Glasgow Cup - B Team vs Queens Park

Not sure I'd go that far. Ishaka looked impressive when he was first with us but has stalled badly, mainly due to injury to be fair to the lad.
We're paying reportedly 20k a week on a winger that no one thinks can start for us.

I'm being flippant as have only seen Ishaka a handful of times, and he equally frustrates me at not getting his head up enough. But if we're serious about player trading we need our youth team to be the squad players, not those on big wages like Matondo.

Games being played at a slow pace. Good to get minutes in the legs of Jack. As for Lowry I don't get the big hype over him.

Lowry's first minutes since the turn of the year is it not? Give the lad a break. He has the talent on the ball but needs to show more off the ball.
Was in stand at weekend I just assumed he had been included in the first team squad for that match . Funnily enough Robbie Fraser was there too .

Last edited:
Hope we can turn Stevens into a first team player as he has serious talent, Ishaka has that skill set that could cause problems for our opponents just now but there’s a rawness to his game that modern coaches think need sorting out

Hope we can turn Stevens into a first team player as he has serious talent, Ishaka has that skill set that could cause problems for our opponents just now but there’s a rawness to his game that modern coaches think need sorting out

There were rumours that Stevens and Lovelace want to go back down to England this summer. The fact there's been no contracts signed at this stage makes me think there's some substance to it.

True but we’ve still got games of football to win!
Well that's the thing we're always in 'win now' mode, whereas other European teams maybe don't have the same pressure from fans and can bed in youth.

Will be really interesting the approach we take next season to finally get a model in place.

Well that's the thing we're always in 'win now' mode, whereas other European teams maybe don't have the same pressure from fans and can bed in youth.

Will be really interesting the approach we take next season to finally get a model in place.
All very true but, your second paragraph, nothing can take the place of winning.
The “model” will need to be improved but it won’t be at the expense of immediate on field success.

All very true but, your second paragraph, nothing can take the place of winning.
The “model” will need to be improved but it won’t be at the expense of immediate on field success.
But we're not winning. If Celtic win on Saturday that's 5 out of the last 6 seasons we've been able to compete that they've won a title.

It's all about creating funds so we can have a sustained period of success. Finding a balance between winning now and squad players to get experience and make us profit.

Lowry's first minutes since the turn of the year is it not? Give the lad a break. He has the talent on the ball but needs to show more off the ball.
Lowry is a good player & despite him being almost universally written off, I still hope he can make it with us by seeing the new season as a fresh start, impressing Clement pre-season & maximising his undoubted talent.

Beale’s ridiculous comment about “would your team mates trust you” helped no-one - he wouldn’t have said it about any of the senior players, despite their many glaring faults.

Stevens has been widely reported as going back down south at the end of the season - pity, as he looks really promising.

A fully fit Ryan Jack has been badly missed this season, but it’s difficult to see any justification for a new contract for him.

How long do you think we’d wait for on field success?
Not you, the fanbase.

Back