Goal difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

defender

Realistically we need to beat them by 2 and outscore them in the other games, beating them by 3 would obviously be even better but goal difference (IF a victory can be secured on Saturday) is potentially an extra and title winning point.

PC needs to get these players at them from the first minute to the last, nothing to lose, everything to gain !

If we beat them on Saturday they’ll likely drop points to Killie
I'd love them to but we have to set out on the assumption that they will win both of their remaining matches after Saturday.

Which is why I reckon we'll need to win by four clear goals against Dundee.

We may even need to win by three or four at Tynecastle.

A big, big ask but let's see.

If you could make a deal with god right now -we beat them 1-0 but then only beat Dundee 1-0 aswell.

They kick off at Rugby Park 3 points behind but still ahead on goal difference - who wouldnt sign up for that at this precise moment in time ?
I wouldnt.

Imo to have any chance we need to win on saturday. 1 goal is enough. Then beat dundee by 4 goals so we are top by the time they play killie on points and GD. Its then over to them

Anything more than that in either game is a bonus but we need to be top on wednesday night before they play by 3 points and a better GD

St Boo will lie down to them on the final day. They could easily hit them for 6 or 7

So we need to try and go for 2 or 3-0 on Saturday if we do take the lead - and then absolutely batter Dundee

Realistically we need to beat them by 2 and outscore them in the other games, beating them by 3 would obviously be even better but goal difference (IF a victory can be secured on Saturday) is potentially an extra and title winning point.

PC needs to get these players at them from the first minute to the last, nothing to lose, everything to gain !
How about winning by 4?

That would be even better, right?

St Boo will lie down to them on the final day. They could easily hit them for 6 or 7

So we need to try and go for 2 or 3-0 on Saturday if we do take the lead - and then absolutely batter Dundee
I could see Hearts taking it easy on the final day as well though if we have a chance to win the league.

Any win at all on Saturday though is all that matters before then though.

I could see Hearts taking it easy on the final day as well though if we have a chance to win the league.

Any win at all on Saturday though is all that matters before then though.
Theres really no point worrying about GD till after Saturday. If we dont sin its irrelevant Clement said it months ago. You look with 2 games to go. His prediction was perfect

Just beat them on Saturday and go for the jugular against Dundee. Robinson would not tolerate his team lying down to those bastards, he f()cking hates them.

I wouldnt.

Imo to have any chance we need to win on saturday. 1 goal is enough. Then beat dundee by 4 goals so we are top by the time they play killie on points and GD. Its then over to them

Anything more than that in either game is a bonus but we need to be top on wednesday night before they play by 3 points and a better GD

Do you think we’ll win on Saturday ?

Most people would think it’s a big ask.

If we’re 3 points clear at 10pm on Tuesday, irrrspective of goal difference then I think all our wildest expectations are exceeded.

I’d still say our best hope is beating them and them feeling the pressure at slipping up at Kilmarnock.

Whatever inroads we could make into goal difference against Dundee I imagine they could reciprocate with interest against St Mirren.

I can't work out whether I admire or pity our fans that get their hopes up like this.

Especially in recent years, I set my expectations low to avoid the inevitable disappointment.

Can't comprehend how you can build yourself up with that amount of optimism only to be let down again.

Really hope I'm wrong & people are on here on Saturday pm calling me a surrender monkey shitebag

I laughed away the notion of GD being a factor this season, but more galling is the fact we never gained a point Vs Ross County as that extra point would have left us a piggery win from the title! but again let's be rational about it, Beale lost 3 days in a week that's where the blame lies

Yup 3-0 will put us top….. will it happen? Doubt it but can but hope
All prior games this season have been close, can only see a 1 goal margin win. So then equal points but needing a 3 goal swing...let's just win and see where the land lies.
Win, win, win at all costs and let's see if we all backtrack and become fully registered members of the Marvin Andrews fan club going into Wednesday

We scored 4 against them not so long ago. If we can keep a clean sheet then there is no reason why we can’t get 3 at least!
Mon the Teddy Bears!

The problem we have is there there is zero chance we are keeping a clean sheet with
Tav Soutar Davies and barasic

And we have a strike force that need 10 chances to score

I know everyone will be.. where's the battle fever, but that's the cold hard truth. Best we can hope for is a draw

The problem we have is there there is zero chance we are keeping a clean sheet with
Tav Soutar Davies and barasic

And we have a strike force that need 10 chances to score

I know everyone will be.. where's the battle fever, but that's the cold hard truth. Best we can hope for is a draw
Drop the 10, a strong midfield 3 and we can win. I get what you are saying, however, I genuinely believe we can win IF we match them in midfield.

If we go with the 2 & a 10, we ain’t winning. Surely our manager recognises this?

We will soon find out. I’m clinging to the hope that everyone is writing us off. I’ve seen this movie before.

Just fu()king do it Rangers.

• Love
Reactions: TQ3
I think scoring 3 puts real pressure on, rather than “ifs and buts” leading into the last couple of games.
I agree mate, however, at this point I will take our chances and accept a 1 nil. I remember walking out of Ibrox deflated after they beat us 2-1 and the filth were displaying piss stained bed sheets declaring the league was won at Ibrox with 4 games to go, the rest is history.

Those rat bastards believe Saturday is a given. Dominate the midfield, take our chances and watch them implode. They have previous for it. Dirty rat bastards.

Realistically we need to beat them.

Do you think we’ll win on Saturday ?

Most people would think it’s a big ask.

If we’re 3 points clear at 10pm on Tuesday, irrrspective of goal difference then I think all our wildest expectations are exceeded.

I’d still say our best hope is beating them and them feeling the pressure at slipping up at Kilmarnock.

Whatever inroads we could make into goal difference against Dundee I imagine they could reciprocate with interest against St Mirren.
I'm with you on this broadly.

In terms of Saturday it's any win will do - of course we'd all love to win by 2 or 3 but if you have me a scrappy 1-0 or 2-1 now I'd bite your hand off. It keeps us alive and with a chance.

We then have 2 ways in which the league can be won (both meaning we need to win both our games).

One is that Killie at least draw with them, which is definitely possible.

The other is bettering them on goal difference, which is much tougher.

In terms of Dundee, obviously all dependent on Saturday, but I think we'd give them a shot in the arm if we only scrape it and they still have a couple of goals on us, knowing any win over Killie will do with the easier fixture to finish.

Whereas if we can win by 3 or 4, we match or better goal difference and they're then in a position where even beating Killie keeps it very live going into the final day.

As over the moon as we'd be if we win tomorrow, I think we'd rightly consider it an opportunity missed on Tuesday night if we only win by 1.

Would i take it now? Possibly...

It would then go to goals scored.

If that was identical ( which could have happened in 2003) then they said then that it would be a one off playoff to determine who won it
They're well ahead on goals scored so you have to consider they start with an additional goal on the goal difference as it stands (so +6 instead of +1).

Even a 1-0 win on Saturday and 4-0 v Dundee would leave us a 'goal' behind if they only beat Killie by one goal. Ifs and buts and all that.

I'd be delighted with any win on Saturday but if we could manage somehow to win by a couple I'd be sucked back in to believing again....

I'm with you on this broadly.

In terms of Saturday it's any win will do - of course we'd all love to win by 2 or 3 but if you have me a scrappy 1-0 or 2-1 now I'd bite your hand off. It keeps us alive and with a chance.

We then have 2 ways in which the league can be won (both meaning we need to win both our games).

One is that Killie at least draw with them, which is definitely possible.

The other is bettering them on goal difference, which is much tougher.

In terms of Dundee, obviously all dependent on Saturday, but I think we'd give them a shot in the arm if we only scrape it and they still have a couple of goals on us, knowing any win over Killie will do with the easier fixture to finish.

Whereas if we can win by 3 or 4, we match or better goal difference and they're then in a position where even beating Killie keeps it very live going into the final day.

As over the moon as we'd be if we win tomorrow, I think we'd rightly consider it an opportunity missed on Tuesday night if we only win by 1.

Would i take it now? Possibly...

Oh I don’t disagree, if we end up winning tomorrow then only scrapping past Dundee then the mood will quickly turn to gloom again.

However suppose we do win tomorrow, I think it’s still going to be very hard to win it on goal difference.

What’s the best case scenario against Dundee ? Maybe a three or four goal win - that probably won’t be enough even if they beat Killie by one goal.

It’s hard not to think they won’t beat St Mirren by more than we would beat Hearts.

All hypothetical of course - by far the biggest hurdle is the first one tomorrow and I’d be thrilled if we’re even worrying about goal difference in the last two games.

St Mirren could still be playing for 4th, depends on other results before then.

They're well ahead on goals scored so you have to consider they start with an additional goal on the goal difference as it stands (so +6 instead of +1).

Even a 1-0 win on Saturday and 4-0 v Dundee would leave us a 'goal' behind if they only beat Killie by one goal. Ifs and buts and all that.

I'd be delighted with any win on Saturday but if we could manage somehow to win by a couple I'd be sucked back in to believing again....
If we win tomorrow and beat Dundee then all we can hope is that the pressure gets to them and they drop points at Killie.

If they beat Killie and it's neck and neck with GD then they will scud St Mirren on the last day. Our only hope IMO is them losing tomorrow then drawing with Killie.

We’re going to a place where we’ve been humiliated more than once in recent times.

Any win will do.

If we setup the team correctly, we can do it.

I’m old enough to remember the last time they had to play St Mirren on the last day when it came down to goal difference.
Maybe St Mirren I aren’t the same mentally challenged select from that day, maybe they haven’t as many mentally challengeds as Goodwin had, but there still teams I would prefer them to be playing.

In my wee club on Wednesday sitting with a few mates from the dark side( I know) :D
I mention we win 3-0 we go top, cue bedlam with them citing 5 in front etc.
See trying to explain it them, ended up with a pen and paper, so much for catholic schooling;)

We can’t go into Saturday thinking about goal difference. I would take 1-0, i would also hope that if we are in the lead heading into the last 10 minutes they will attack and leave spaces at the back. Just win the game, goal difference is way down the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back