Get Fabio Silva in the 11 every week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wolves fan in peace. I have been watching how Fabio performed for you guys and he is exactly the same as he was with us. A complete waste of space. Even when played out of position he offers absolutely nothing, he doesnt win tackles, he doesn't win headers and offers zero threat.

We were so excited when we bought him (yes, £35m for a ‘generational talent’… what a bunch of fools we were…). We felt he needed to muscle up a bit and hoped a year in the gym would make him adapt to the English game. How wrong we were.

The loan move to Anderlecht seemed a good move for him, but quickly offered nothing again and then a move to PSV also highlighted his downfalls.

We were hoping a move to a Scottish giant would see him adapt better…. But as you can see for yourselves… he really offers nothing other that embarrassing dives and rolls on the floor (we have got used to that over the last few year with our Portuguese players, and we HATE seeing it).

we hope we can offload him asap to anyone, regardless of the money wasted, he would be best suited to a Portuguese second division team, or some mediocre Belgian and Dutch team at best.

we are sorry to have burdened you with him. as ever with Fabio, he never wants to take advantage of a positive loan move, which keeps highlighting just how poor he is. i know the price tag wasnt his fault, but he doesnt want to even try to put that behind him.

good luck with the rest of the season, and i was hoping would beat Celtic to the title, but worry that ship has sailed now. Will keep cheering you on till the end though.

all the best.

Silva apart, Portuguese players seemed to have been good for Wolves over the last decade.

I'm glad you have steadied the ship in your own league.

It's an absolute trait on FF, that a player simply has to play reasonably well in a couple of games and the hyperbole starts.
After Benfica away someone posted that Silva is clearly a 30m player.
I've heard on here that Hagi is among the best of his generation in Europe.
Remember the clamour for Tav and Goldson to be in the England squad?
Cantwell is "levels above." To be fair it wasn't clarified what he is levels above.
I could go on.
Absolute mentalism born of desperation imo.

Last edited:
It's an absolute trait on FF, that a player simply has to play reasonably well in a couple of games and the hyperbole starts.
Cantwell is "levels above." To be fair it wasn't clarified what he is levels above.
I could go on.
Absolute mentalism borne of desperation imo.
Probably the best post I’ve read all year on here……have to be careful as it seems to have crept in with Sterling (who I do rate) as well

Sad pathetic life you must have, quoting posts from 2 months ago on a Saturday night. And he has been rotten since he’s been played at left mid, which backs up the point he is a striker and nothing else. Wish Clement would see that sooner rather than later

Nice to see you can’t take it.

Happy to call me out after one performance after I said he was pish but can’t take it yourself. B-D

And my life is actually pretty fucking decent to be fair. Made even better when people end up looking like clowns.

Also very amusing you are wanting to die on the “Silva’s a striker” hill.

I backed him to score 10 goals between January and the end of the season.

Be lucky to hit half that. I think he's a good player tbh just isn't going to work out here.

Wolves fan in peace. I have been watching how Fabio performed for you guys and he is exactly the same as he was with us. A complete waste of space. Even when played out of position he offers absolutely nothing, he doesnt win tackles, he doesn't win headers and offers zero threat.

We were so excited when we bought him (yes, £35m for a ‘generational talent’… what a bunch of fools we were…). We felt he needed to muscle up a bit and hoped a year in the gym would make him adapt to the English game. How wrong we were.

The loan move to Anderlecht seemed a good move for him, but quickly offered nothing again and then a move to PSV also highlighted his downfalls.

We were hoping a move to a Scottish giant would see him adapt better…. But as you can see for yourselves… he really offers nothing other that embarrassing dives and rolls on the floor (we have got used to that over the last few year with our Portuguese players, and we HATE seeing it).

we hope we can offload him asap to anyone, regardless of the money wasted, he would be best suited to a Portuguese second division team, or some mediocre Belgian and Dutch team at best.

we are sorry to have burdened you with him. as ever with Fabio, he never wants to take advantage of a positive loan move, which keeps highlighting just how poor he is. i know the price tag wasnt his fault, but he doesnt want to even try to put that behind him.

good luck with the rest of the season, and i was hoping would beat Celtic to the title, but worry that ship has sailed now. Will keep cheering you on till the end though.

all the best.
His loan to Anderlecht was a good time for him, dives and rolls on the floor, been on the pitch 18 time for Rangers, seen him roll once

I could go on.
Lammers was giving folk Brian Laudrup vibes
:))

I could go on.

Genuinely don't think we are any different to any other fanbase where we bum up our own players to the heavens after a few good games

Last edited:
He’s not that good, don’t want him near the starting 11 in any game. He rolls more time then dice in a game of Monopoly

I backed him to score 10 goals between January and the end of the season.

Be lucky to hit half that. I think he's a good player tbh just isn't going to work out here.
I said the opposite. He was never going to score 10. Even when played up front he was nowhere near the box

What? Can you elaborate more on this please?
His performance against Ross county was so bad he should’ve been dropped against Dundee (he wasn’t).

I was asking for him to be dropped against Hearts, he was.

Not anything else to it really

Silva has had his chance, hasn’t taken it .
Multiple failed loan moves probably means he should return to Portugal and start again.

all the best.
Great post. Sums Silva up unfortunately.
It’s a wonder why we took him on loan considering the other failed loan moves. So why should it work with us. It’s a bit like Amad Diallo when he came to us. He still Wasn’t ready and was still developing.

I could go on.
Football fans getting excited about football players that play for their football team wow very shocking

Scott Wright simply isn’t good enough to play for Rangers although he does try and occasionally scores some good goals. However, if I had a straight choice between Wright and Silva, Wright would get the nod every single time. Silva is a waste of a jersey and the sooner he is sent back to Wolves the better.

I could go on.
Spot on

J
I could go on.

Just setting them all up for the inevitable "abject failure" "serial loser" accusations that some people like to throw about like confetti on here when players don't live up to the unrealistic expectations placed on them.

I could go on.
Doesn’t even take a couple games. Some posters were saying dessers would be the signing of the season before he had even kicked a ball!!

all the best.
You'd be better off playing Robert Plant up front. I suppose they have the same hair do.

I was excited when we got him on loan from Wolves (not Robert Plant, Silva), '£35 million? This lad must be a player.' I thought.

Good grief!!

With any luck, we won't see him in a Rangers jersey again.
Given the choice of starting him or Matondo, as may well be the case, I'd be starting Silva every time. Notwithstanding the bizarre 'topple' he did more in his minutes on the pitch last Sunday than Matondo did in his.

His performance against Ross county was so bad he should’ve been dropped against Dundee (he wasn’t).

I was asking for him to be dropped against Hearts, he was.

Not anything else to it really
Thanks Mathers for taking the time to reply and I agree about his form which was as bad as many others on both nights!

I can't for the love of me figure out how weak we became in two crucial league title matches?

As much pain as I am daily in the past few years, I was thinking of coming out of retirement, hiring a Zimmer frame and adding more pace the last 15 minutes of that Dundee game!

I just hope it has clicked they need to conjure up every feeling and ounce of energy and get that battle fever right for the remaining games?

Enjoy the rest of your night Mathers and
thanks again for sharing your opinion same to all on FF!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back