Gerrard vs that lot

LoyalRanger_72

Apart from the obvious title 55 win, another massive thing under Gerrard was our lack of respect for the scum and it’s why we got joy.

His record vs Celtic

Games - 13
Won - 8
Drew - 1
Lost - 4

Our record post Gerrard vs Celtic

Games - 13
Won - 2
Drew - 3
Lost - 8

Say what you want about 1 trophy in 9 which may be true, that man took over the biggest shambles going and we were on our arse littered with dross in our squad like Jason Holt, Eduardo Herrera, Sean Goss etc. A club that just been pumped 5-0 off our biggest rivals and not only did he get rid of that fear factor in games against that lot, he made us unbeaten league champions and had the filth right where we wanted them. He even left top of the table and had beaten them from his living room not long before. I really don’t think as a club we’ve recovered from losing him to Aston Villa, especially in games against the scum and it’s down to Big Phil to change that clear mental block and get us back in a good position. I trust the big man, he’s done great with a lot of Michael Beale’s mess and let’s be honest, he had this squad overperforming for 6 months. Its sickening we won’t win the title now and you just know he’ll be feeling the same. He needs backed this summer and the opportunity to clear out the deadwood and mentally weak players, you can tell he’s angry with our sudden mental collapse in the last month even though his comments may suggest otherwise. Let’s be honest, he’s only protecting them heading into a massive semi final on Sunday.

Because we had a good midfield when Gerrard was here. In old firm games, games are won and lost in the midfield. If you have a better midfield you will most likely win most old firm games throughout the season.

Right now their midfield is a mile ahead of ours and it’s not close. Gerrard knew that in these games the midfield was important and was why he usually played a flat 3 to control the game.

Anyone using the 1/9 trophy line is deliberately at it.

From where he picked us up from to where he left us was a modern revolution.

His European record, old firm record, breaking Celtic’s hold on the title and the assets he left us with were his legacy. The squad then went on (under the perfect leadership for the task) to reach a European final.

Gerrard inherited what many considered to be the impossible job.

A Rangers side who had finished 3rd for the second season in a row, had been knocked out of the Europa qualifiers against a team from Luxembourg, were routinely losing heavily against Celtic, and were up against a settled Brendan Rodgers side with a huge financial advantage.

Within three years he won the title in an unbeaten league campaign and reached the Europa League last 16 for the second season in a row. When he left we were four points clear at the top and unbeaten in 7 Old Firm matches.

He did an astonishing job under very difficult circumstances and the 1 trophy in 9 line is only trotted out by Celtic supporting pundits who want to downplay his achievements as Rangers manager.

Because we had a good midfield when Gerrard was here. In old firm games, games are won and lost in the midfield. If you have a better midfield you will most likely win most old firm games throughout the season.

Right now their midfield is a mile ahead of ours and it’s not close. Gerrard knew that in these games the midfield was important and was why he usually played a flat 3 to control the game.
While on the whole that might be true, Ross McCrorie bossed an OF at parkhead as a defensive mid under Gerrard (I think).

im sure that was under murty.

0-0 game over the festive period. May have been 30th December? We missed a ridiculous number of absolute sitters that day.

David Bates and Danny Wilson at the back that day wasn't it?

While on the whole that might be true, Ross McCrorie bossed an OF at parkhead as a defensive mid under Gerrard (I think).
Yeah but my point is Gerrard made sure we had numbers in the midfield. We had the flat three midfielders and then two 10s in front. If you wanted to beat him you had to go out wide. Even with inferior players(I can’t remember mccrorie starting in midfield against them under Gerrard?). When you had numbers in the midfield like Gerrard did you controlled most old firm games.

0-0 game over the festive period. May have been 30th December? We missed a ridiculous number of absolute sitters that day.

Thats the one I’m thinking of. Without a shadow of a doubt I’d have said Gerrard was the manager and was bigging up McCrorie after the game.

im sure morelos missed with a header near the end.

Apart from the obvious title 55 win, another massive thing under Gerrard was our lack of respect for the scum and it’s why we got joy.

His record vs Celtic

Games - 13
Won - 8
Drew - 1
Lost - 4

Our record post Gerrard vs Celtic

Games - 13
Won - 2
Drew - 3
Lost - 8

Say what you want about 1 trophy in 9 which may be true, that man took over the biggest shambles going and we were on our arse littered with dross in our squad like Jason Holt, Eduardo Herrera, Sean Goss etc. A club that just been pumped 5-0 off our biggest rivals and not only did he get rid of that fear factor in games against that lot, he made us unbeaten league champions and had the filth right where we wanted them. He even left top of the table and had beaten them from his living room not long before. I really don’t think as a club we’ve recovered from losing him to Aston Villa, especially in games against the scum and it’s down to Big Phil to change that clear mental block and get us back in a good position. I trust the big man, he’s done great with a lot of Michael Beale’s mess and let’s be honest, he had this squad overperforming for 6 months. Its sickening we won’t win the title now and you just know he’ll be feeling the same. He needs backed this summer and the opportunity to clear out the deadwood and mentally weak players, you can tell he’s angry with our sudden mental collapse in the last month even though his comments may suggest otherwise. Let’s be honest, he’s only protecting them heading into a massive semi final on Sunday.
Only Phil can prep our players and have them ready for the battle. It literally is the managers job.

Many managers have had a shit show of a squad but our squad isn’t that bad that we should get embarrassed by Ross County.

Our squad is good enough for our league dross.

Please Phil, get our mental strength back and win the damn easier games, please!

It’s definitely that game. Might’ve been 1-0 but we absolutely destroyed that lot that day. God knows what the score would’ve been if it wasn’t for Craig Gordon

Spot on, we battered them. It's the reason I'll always defend Andy Halliday on here too. I realise one game doesn't make him a superstar but, it was an outstanding performance. He definitely deserved that after a pretty rough spell as a Rangers player. Helps when he had Kent in front of him mind you, who ran riot.

Spot on, we battered them. It's the reason I'll always defend Andy Halliday on here too. I realise one game doesn't make him a superstar but, it was an outstanding performance. He definitely deserved that after a pretty rough spell as a Rangers player. Helps when he had Kent in front of him mind you, who ran riot.
Halliday was outstanding that day. Not the most gifted player but gave his all and showed so much mental strength to bounce back after being humiliated by Murty at Hampden.

Kent ran riot, Arfield smothered that bastard Brown. Morelos absolutely terrorised their centre backs. Pressed the ever living life out them. Rodgers looked absolutely clueless

He was the only one who’s beat Rodgers and beat Fat Ange from his living room. Enough of this nonsense. You sound like a mentally challenged there
He’s a shit manager though, Rodgers and Postecoglu are clearly a lot better.

You’re definitely a mentally challenged.
Away and do one
We would be staring down the barrel of 13 in a row if it wasn’t for that shit manager..
I was referring to Lennon, I mean get a grip. You guys want to argue that it’s not more of an advantage to be up against Lennon for 2 seasons than be my guest. However we do currently have a better manager than Steven Gerrard.

Was that the game Halliday absolutely flattened ntcham in the first couple minutes ? That sets the tone when you’re at home and gets the crowd right into it! Instead we’re now conceding comical goals in the first 25 seconds

Away and do one

I was referring to Lennon, I mean get a grip. You guys want to argue that it’s not more of an advantage to be up against Lennon for 2 seasons than be my guest. However we do currently have a better manager than Steven Gerrard.
Apologies. I thought you were referring to Gerrard.

Reactions: WLF
Two wins out of 13 is bad enough it when you factor in one of them didn't even matter it's abominable.

Never want to hear folk coming out with the shite term "laying down a marker" again. What delusional crap :rolleyes:

Away and do one

The great man Walter’s last title was against Lennon. Does that diminish his achievement that year? That’s what I thought.

Now please behave.

Last edited:
Those were the days ........

victory-crazy.gif

Back