Goldson out for rest of season

I wouldnt say that, its early May.
Clement says he will be back for pre season.
Any operation will be carried out very soon no doubt.

Centre halfs are a big problem, Davies and King likely need to leave before Goldson.
The thing is, I'm not so sure we should be banking on Clement's timescales as such.

He's said on previous occassions that player x will be back in, say, 2 weeks and it then turns out to be a lot more than that. Yilmaz as just one example.

For me there is no guarantee that Goldson will be back when Clement says he will.

He’s had a dip in form this last couple of months might just have been the injury taking its toll.

They all from Greenock?

You do know it’s impossible for 12 or more players to have started more than half the games?

I’d suspect if you looked around Europe it’d be similar numbers.
It’s not really but go ahead and show me your probability skills. I’m all ears. And I said half or more, not more, that’s an important distinction. Even looking at the Athletic list -

Sterling doesn’t start vs Celtic at Ibrox and we don’t go three at the back vs St Mirren - Yilmaz starts both of them , he’s nine
We don’t go three at the back vs Livingston and Barisic starts, he’s ten
McCausland takes four of Scott Wrights starts, eleven
Raskin takes seven of Lundstrams starts, twelve
Goldson gives up six starts to Balogun, thirteen
Etc, etc.

There are seven players with additional games that could go to players to bring them closer. There are also other players with less than half appearances that could give games to other players to get them there. The number of permutations is huge, even restricting by position.

The point of the original thread is the effect of injuries on the squad. It’s affected the managers stated opinion that we need to rotate the squad. We’ve given League starts to twenty eight players. I think with fewer injuries the rotation is in a smaller group of players and we have more capable players coming in. And we don’t break down some players by playing them every game.

As much as I have criticized his form lately, there is absolutely zero chance Connor is faking an injury. He has integrity and is an honest big lad. He gives everything for the club of that I have no doubt!

People making ridiculous claims would be better staying away from our club, we don’t need ‘fans’ like that.

I wish him a speedy recovery and the best of British.

As much as I have criticized his form lately, there is absolutely zero chance Connor is faking an injury. He has integrity and is an honest big lad. He gives everything for the club of that I have no doubt!

People making ridiculous claims would be better staying away from our club, we don’t need ‘fans’ like that.

I wish him a speedy recovery and the best of British.
Course he isn’t faking it.
He was seen yesterday in full moon boot going for the scan.

This is a shocker. As much as he had dipped massively in form, I was hoping the much needed rest would have had him fresh for the run in alongside Balogun.

It'll be Souttar and Balogun then with Davies and Yfeko as backup. Hoping Ridvan is back because the imbalance in our defence has hurt us the most.

No he didn't. He said Goldson could play a role next season but that doesn't mean anything. He has a contract for another 2 years so he's always going to say that, regardless if it's true or not. If someone came in with an offer we'd have sold him.
He said he expects both Tav and Goldson to be here next year when asked directly a week or two ago.

He said he expects both Tav and Goldson to be here next year when asked directly a week or two ago.
As far as I know he said Goldson has a role to play this season and next's. Which is normal when your player is still under contract, if he said he'd hoped Goldson is gone next season then how would that look ?

We need as many players for the final push but he needed a rest anyways as form wasn’t good.

See what happens in the summer but can’t see him getting a move with that injury.

We need replacements in the summer.

At least it's the medial and not the other side. As long as there's no surgery it doesnt take to long to heal. Good bit of rehab needed mind you as the strength goes rapidly during the rest period.
He should be back fit and hopefully still sellable in the summer transfer window.

The thing is, I'm not so sure we should be banking on Clement's timescales as such.

He's said on previous occassions that player x will be back in, say, 2 weeks and it then turns out to be a lot more than that. Yilmaz as just one example.

For me there is no guarantee that Goldson will be back when Clement says he will.
To be fair, it will be the medical staff who give him the timescales.
I'm not privvy to how they operate but there may be an argument to suggest we need to either overhaul or strengthen that department.

there is the possibility that the shambolic pre-season has left our players vulnerable to injuries
That's certainly been implied a number of times, including by big Phil himself.

Still for the life of me can't work out what the %^*& Beale's strategy was pre-season; lack of core fitness work, neglecting wide players while stockpiling central strikers.

Goldson out for the season alongside the news regarding Cortes, Sima and Matondo probably does for us.

Don’t get me wrong, I think it was already done after the Dundee/Ross County debacles, but the injuries will seal the deal.

Those dropped points look even dafter now.

I absolutely love getting results when our backs are against a wall with depleted squads and suchlike.

Whether this current lot can get results is another matter .

Goldson out for the season alongside the news regarding Cortes, Sima and Matondo probably does for us.

Don’t get me wrong, I think it was already done after the Dundee/Ross County debacles, but the injuries will seal the deal.

Those dropped points look even dafter now.
He must have been feeling the medial ligaments while playing before the injury in training.

If he was feeling it then shouldnt have been playing which was evident. Reminds me when Morelos played with injury and it made it worse.

Fair play if it happened in training but his form was honking anyways.

If we do lose him I won’t be bothered to be honest, replaced.

Agreed, depends really if an operation is needed.
I think Goldson will now pick up injuries a lot and we will not get the same amount of games per season out of him.
Another 2 years is a long time with his wage, i think he will go soon or be released in a year with no transfer fee in order for him maybe to get a new deal somewhere and get him off the wage bill.

No doubt Balogun or Souttar will pick up an injury between now and the end of the season and we’ll see Lundstram at CB. Ben Davies, who?

Sick of the likes of Jack and Ridvan never being available.

Some folk in this thread are absolute comedy fuel for the mentally challenged across the city with some of their pish in here.

Anyone who thinks Goldson “injured his own knee” or is “faking” a medial ligament tear days after getting the John Greig achievement award, needs sectioned.
Some of our so called supporters are mental, every club has them I suppose but we seem to have way more than our fair share.

Wonder if going this many seasons without rotating Connor has caught up with his body.

He’s been a good servant to us but before injury he was running in slow motion and couldn’t header a ball.

A spell out the team injured may be what’s needed to drop him as his form was poor.

I think on the right side we need a new partnership. Maybe Sterling and a new CB to play alongside together, we need a change.

See what the summer brings and takes.

All the best to Connor.

Can Leon Balogun play every game these days? There used to be an issue.

I don’t want to jinx him but he’s never been able to do it in the past. Would be some effort if he’s able to remain fit for all the remaining games.

Back