Gerrard linked with move for Tavernier and Goldson

“Thrashed out.”

It’s a Keith hatchet job to unsettle the squad.
Their agents would know before any newspaper if there was any truth to it.

Would only affect them if it is true, and if they have their heads turned to the point they don't want to risk the deal by being injured.

Possibly provided by Devine?

Not for me. If we go into next season with Sterling now locked in as right back and Devine as his understudy then we will be considerably weaker squad wise straight off the bat.

Right now we have Tav and, if he is injured which is rare, Sterling would play there.

As I've explained above, people are saying play Sterling there and not taking into account the cover and quality we'd then lose in midfield and wide (and as an emergency full back) if he was now first choice right back.

If we sell Tavernier, the only sensible thing to do financially would be to use the money to buy a first choice right back and have Sterling in midfield with him being able to fill in at right back as cover if absolutely necessary.

Last edited:
Sell Tav and get miovski, that fixes the goals, Miovski, Danilo and dessers are 3 decent strikers in the squad. Sell goldson and you should get a decent replacement for the cash. Play sterling RB he would be immense there.
Apparently Feyenoord are wanting Miovski and the sheep are asking for £10 Million.

For a player with 14 league goals so far in Scotland I certainly wouldn't be paying that for him.

We are yet to really see Danilo imo.

Both need to move on, look at where we lose goals against the filth. They target all that side constantly, tav is scared to go forward and Goldson cannot cover when he does.

If we want to beat the filth, we have to change that, transfer fees at there age is a no brainer.

Both need to move on, look at where we lose goals against the filth. They target all that side constantly, tav is scared to go forward and Goldson cannot cover when he does.

If we want to beat the filth, we have to change that, transfer fees at there age is a no brainer.
You’re right they do target that area. Goldsons legs have went so can’t cover for tav it just misshapes us and leads to mistakes.

Any decent money I would accept and move forward with new players. Tav has been great for us but him going will give us money to invest in the squad. That area.

If I see goldson try header the ball like he does against them well, the longer time goes on we won’t get any transfer fee for them.

It’s a big call but would make sense for me.

Just minded we have sterling at the moment also for RB.

Motherwell fan I know said he wouldn’t keep him even if offered on a free. Stephen O’Donnell has kept him out the team some weeks which probably tells us all we need to know
I’d definitely be hoping we strengthened at LB, CH & RB if Tav and Goldson left anyway just meaning more that Devine can cover st both until a replacement was brought in.

I know a man with a van that will help them move the trophies they have helped us win. It is not a big van

Horrendous patter and also pretty weird behaviour.

You'd think it was two players who had done absolutely nothing for the club. God we've had plenty of them over the years. But aye let's continually slate two guys who have done well for us simply because they were part of poorer Rangers teams than what we had pre-2012.

Very strange behaviour.

You'd think it was two players who had done absolutely nothing for the club. God we've had plenty of them over the years. But aye let's continually slate two guys who have done well for us simply because they were part of poorer Rangers teams than what we had pre-2012.

Very strange behaviour.
I think it’s just a case now of a lot of fans have had enough of the same shit every season from these players.

The same false dawns.
The same mistakes.
The same results.

These players have taken us to so close to the top of the mountain on several occasions. But each and every time, they’ve failed to make it to the summit.

I think it’s just a case now of a lot of fans have had enough of the same shit every season from these players.

The same false dawns.
The same mistakes.
The same results.

These players have taken us to so close to the top of the mountain on several occasions. But each and every time, they’ve failed to make it to the summit.
To be fair they both helped us to the top when we needed it most.

To be fair they both helped us to the top when we needed it most.
True, but when there was no pressure from the stands. And I’m sorry, that’s not “Tim patter”, before someone says it.

History as shown when the pressure is on domestically, these players wilt in the heat. There was no fans breathing down their neck at normally hostile away grounds and no pressure of expectation from our own supporters at Ibrox.

You could even argue that a lot of the lesser teams in the league struggled to get motivated during the pandemic season in the way they would during a normal campaign. And let’s not forget, we had a gimme Treble that year and still f**ked up in both Cups.

Delighted they stopped that lots 9.75 in a row, but it’s undeniable that the impact of Covid didn’t help certain players because there was a weight lifted.

Very strange behaviour.

Pretty weird behaviour?....thats nothing.
What about the time he thought Goldson was faking injury v Liverpool. :))

Pretty weird behaviour?....thats nothing.
What about the time he thought Goldson was faking injury v Liverpool. :))

I’d say your behavior is weirder, digging up old posts by folk to humiliate them publicly.

In fact, that’s absolutely shite behavior. People make comments in the heat of the moment following bad results. It’s the nature of a forum, putting them on blast with posts from years ago that you’ve taken time to actually search for?

Aye, weird.

I’d say your behavior is weirder, digging up old posts by folk to humiliate them publicly.

In fact, that’s absolutely shite behavior. People make comments in the heat of the moment following bad results. It’s the nature of a forum, putting them on blast with posts from years ago that you’ve taken time to actually search for?

Aye, weird.
Aye, saying a player faked injury to suit his agenda isn't weird?
He should be humiliated every time he posts shite like that, dry your eyes.

True, but when there was no pressure from the stands. And I’m sorry, that’s not “Tim patter”, before someone says it.

History as shown when the pressure is on domestically, these players wilt in the heat. There was no fans breathing down their neck at normally hostile away grounds and no pressure of expectation from our own supporters at Ibrox.

You could even argue that a lot of the lesser teams in the league struggled to get motivated during the pandemic season in the way they would during a normal campaign. And let’s not forget, we had a gimme Treble that year and still f**ked up in both Cups.

Delighted they stopped that lots 9.75 in a row, but it’s undeniable that the impact of Covid didn’t help certain players because there was a weight lifted.
There may not have been pressure from the stands but that was quite possibly the highest pressured season in Scottish football for many a year and both players stood up when it mattered.

Starting without these 2 would be a breath of fresh air,a new start for the team.
Please take them SG.
Do us another turn Stevie please.

I notice the Flashscore app recently started putting a transfer value on players.

Tav market value is €7.8m
Goldson market value is €6.1m

If we can get around £10m for both that would probably be fair. I’d be keen to move them on and then rebuild.

We should ignore any valuations being made on Clyde.

I see Cammy Bell is telling the Sun that we won't get more for Tavernier than £3-4m.

Looks like he's as helpful to us as a pundit as he was as a truly shite goalkeeper.
Cammy Bell couldn’t punch a f**king balloon never mind a ball, as evidenced at Fir Park.

The guys opinion is as good as his goalkeeping.

Funny thing is I remember Bell more for that opening 5 minute title-winning rampage in Walter’s final season than I do anything about his time with us … other than that “punch”.

Look if we are getting 5m plus for a 32 year old I will be happy, as he is on a big wage as well. I think it is time for guys like him, Goldson, Lundstrum, Borna etc to move on. We need to fresh players in, fresh ideas, winning mentality. I think these guys have had their day at our club and its best they move on, they have done okay but in reality under achieved.

Why does Tav need replaced for that to happen?

I don’t think Tav playing limits anyone else in the teams ability to score goals (other than penalties). The amount of chances we miss is crazy and that’s not down to Tavernier. We shouldn’t be looking to replace his goals we should be looking to add to them.

That is unless we get a big bid or he pushes for a move.
He’s slows down play massively. He along with our left back take every set piece we have. We cross the ball at every opportunity and have done for however long he’s been here,rarely play football through the middle. Our whole style of play is set up for our full backs,mainly our right back. That is troublesome for me bud.

He’s slows down play massively. He along with our left back take every set piece we have. We cross the ball at every opportunity and have done for however long he’s been here,rarely play football through the middle. Our whole style of play is set up for our full backs,mainly our right back. That is troublesome for me bud.
Sounds like a tactical issue rather than a right back issue?

Keep Tav and change the tactics. I’d imagine play goes through him as he’s one of the only players in our team who actually creates chances. See yesterday as a great example.

Tav distancing himself from the Saudi speculation ( which you would expect) but also going a bit further.

'I'm contracted to Rangers for another two seadons after this.i'm fully focussed what i have to do this season and then concentrate on what's to come next season'. The gaffers came out and said i'm a big part of his plans so i'm focussed on Rangers'.

And it won us the game yesterday. Not saying they don't have their faults, or it's always the right thing to do, but it's a successful tactic.

It’s a tactic.

Mix it up a bit.

Be a little less predictable.

Definitely. Tav does drive into midfeld quite often as well. He had a good shot yesterday as well that the keeper tipped over after coming inside a bit. There's definitely more to his game than crossing, Borna not so much though.

Tav distancing himself from the Saudi speculation ( which you would expect) but also going a bit further.

'I'm contracted to Rangers for another two seadons after this.i'm fully focussed what i have to do this season and then concentrate on what's to come next season'. The gaffers came out and said i'm a big part of his plans so i'm focussed on Rangers'.
More second places to come then.

Love it

More second places to come because we might choose to keep a right back who has scored a total 125 goals, assisted 127 more and is Britain's highest scoring defender?

The guy who stepped up and won us our only trophy so far this season?

That guy?
Great record for him …. personally.
Give me a rb that’s a good rb, a new captain that won’t accept his team mates or himself being out worked by Ross county and Dundee with 6/5 games to go, captaining and leading us to another unsuccessful league campaign.
And I’ll settle for a striker to score our goals.

James Tavernier has revealed he’s opened talks with Rangers about a testimonial season despite Steven Gerrard’s plans to take him to Saudi Arabia this summer.

Record Sport revealed last week the former Ibrox boss has been given the green light by his bosses at Al-Ettifaq to launch a bid for the 32-year-old when the transfer window opens for business. And we told how Gerrard could make it a double raid on his old club as he considers making a similar move for Connor Goldson. But, while Tavernier concedes his future could be taken out of his own hands if a bumper offer comes in, he says he’s already planning for another two years in Glasgow.

The 32-year-old said: “Speculation is always around football and I know you’re speaking about the Saudi thing. That has been speculated about for the last year and a bit now, so it’s not new news. The new news is Connor’s name has been attached to it.

“I’ve got two seasons left on my contract at Rangers and we’re in talks obviously about a testimonial, so my contract is at Rangers and I am fully focused on the years ahead and I’m excited about the years ahead and what they can bring. My full focus is on Rangers.”

Tavernier and Goldson would stand to make life-changing amounts of money if Gerrard does come calling in the summer. And the man who was named yesterday on PFA Scotland’s four man Player of the Year shortlist admitted: “Well, football talks, and it can sometimes be out of your own control. But today, I’m a Rangers player, and my full focus is on Rangers.

“I’ve got two seasons left at Rangers and as I’ve said before, my family are really settled and we’re loving life. This is my ninth season, and I’ve always tried to better myself. A testimonial would mean a lot to me because it’s something you don’t really see in football these days. It’s a rarity that you get a testimonial for players, and it’s another landmark. Ten years at a club is a benchmark, and it’s something that I’d like to see.”

And Tavernier has backed Goldson to go the distance too despite falling out of Philippe Clement’s starting XI amidst the Saudi speculation. He said: “Connor has been so consistent for us. He’s been robust, he’s always been fit for the team. He’s one of the hardest trainers.

“You’re always going to get the harshest criticism when you’ve been at Rangers for so long but he’s been an absolutely great servant and a great teammate. We’ve had such a great defensive record this season and that can’t be overshadowed. Yeah, some results might go against you, but for the whole package of what Connor’s done for the team, he’s been outstanding for us and I couldn’t ask for a better centre-back to play beside.”

More second places to come then.
Wild idea but maybe recruitment may actually do a decent job for once and recruit better players instead of folk like Wright, Silva, Lawrence, Lammers etc.

Better recruitment = more trophies

This suggestion that Tav and Goldson are the reason we haven’t won more is utter pish.

Goldson’s legs look done in I’ll give you that. But Tav contributed season after season and whilst he has his flaws, we’d be far better off if the rest of the squad contributed more

No one is more at fault for goals against the filth than those 2.

Its easily our weak link against them.

I could imagine goldson being more receptive to it following his interview recently, where he talks about supporting family financially for life.

That said, if either leave in summer, I doubt Gerrard goes for them

Sorry if previously mentioned, but if Tavernier does leave I think the best option for captain is Jack Butland. I’m not sure how much Butland earns, but he should be our highest paid player and captain.

Back