Goldson out for rest of season

Whatever views are of Goldson’s form this is a huge blow.

Not only are we right at the bare bones at the centre back now, but this may well have shafted our entire strategy for the summer transfer window if the rumours are true of us moving him on.

We don't half fucking pick up some amount of bad injuries.
That'll prob put paid to any chance of moving him on as well in the summer as he'll still be recovering from the injury.

Reactions: VGM
The managers coded message about knowing why we are getting so many injuried players is something that’s of great interest to me. Why can’t he inform us? It’s not as if it’ll will stop any further injuries or help our opponents.

Is it the training pitch that is adding to our problems?
I'm beginning to think that's what it is. We've had more injuries in training than in games. Clement said they knew what was causing it but there was nothing they could do about it just now.

Its not just this season. It's been multiple seasons. It seems to be getting worse though.

I don't think he was getting sold unfortunately Clement said last week he was a big part of his plans for next season and today he said he will be back for pre season. Him and Tav will be seeing off another manager
Clement was being diplomatic given that he would probably need to use him again at some point. He was hardly going to say ‘Goldson is way overrated, he’s finally getting punted in the summer to whatever saps will take him’.

Multiple posts deleted that are suggesting a Rangers player is feigning injury.
There are rules in here about "mindless abuse" of Rangers players. These baseless posts fall into that category. We get Goldson isn't popular with many. But there's a line not to cross. Debate his football ability all you like.
I don't like banning folk just because my name in here is now in red. But that's what will end up happening either from me or another Admin.

I actually can’t believe some of the comments on here. The guy has just had a season ending injury. He’s one of our own and this is the way we chat about him. We are awful for turning on our own. I’d much rather have Goldson available for the run in than not have him. Even if he was on the bench. This is terrible news.
You are 100% correct. I read or hear some of these comments and think f#ck spending any time in their company. Rangers fans or not.

%^*& sake no chance we're punting him to saudi in the summer then which was probably looking like the best option for all parties

There are several pitches at the training ground. The first team continue to play on the same one.

Surely if there was a problem with the training pitch they would at least have moved pitches ??

I'm not sure it's the pitch, but either way this whole injury thing needs urgently addressed as a priority.

Multiple posts deleted that are suggesting a Rangers player is feigning injury.
There are rules in here about "mindless abuse" of Rangers players. These baseless posts fall into that category. We get Goldson isn't popular with many. But there's a line not to cross. Debate his football ability all you like.
I don't like banning folk just because my name in here is now in red. But that's what will end up happening either from me or another Admin.

Ah, the Kenny Miller of the Bear Pit. :D

(I jest - before the ban hammer falls) :)

I don't think he was getting sold unfortunately Clement said last week he was a big part of his plans for next season and today he said he will be back for pre season. Him and Tav will be seeing off another manager

He has also previously said Lundstram was someone he wanted to keep and it looks like he's after a new club. I don't believe for a second Clement sees these guys here next season as anything other than backup. But none of us know for sure.

Our injury record beggars belief. Knocks and strains all part of a footballer's career but the amount of longer term injuries is staggering. I don't think for one second anyone is deliberately feigning injury but you cant blame fans paying a lot of money for raising concerns.

Don't see him playing for Rangers again. Will be sold in the summer

Who is taking an injured 31 year old's very expensive contract off our hands ?

Goldson's one strength was his durability. That's been blown to bits in the last 18 months. That's now three major injuries since October 2022.

I don't see how we shift him now. It was always a big ask this summer but I think there's no chance now.

As long as the best CB at the club, Balogun, and the second best, Souttar, can somehow avoid injury – and therein lies the problem – we’ll be fine.

We could also use Davies not getting injured with a view to resting Balogun at some point.

Only saving grace is we don’t have that many midweek games , is it 1 until the end of the season?

With that you’d imagine Balogun will be fine and stay injury free

Souter right side where he is better anyway, Balogun/ Davies left and cross fingers for the last few games.

The comments on socials on the club’s post of PCs interview are shameful. We have some complete rockets in our support.

Thinking a guy can fake a serious knee injury is batshit crazy. There’s a huge element, mainly of our younger support, that have stinkin attitudes to any news connected to the club. Utter embarrassment

The comments on socials on the club’s post of PCs interview are shameful. We have some complete rockets in our support.

Thinking a guy can fake a serious knee injury is batshit crazy. There’s a huge element, mainly of our younger support, that have stinkin attitudes to any news connected to the club. Utter embarrassment
The Dr's examining the scans would need to be in on it too.

Nobody with a functioning human brain genuinely believes he's faking it so you need to wonder what their motivation for posting it is.

Manager says a duel took place and a player fell on CGs knee in that joust no suggestion it was surface related in that is there ?

Many aren’t actually fans.

Posting about the club on social media seems to pass as support when many couldn’t find Ibrox on a map of Glasgow. There’s a reason you don’t hear most of the batshit opinions when you’re at games!

The Dr's examining the scans would need to be in on it too.

Nobody with a functioning human brain genuinely believes he's faking it so you need to wonder what their motivation for posting it is.
People get carried away ye it is strange timing but medical evidence is absolute on this one according to the manager I guess under the instruction of consultants .

Unusual circumstances allow people’s thoughts to run wild

This is all heading towards a Ben Davies come back and another arse collapsing performance at parkhead isnt it?
Ben scoring the winner at Parkhead and Hampden

Much more seriously let’s hope he is properly in condition and stays that way for one of the longest periods in his Ibrox career we need him and the others to be real Rangers players and stay strong

Just said the exact same on Twitter.

The idea that, Connor Goldson, who has previously played through injuries for us and has repeatedly spoke of his desire to play every week after losing years of his career to a life threating heart condition, is faking a long term injury during a title race because he has been dropped, is absolutely mental. Do they think the manager and the medical team are in on it as well, and have manufactured a fake scan to cover up the conspiracy?

The treatment of Goldson, by a small but loud minority of our fans on social media is absolutely disgusting. Yes his form has been poor and perhaps he should move on, but no Rangers players should be treated this way, especially one who has contributed as much as CG.

I genuinely have more contempt for these types of "supporters'" than I do for that mob.

Whatever views are of Goldson’s form this is a huge blow.

Not only are we right at the bare bones at the centre back now, but this may well have shafted our entire strategy for the summer transfer window if the rumours are true of us moving him on.
Think you're over playing it slightly mate. PC says he'll be fit for pre-season training and I very much doubt our entire summer transfer strategy surrounds Connor Goldson.

Just said the exact same on Twitter.

The idea that, Connor Goldson, who has previously played through injuries for us and has repeatedly spoke of his desire to play every week after losing years of his career to a life threating heart condition, is faking a long term injury during a title race because he has been dropped, is absolutely mental. Do they think the manager and the medical team are in on it as well, and have manufactured a fake scan to cover up the conspiracy?

The treatment of Goldson, by a small but loud minority of our fans on social media is absolutely disgusting. Yes his form has been poor and perhaps he should move on, but no Rangers players should be treated this way, especially one who has contributed as much as CG.

I genuinely have more contempt for these types of "supporters'" than I do for that mob.
One word - toiletlickers.

Shame for the big man in what has been a tough personal season for him. He's clearly struggling and this is just an extra boot to the stones. Also, not great for us in terms of experience and options for the remaining games, or being able to potentially get a fee in the Summer had there been any truth in the Gerrard stuff for example.

Back