Goldson out for rest of season

The managers coded message about knowing why we are getting so many injuried players is something that’s of great interest to me. Why can’t he inform us? It’s not as if it’ll will stop any further injuries or help our opponents.
Think we can take the Goldson injury out of the suggestions of training pitch issues I've seen posted. His injury was as a result of another player landing on top of his knee after a challenge for the ball.

Who is taking an injured 31 year old's very expensive contract off our hands ?

Goldson's one strength was his durability. That's been blown to bits in the last 18 months. That's now three major injuries since October 2022.

I don't see how we shift him now. It was always a big ask this summer but I think there's no chance now.
Yep, realistically we’re stuck with him.

I think Goldson's finished and overdue getting moved out of the club, but to accuse him of faking this injury is absolute nonsense. Genuine moonhowling drivel.

He's down the pecking order for me but it's still a loss of yet another player you'd expect to see plenty of minutes before the end of the season.

So we're left with Balogun and Souttar as our fit centre-halves, thrilling what with their famous durability, as well as wherever the elusive Ben Davies might be.

Injuries have devastated our season even worse than the last few years. There's clearly a few things contributing - if it was one factor it would have surely been resolved by now. Recruitment, medical staff, training set-up, pre-season work - it all needs properly looked at.

This is all heading towards a Ben Davies come back and another arse collapsing performance at parkhead isnt it?
I’m lost with where we are at with Davies. Played 90 minutes in majority of the European games and nowhere to be seen outwith this. Last time he pulled the jersey on was 90 minutes vs Betis away.

Injured/personal issues/shite do we know the truth? I can’t see how personal issues or being rotten sees him being able to play in Europe but not in the league, likewise injury.

Think we can take the Goldson injury out of the suggestions of training pitch issues I've seen posted. His injury was as a result of another player landing on top of his knee after a challenge for the ball.
Thanks, injuries does seem to be an inherent problem with our team but freak incidents like the one you quoted can’t be helped.

time to defrost Ben Davies in case he is needed. Anyone seen much of Leon King this season to know if he is up to the task if called upon?

Bloody hell.

Listened to all Rangers stuff on Heart and Hand so shoved in Rangers review there in way home from work. Were discussing will Goldson play again this season. Then in the house tho this.

Not great news this at all.

I doubt he’d have played another game this season anyway, injuries aside.

The real issue is moving him on in the summer now, hopefully he’s back by then and someone wants him.

He’s woeful.

Genuinely looks lost.

£25k ish a week. Mental.
He’s been a very poor use of our resources and we do need better (we actually need better than all of our centre halves), but at least we have options.

It’s not complete doom and gloom.

Our injury problems long predate the GVB/Beale era.

I just don't believe in 'bad luck' being used to explain everything.
If it predates several different managers, sets of coaching staff etc, then what do you think it could be if it also isn’t bad luck?

I think Goldson's finished and overdue getting moved out of the club, but to accuse him of faking this injury is absolute nonsense. Genuine moonhowling drivel.

He's down the pecking order for me but it's still a loss of yet another player you'd expect to see plenty of minutes before the end of the season.

So we're left with Balogun and Souttar as our fit centre-halves, thrilling what with their famous durability, as well as wherever the elusive Ben Davies might be.

Injuries have devastated our season even worse than the last few years. There's clearly a few things contributing - if it was one factor it would have surely been resolved by now. Recruitment, medical staff, training set-up, pre-season work - it all needs properly looked at.
I don't think you can fake ligament damage.

There are several pitches at the training ground. The first team continue to play on the same one.

Surely if there was a problem with the training pitch they would at least have moved pitches ??

I'm not sure it's the pitch, but either way this whole injury thing needs urgently addressed as a priority.

Somebody fell on him

Hopefully not like the Oliver Khan / Mols one.

Back