Get Fabio Silva in the 11 every week

Status
Not open for further replies.
He might not score 15/20 goals but his hold up play and link up play is very good.

What a shift he puts in as well, really like what we've seen of him so far.

Where’s @Empire tonight, wonder if he’s stopped preaching that the big man’s not a striker yet

I never said he wasn’t a striker, I said it was clear he doesn’t score enough and is one of these players who needs a few chances before taking one. What we need, and clearly still need is someone as a striker who will take the one chance they get. See Miovski as a perfect example of that tonight.

Silva done well tonight when he came on but as usual FF is reactive as %^*& over one performance.

If he has a poor game on Saturday people will be saying he’s shite.

Would like to see matondo Silva and Cortes start from now on. Matondo played far better than mcausland tonight. Silva was excellent when he came on. Class oozing from him just wish he buried that chance at that end.

Outstanding player. He’s the most British style centre forward in terms of work rate and then seems to just dance with the ball. Being honest, there’s not a hope in hell we could afford to sign the boy.

Ross McCausland was one of the best players on the park tonight. Incredible how people can see it so differently from others.
I really like Ross and he’s going to be a huge star for us.
He most definitely did not have his best game for us tonight though.
Played the wrong pass and crossed poorly by his own high standards.
That’s to be expected from a young player though. He didn’t hide and always made himself available

Outstanding player. He’s the most British style centre forward in terms of work rate and then seems to just dance with the ball. Being honest, there’s not a hope in hell we could afford to sign the boy.

We obviously cannot afford a £32m player but it’s brilliant work from our team to get him on loan. After 115 minutes FF had him definitely a number 10. This manager and his team know what they are doing. Roll on 56. Getting better with every performance. Mon the Gers.

Regardless of where up front Silva plays, he's bringing a different dimension to the team and opening up spaces we've found difficult. McAusland is a hard grafter and does some nice things but tonight I thought his end product was way off. Hopefully he will improve the more he plays. Cortes for his age looks a player, his movement off the ball and eye for a pass is gonna see us good

I never said he wasn’t a striker, I said it was clear he doesn’t score enough and is one of these players who needs a few chances before taking one. What we need, and clearly still need is someone as a striker who will take the one chance they get. See Miovski as a perfect example of that tonight.

Silva done well tonight when he came on but as usual FF is reactive as %^*& over one performance.

If he has a poor game on Saturday people will be saying he’s shite.
The problem is Dessers isn't prolific either therefore in that metric Silva is an infinitely superior footballer. Moving forward Dessers should be a 70 minute sub at best.

The Dessers experiment needs binned.

It’s not an experiment though is it? Unfortunately he’s here for the foreseeable & Mr Clement has been getting much more out of him than Mick ever could.

Horses for courses, I’m sure Mr Clement knows what he’s doing.

People are going on like Dessers was poor today, he wasn’t. His link up and hold up play were good.
Silva is a different type of player and over 5 yards is so quick that when he turns a defender he’s gone. Should’ve squared it to cortes late on for a third as well btw. But I think rotating the strikers is a smart idea
Dessers wasn't poor per se, but he was average at best and hence why he was hooked after just 55 minutes.

I'm positive we'd have won more convincingly if Silva had started. Some of our football first half was incisive and Silva has the better technical skills and speed (physically and in how he reads and plays the game) to link up better with Matondo, McCausland, Lawrence and Cantwell when they were doing good things first half.

Dessers was largely on the periphery of the match

Silva is a top top player.
He’s in my start line up from now.
His touch, awareness, speed and football intelligence are striking.
Best player in Scotland right now for me.
He’ll shine for us.
Honestly, if this isn't jumping out at people who watch us right now, I really don't know what game they are saying. He's clearly a completely different level of talent to our other current forward options.

Ross McCausland was one of the best players on the park tonight. Incredible how people can see it so differently from others.
I don't get it in this game

2 players concerned me

Yilmaz for constantly giving possession back to Aberdeen first half

Dessers, not because what he did was particularly poor. But for the guy leading the line he just wasn't involved much. The game mostly passed him by.

McCausland was not a concern for me at all. And the fact we have for years had an issue with players being unwilling to shoot from further out, his longer range strike directly lead to the opening goal. Keeper maybe did poorly, but the attacking player has to take chances for such errors to arise. I mean look at us, Aberdeen's goal can be put down to defending team errors too. That's how it often goes.

We're going to need both Silva and Dessers, it's no surprise that a player who commanded a £35 million transfer is the better option, but both will play their part.

Silva's attitude and work rate is absolutely spot on though and he has the ability to back it up, he's going to be a joy to watch for the rest of the season, and hopefully beyond it we can get another loan deal worked out.

The Dessers experiment needs binned.
That's simply not going to happen

Any chance of it disappeared when the transfer window closed. So no matter what you, I, or anybody else thinks of him, we need to get behind him and support him to get the best out of the guy

He’s the better player for sure but horses for courses and rotation will be key.

We are going to need both players for the rest of the season, there’s no question Silva is superior to big Dessers however I think PC got it spot on last night.

As good as Silva is he can’t play every 90 minutes without a rest, it’s a squad game and both will be needed.

Edit: Also loving the extra yard of pace Dessers has found, must have been the injury/op he had on his knee as he’s vastly quicker than he was in August.

Too lightweight for Scottish Football, not a striker and won't scored goals.

According to many based on his time into he EPL as an 18 year old kid when he was forced into the starting lineup for a terrible wolves side due to an injury crisis.

The not scoring goals bit is funny too as he scored a goal every 140 minutes for PSV and 7 in 16 starts in Belgium the last 2 seasons. Seems like people just looking at whole figures in terms of games and looking for a reason to justify their wild claims.

Last edited:
Silva offers so much more than Dessers, Dessers imo is just not good enough, no awareness where to be in the box.
Silva is busy and on the move all the time, very skillfull on the ball.
He makes good runs and Cantwell and rest of midfield will start to find him.

What we do have is variation between the players, the front 2 will be rotated throughout the season, but I thought Silva last night was fantastic. Last night was a gritty performance, dare I say it a Rangers performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back