Going to the piggery with half a team injured

When was the last time we went there with anything approaching a full squad without at least one or two absolutely key players being out?

Genuine question.

If your entire set up plays into their hands, there’s only so much of a difference the other personnel would have made.
Correct. The strongest area of their team is the middle of the park and we insist on playing a two man midfield with a number 10 against their 3 man midfield.

Even if guys like Sima and Cortes are fit you need to have some sort of control of the midfield to bring them into the game.

We get steam rollered every time.

When was the last time we went there with anything approaching a full squad without at least one or two absolutely key players being out?

Genuine question.
I think under gio we went with a decent team, Lawrence only key player out and we were scudded 4-0

Went there today with so many players injured. And going dowm to 10 men. Different game if we can play a full team
Only if we match their intensity,you dont have to be a superstar to run your heart out,how many second balls did we win?How often did we close them down?
We let them stroll up to our penalty box without a challenge,I am sorry mate we were garbage even with 11 on the park.

Only if we match their intensity,you dont have to be a superstar to run your heart out,how many second balls did we win?How often did we close them down?
We let them stroll up to our penalty box without a challenge,I am sorry mate we were garbage even with 11 on the park.
I agree we let them play it was hard to watch the press was brutal but we didnt have the players to do it and even at that a thot we done well today concidering we were men down while they were at full strength

That was their best 11 today and they were hanging on against us with 10 men.

we'll never know but it would be great to one day have a fully fit squad to choose from when playing that filth.

Cortes, Sima, Ridvan, Goldson, Balogun and Danilo all out injured not saying we'd have definitely won but it would be nice to one day play them with everyone to choose from.

I agree it could have been a completely different season had we not had all the injuries. The question now is if the cause has been identified as clement has alluded to and that it will be put right.

Come on tae

This is the worst season I can ever remember for injuries and I've seen more than a few. We've lost almost every one of our top players for extended periods during this year. You can't possibly gloss over that fact
I’ve heard this said the last two seasons at Rangers as well.

Man United fans, Spurs fans, Chelsea fans - all banging on about the same thing.

A well coached team with motivated players gets through periods of injury crises and people don’t notice. Teams without that reach for this excuse.

I’ve heard this said the last two seasons at Rangers as well.

Man United fans, Spurs fans, Chelsea fans - all banging on about the same thing.

A well coached team with motivated players gets through periods of injury crises and people don’t notice. Teams without that reach for this excuse.
If your well motivated players aren't as good as your injured players you are going to struggle

Its like saying Sima Danilo and Cortes would have been as poor as Silva Dessers and Sterling were today

Went there today with so many players injured. And going dowm to 10 men. Different game if we can play a full team

Stop signing loan players, stop signing English Championship plodders teams want rid of, stop signing injury prone players .

Stop throwing the towel in with poor mentality

Injuries make little difference we are not a good team

Players out there could even do the basics today. Whether that is mentality or they are not good enough . They need replaced.

You dont think if we had a full team to pick from?

Sima was the only player who was a certain starter who was really missing though, (unless you want Goldson?) The other missing players like Danilo & Cortes are unknown entities.

Stop signing loan players, stop signing English Championship plodders teams want rid of, stop signing injury prone players .

Stop throwing the towel in with poor mentality

Injuries make little difference we are not a good team

Players out there could even do the basics today. Whether that is mentality or they are not good enough . They need replaced.
Correct

It would mate!!

Guys like Sima, Danilo, Cortes, Yilmaz etc make us better, without question.
Sima, yes.
Danilo? Big question mark at this point.
Cortes? Can’t say with any great certainty. Looked promising, but only featured in about four or five games.
Yilmaz? Well, he’s looked increasingly better than a noticeably declining Barisic, but that’s not the highest of bars to improve upon right now.

If all four were fit and playing today would it have been a completely different game?
I have my doubts.

Sima, yes.
Danilo? Big question mark at this point.
Cortes? Can’t say with any great certainty. Looked promising, but only featured in about four or five games.
Yilmaz? Well, he’s looked increasingly better than a noticeably declining Barisic, but that’s not the highest of bars to improve upon right now.

If all four were fit and playing today would it have been a completely different game?
I have my doubts.
Yilmaz was best player for us for a period, before he got injured, the rest are also good players as you know and would make a difference.

Goldson, Ridvan, Sima Cortes and Danilo would almost certainly have started if fully fit tiday
Ridvan should have started, so doesn’t count.. Goldson had been dropped (and we were all happy about that). Cortes & Danilo are unknown quantities because they hardly played so are in no way “certain starters” Sima is the only difference to that starting lineup you can honestly say was missing due to injury.

I will concede that the bench would have had more depth though, but I unfortunately don’t think the injury excuse is as much of a thing as you’d like it to be.

Went there with Andy Dibblle in goals and Craig Moore in midfield and won , your apparent flair player in Laudrup rumped their hard man over the line to make sure Durrant’s lob went in

Having a fully fit Ridvan,Goldson, Balogun, Jack, Cortes,Sima, Matondo or Danilo wouldn't have made a difference?

Not claiming any of them are world beaters, but to suggest having 3 or 4 of those available today wouldn't have made any difference is retarded at best
To use the word retarded in any reply is absolutely disgusting.

Lesser teams have beat them this season. The starting XI today should still be good enough to find a way to win. The same goes for the last match at home.

Back