Gogic.

He was probably the best player on the pitch last time we played there too. I've said it time and again but, match these teams for workrate and desire and the rest takes care of itself. Guys like Gogic are a good example of what you can achieve by leaving everything on the pitch.

Hardly a journeyman with that amount of clubs. Even the shitest players can have a wonder game every now and again. We were unlucky that today Gogic decided to have a performance like that today.
Your point is valid mate but I’d say Gogic is one of the better defensive midfielders in the league outwith the OF. He has got a lot of experience playing in Scotland now and knows that 110% effort with a bit of positional awareness to boot goes a long way.

Look at his desire to get back and stop that chance at the end. Sprinting from our half to make sure he was in a position to cut it out.
Half our team are on holiday already while we are still in with a chance of a treble. Not sure I can get my head round that

If half our team had his desire and commitment then we would likely have the league sewn up by now. You really can’t fault someone who may well have limited ability but has that attitude.

Just had Susie Dent on the phone in tears. She says you don't have to have had a lot of clubs to be a journeyman. The 'journey' has nothing to do with travel. It comes from the same root as the French word 'jour' and relates to the fact that they were originally hired by the day.
journeyman
1 a worker who has learned a trade and works for another person usually by the day

2 an experienced reliable worker, athlete, or performer especially as distinguished from one who is brilliant or colorful

Cant think of a word other than rude. Gogic has always been a decent player. Technically limited but works hard and is ultra fit

A jobber playing exactly where he should be, the fact we make him look far better than he actually is is the issue.

He is easily pulled out of position and frequently gets caught by teams with good movement . We somehow managed to make him look good today and that is shame on us

Gogic does love to tot up the fouls and has done since his Hamilton days but you'll never get less than 100% effort and work rate from him and it does take players a long way these days.

I’d take Gogic in a minute for us. He might not be a world beater but he is exactly the type of player we haven’t had enough of over the last few years. The type of player that encourages others to give as much as he does.
He’s certainly a better option than the likes of Davies and King.

The guy played well albeit got away woyj a few and could have been booked before he was but a wholehearted performance.

You can’t fault his work rate and how he tries to inspire his team mates.
His run back to stop Lawrence’s shot going in should be shown to young defenders just learning the game. He burst a gut to get there and kept his team in the match. MOTM today.

Thought he played with real determination today. Only time I see him is against us but I don't think he would get away with how physical he was today playing for us. Not saying we should sign him.

Two things. Hard work and desire can overcome talent if talent doesn’t work hard. His clearance from Lawrence epitomised that, and is just one example why we’re not running away with this league, that has to be a goal.

Second, none of our players would have lasted that long without a booking, playing exactly how Gogic did.
This is it, the constant awarding of free kicks and yellow cards against our players limits the aggression that they can utilise. Whereas players like Gogic (see also Shinnie, Power, Carter-Vickers, Devlin) tend to get away with these frequently against us.

I don’t think he was particularly dirty.

A couple of fouls that we got free kicks from but nothing brutal from him.

I’m saying fair fcuks to the guy. He gave his all.

Don't get me wrong, mate.

I'd love to see our defenders and midfield show the same drive and intensity as Gogic today, but it just wouldn't be allowed. We saw what happened to Aberdeen's combatitive Ryan Jack when he came to Rangers, yellows and reds everywhere from then on.

He's a decent player and was easily the best player on the park today. Wish we had a few players with his mentality

He played well and if some of the sacred cows hero worshipped on this forum played with that kind of drive we'd still be top of the league.

The stat that surprised me the most was it was only his 6th booking of the season. If he played in any other league in Europe it would be a lot more. Although maybe he doesn't play the same against other teams.

OPs had a howler. Its ok for an opposition player to have a good game against the best in the league.
He plays well against us a lot we don't have a player to physically match him.

Does help he got booked on his 27th body check mind

He's been a fairly consistent and tough opponent in SPFL over the years. You know what you're getting from a guy like him. Nothing pretty or spectacular, but work rate and no nonsense defending in spades.

Most of the time, he seldom influences a game against us. He was very good today, though. Pretty bizarre, that you've deemed it to be, that he warrants an entire thread tbh.

Latest posts

Back