail that I bet we don't even get close to. Hopefully he brings in a tonne of fresh ideas that help us improve.

There's a "day in the life" video of Ross McCrorie out there, and I was surprised by how much we actually do. However, it didn't seem quite as detailed or intense as what Russell Martin was doing at Norwich, for example, and part of that was simply down to resources.

That’s not always the case. Mcinnes left his family in Houston and has had ample opportunities to leave Aberdeen as we all know but hasn’t.
Mourinho is another, his family still live in London and he has an apartment in Manchester.
I think our experience with Warburton has gave us the wrong impression but managers do this kind of thing quite regularly.
No comparison between Stevie Ger and Warburton one is class the other is a con artist. Can't see SG pulling a stroke like Warburton did.

This concerns me a bit and I'll tell you why. Warburton did the same and rumours about him wanting away back down south began soon after he arrived here. Within a few months of his arrival there was speculation that he was wanting the Fulham job (I think). Such rumours never really went away during his time here.

If Gerrard is fully committed to the Rangers job then his family needs to be moving up here and going to school here etc.

That's if it's true of course.
Jesus f*cking Christ

This is one of my hopes for what Gerrard brings to us.

I remember seeing an EPL feature on Bolton and each player was handed an ipad before the game with clips of the opposition player they'd be facing up against to show them what they could be dealing with.

It's that sort of detail that I bet we don't even get close to. Hopefully he brings in a tonne of fresh ideas that help us improve.
I think we’d just have given them a kindle and they could have read about the player!!

Along with our new Investor?
1310690.main_image.jpg

Gerrard has showed his class already by keeping out of JNs preparations for the last couple of games....... also at Ibrox last week he spent time with everybody chatting including the tea lady and he told her she was doing an important job ....she then remarked to him ...'Mr Gerrard you had better go as they are all waiting for you" .....'nah' ....he replied quick as a flash ......" it's only a few guys with cameras " ....I'd rather have tea & chat with you to be honest ".
Fair play and respect to your old school manners StevieG ..........she is somebody's mum and you treated her with Respect & Courtesy .... a true Gentleman ,- plus I agree with YOU .....I would rather speak to a proper Glaswegian than a load of corporate suits all day long......

Last edited:
Next stop for Gerrard and McAllister is Dubai where on Sunday they will be part of a star studded meet and greet with Liverpool fans at a live screening of the Anfield side’s last league game of the season against Brighton.

They will be joined on the tip by former team mate Steve McManaman as part of the club’s LFC World promotion - an initiative aimed at growing Liverpool’s brand throughout the globe

The glitzy beach-front bash was one of the major long standing commitments which prevented Gerrard from taking over the reigns at Rangers until the start of the pre-season, despite officially being presented as the club’s new manager last Friday

But the quick return over the border on Tuesday suggests Gerrard’s mind is already focussed on the task that awaits him in Glasgow.

I’m going to this beach front bash on Sunday. Hopeful of meeting Stevie G & Gary McAllister to wish them all the best for the season ahead. :cool:

This concerns me a bit and I'll tell you why. Warburton did the same and rumours about him wanting away back down south began soon after he arrived here. Within a few months of his arrival there was speculation that he was wanting the Fulham job (I think). Such rumours never really went away during his time here.

If Gerrard is fully committed to the Rangers job then his family needs to be moving up here and going to school here etc.

That's if it's true of course.
So you think he should move a settled family 3 hours up the road to be under constant scrutiny and being constantly abused by Jakey poets or he's not commited??

Couldn’t have been overly impressed if they’re wanting changes.

I dont get this, he might be impressed but still want changes. He uses X machines and we use Y machines in the gym, he's sticking with whats trusted.

Lets wait and see how it all goes with out the over positive or negative posts.

A longer interview from the same video i posted above of Stevie G and Klopp talking about management .

This is really good, great to see Klopp as well, I like his attitude about seeing how some teams play and taking that and how to achieve that. He'll be a good mentor to Gerrard.

I'd agree this job needs you all in no half measures.

He’s got 4 kids, his wife and both their families have lived in or around Liverpool their whole lives. SG will be up here Day after day with no family commitments or pressure leaving him to the job. His family will be with family and friends leading their usual lives and not moving to a city where they know nobody and hardly see their Dad because he’s working constantly.

THAT’s why it’s fine if they don’t move up

Gerrard has showed his class already by keeping out of JNs preparations for the last couple of games....... also at Ibrox last week he spent time with everybody chatting including the tea lady and he told her she was doing an important job ....she then remarked to him ...'Mr Gerrard you had better go as they are all waiting for you" .....'nah' ....he replied quick as a flash ......" it's only a few guys with cameras " ....I'd rather have tea & chat with you to be honest ".
Fair play and respect to your old school manners StevieG ..........she is somebody's mum and you treated her with Respect & Courtesy .... a true Gentleman ,- plus I agree with YOU .....I would rather speak to a proper Glaswegian than a load of corporate suits all day long......

I love that.

Where's it from mate?

I love that.

Where's it from mate?
Apparently she was on BBC news/radio and they were also talking about it on talksport etc I think it was Alan Brazil who mentioned the conversation StevieG had with the tea lady ........I think someone said it was also in the English metro ....you know the free paper you get on the tube...

Last edited:
Apparently she was on BBC news/radio and they were also talking about it on talksport etc I think it was Alan Brazil who mentioned the conversation StevieG had with the tea lady ........I think someone said it was also in the English metro ....you know the free paper you get on the tube...

I think I've completely fallen for this guy. In a non Gay way of course.

This is exactly how I've conducted myself throughout my career.

Always engaged with every facet of the organisation. That way you get the best out of them, they are happy to engage with you and inturn they teach you about every facet of the organisation.

So very very important.

Thanks for posting mate. You've made my day already.

It’s nice to hear he’s doing his homework and no doubt there will be some changes. Not just for changes sake but to improve everything

Honestly that is a load of nonsense. Loads of people work away from home and travel home weekly. Gerrard will be the same. This can actually be beneficial, in that he can go back to Liverpool and get away from the pressure and the hype to normality. That can help reduce and manage stress levels.

This visit shows an eye for detail and a tremendous respect for Jimmy Nichol. That is hugely important to me as it shows the character of the person.

Private plane into Liverpool. Home in no time. Could be home every night if he wanted.

I think I've completely fallen for this guy. In a non Gay way of course.

This is exactly how I've conducted myself throughout my career.

Always engaged with every facet of the organisation. That way you get the best out of them, they are happy to engage with you and inturn they teach you about every facet of the organisation.

So very very important.

Thanks for posting mate. You've made my day already.
No probs matey...glad u liked it

Just be careful at Gretna. The police caught me there. A court case later and I was lucky to only get 6 points and a hefty fine.

The article shows the professionalism of the man. Already preparing before he's started.
For

For what it's worth I do north Manchester to Ibrox in 2h 40 on a match day. It's nothing

I fcuking love This Club thru thick and thin, through the good times and the bad times......no other club makes me feel so proud like Rangers ....I am English but no club down here can make the hairs stand up on the back of yer neck like Rangers does.......makes me so proud , I'm coming up for a few games next season at Ibrox anybody oop there fancy showing an old squaddie around a few decent bars.........or maybe just recommend a few good bars for me ?? I've heard the louden is ok .??.......Let us know.....cheers & Rule Britannia.

Last edited:
For

For what it's worth I do north Manchester to Ibrox in 2h 40 on a match day. It's nothing
I fcuking love This Club thru thick and thin, through the good times and the bad times......no other club makes me feel so proud like Rangers ....I am English but no club down here can make the hairs stand up on the back of yer neck like Rangers does.......makes me so proud , I'm coming up for a few games next season at Ibrox anybody oop there fancy showing an old squaddie around a few decent bars.........or maybe just recommend a few good bars for me ?? I've heard the louden is ok .??.......Let us know.....cheers & Rule Britannia.

It's you Bears that help make Rangers great.

Cap doffed to you both. Perhaps there's a transport sharing opportunity right there in your posts?

Or better still, find your nearest RSC and drive to it. Jump on their bus, and enjoy a few beers with fellow Bears.

That's the way to travel, with the battle hymns belting out!

I love that.

Where's it from mate?
It's you Bears that help make Rangers great.

Cap doffed to you both. Perhaps there's a transport sharing opportunity right there in your posts?

Or better still, find your nearest RSC and drive to it. Jump on their bus, and enjoy a few beers with fellow Bears.

That's the way to travel, with the battle hymns belting out!
cheers mate I may check out an RSC I suppose it's my only way to get tickets.

No comparison between Stevie Ger and Warburton one is class the other is a con artist. Can't see SG pulling a stroke like Warburton did.
If he does well for us, and gets offered the Liverpool or England jobs further down the line he’ll be off in a flash. At least we know it. But you know folk will be hating him for it on here too.

If he does well for us, and gets offered the Liverpool or England jobs further down the line he’ll be off in a flash. At least we know it. But you know folk will be hating him for it on here too.

I only think he’d take the Liverpool job down there, listening to him talk about the move to Chelsea he backed out of makes me think there is only one club he’d be comfortable at, he said the few trophies he won with Liverpool meant more than the many he could have at Chelsea.

And if he gets it, it’ll only be because he’s brought success to us, so everyone’s a winner.

He’s got 4 kids, his wife and both their families have lived in or around Liverpool their whole lives. SG will be up here Day after day with no family commitments or pressure leaving him to the job. His family will be with family and friends leading their usual lives and not moving to a city where they know nobody and hardly see their Dad because he’s working constantly.

THAT’s why it’s fine if they don’t move up
I’m absolutely certain that his Mrs and Kids will spend some time up here too.

Back