Gogic.

Gogic had an easy day of it. Normally when we play against him he gets booked , often early on, and is made to look quite ordinary.

Today, our forwards made him look decent. So much so, that decided to step up , win the ball, and drive forward - that led to their goal.

He's not a great player, but my goodness, our forward play made him look decent.

Desire, determination, grit, spirit and fight. Never seen panicked under pressure, and passed the ball well. There were a number in our team who could have done with a few of those characteristics this afternoon.

He was a standout today. Take from that what you will.

I don't mind him. Limited player but uses whatever he has to the fullest of his abilities.

Also liked how he congratulated Butland on that save :D

Struggling to believe what I'm reading here

The guy is a fucking Diddy and should have been off the park today

His foul on Silva first half should have been a penalty and yellow card. The epitome of a challenge that would be given anywhere else on the park

Then lo and behold he does exactly the same on Dessers second half, free kick and yellow given

Not doubting his commitment and desire, but he should have been sent off today.
Any other league in Europe or down South, he is booked before he eventually received the yellow.

Some of our fans are similar to our players and can’t handle the opposition digging in and showing some fight.
It's a mental post. I genuinely thought when I opened the thread it would be to have given him credit. But no, it's someone who feels like he has to make a case for him not being good. Just give the guy credit for a solid performance and be thankful it wasn't enough to deny us the points lol

His foul on Silva first half should have been a penalty and yellow card. The epitome of a challenge that would be given anywhere else on the park

Then lo and behold he does exactly the same on Dessers second half, free kick and yellow given

Come on it's never a foul.

Silva went down like a sack of totties, if he stays up he's either clean through or Gogic is forced to bring him down in a more aggressive manner.

Silva is what, 6 foot 1, 6 foot 2, yet has all the physicality of a fairy.

Delusional. Never a foul. He simply stood up and was stronger than Silva, who tried to milk it.
Not saying Silva was wrong to try - you see these every game - but it wasn't a foul.

Just out of interest - have you ever played football at any level?

There was no foul on Silva, he just made sure he stood his ground but not in such a way as to concede a foul.

To be honest, you would need to be be pretty blinkered not to concede that the guy had a great game today.

Not shite, just limited. Yes, shows fight and aggression which means he does ok in this league.

I like him, he’s a big hard bastard of a CH and a leader, been a long time since we had someone of similar ilk.

Every time I have seen Gogic I am amazed how he gets away with such persistent fouling by holding onto opponents, blocking and pulling jerseys.
Fits in well in SPFL

It was obstruction so isn't a penalty

When you’re given a 4 foul free hit by the referee it helps.
But that aside he had a good game, he used to have good games against us for Hamilton as well, can’t really recall any for Hibs.

Players can have good games against us by the way, that is allowed

'exactly' the same?

I think you need to look at both incidents again. Ref got them both right.

Hes
The epitome of a shite journeyman midfielder as seen below yet he bossed us today. Unacceptable.

Alex Gogić
Personal information
Team information
Youth career
Senior career*
International career‡
Full nameAlexandros Gogić[1]
Date of birth13 April 1994 (age 30)
Place of birthNicosia, Cyprus
Height1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)[1]
Position(s)Centre back, Defensive midfielder
Current teamSt Mirren
Number13
Olympiacos
2013–2017Swansea City
YearsTeamApps(Gls)
2017–2020Hamilton Academical70(2)
2020–2022Hibernian43(1)
2022St Mirren (loan)13(1)
2022–St Mirren63(3)
Cyprus U19
Cyprus U21
2020–Cyprus18(0)
*Club domestic league appearances and goals, correct as of 16:01, 13 April 2024 (UTC)
‡ National team caps and goals, correct as of 22:57, 3 December 2022 (UTC)
He's got commitment and work ethic that a lot of our players don't show. Gogic has a great game today, we can't say that about any of our outfield players.
Watch the game instead of his background, OP

Only 30 years old?

I though he was about 38!!

Today was a lesson for any young lad watching, attitude over ability will get you far in Scotland.

Credit where its due he gave 110% today!
100%. I’ve seen him looking like the hardest working player on the pitch against us and the filth in recent weeks. If you have the basics, but the right mentality, you can make it in this game. We have a couple of guys who would do well to mimic the attitude bit.

Great player. One of the best I’ve seen for Accies in the last ten years.

Great positional sense, strong in the tackle, surprisingly skilful on the ball too. I was amazed he didn’t establish himself at Hibs. Now the standout in that St Mirren team.

I thought Gogic had a great game today. As others have said,I wish we had some who showed the heart and desire that he did.

Two things. Hard work and desire can overcome talent if talent doesn’t work hard. His clearance from Lawrence epitomised that, and is just one example why we’re not running away with this league, that has to be a goal.

Second, none of our players would have lasted that long without a booking, playing exactly how Gogic did.

The amount of off the ball stuff he got away with was ridiculous.

Also, the incident with Silva in the box was the same as the incident with Dessers when he was booked. So why no penalty?

Best player on the park. He’s shite but he tries his hardest at least he does when he plays us which is the only time I really see him. That interception summed his game up.
He was screaming at his team like a raging maniac when they had a corner aswell, encouraging people, slamming himself into absolutely everything. We could do worse. He'd be handy for certain situations and probably the dressing room aswell.

Best player on the park. He’s shite but he tries his hardest at least he does when he plays us which is the only time I really see him. That interception summed his game up.
He’s not ‘shite’. He’s a spoiler who does all the dirty work for his team and is very good at it at this level. I could just as easily say that your comment is ‘shite’.

Had we dropped any points I’m not sure I’d have been able to say this, but I thought he was outstanding today. Best player on the park and quite classy from him to shake Butland’s hand at how good his save was.

If Scotland had referees who knew the rules of football he would have been sent off today.

With a Spanish or Portuguese ref he would have been off.

He was probably the best player on the pitch last time we played there too. I've said it time and again but, match these teams for workrate and desire and the rest takes care of itself. Guys like Gogic are a good example of what you can achieve by leaving everything on the pitch.
Agree with that. Right now we’re little better than well drilled SPFL outfits prepared to put themselves about for ninety minutes.

We don’t appear to have the quality anywhere on the pitch in front of Jack Butland to make games like these easier than they are and a big part of that I feel is because we struggle to match the physicality of these teams.

This isn’t really meant as a criticism of Clement, but I do wonder if foreign managers really get that aspect of Scottish football.

I suppose the thinking is that better footballers, coaching, training, facilities, etc will see us surmount that approach, and more often than not that is the case, but I think we’re finding it difficult right now because we lack genuinely physical players in our side.

It’s another reason why I’d like to see Sterling right in the heart of it and why I hope we look to add more players with his strength and athleticism in the summer.

Just had Susie Dent on the phone in tears. She says you don't have to have had a lot of clubs to be a journeyman. The 'journey' has nothing to do with travel. It comes from the same root as the French word 'jour' and relates to the fact that they were originally hired by the day.
Thank you!!! Saved me a job.

He was the best player on the park by a country mile.
I would love a player with his tenacity, grit and determination in our team right now!

Gogic hasn't been a top club for a reason, he's utter shite. Given a free rein by refs to kick lumps out of our players doesn't make him a good player.

Always been impressed with him whenever he’s played against us. Gets stuck in and never gives up. Not sure why you think it’s “unacceptable “ that the guy had a good game against us again though

His late clearance was brilliant.

Showed a real determination to bust a gut for his team.

Some should take note.

His late clearance was brilliant only because Lawrence fecked it up. He should have been going for the other side of the goal.

Garbage yet again, when we need goals.

Always been impressed with him whenever he’s played against us. Gets stuck in and never gives up. Not sure why you think it’s “unacceptable “ that the guy had a good game against us again though

I don't think you read the OP correctly.

He was saying a journeyman bossing our players is unacceptable.

Back