Gordan Petrić

He never let us down ? Don’t know if you remember the scum reserve game at Ibrox when we had 30k at it. Him and two other players were ripped to shreads by Walter after the game and told they wouldn’t play for Rangers again. The three of them left at the end of that season. Patric was the only one who got one more game near the end of the season as Walter was forced to play him due to injuries.

Can’t remember that, what happened during the game?

Started the 8iar season with the 3 centre backs being McLaren,Gough,Petric.He lost his place to John Brown towards the end of the season.

TBF it was due to injury. He had an infected elbow after Goram's teeth ended up embedded in it during the semi final with the Tims.

He never let us down ? Don’t know if you remember the scum reserve game at Ibrox when we had 30k at it. Him and two other players were ripped to shreads by Walter after the game and told they wouldn’t play for Rangers again. The three of them left at the end of that season. Patric was the only one who got one more game near the end of the season as Walter was forced to play him due to injuries.
Who were the other 2 mate?

TBF it was due to injury. He had an infected elbow after Goram's teeth ended up embedded in it during the semi final with the Tims.
Funnily enough I was listening to the podcast during the week and they were talking about Petric and the gangrene arm:D:eek: in the 3-1 Gazza hat tick time hop pod.

Can't remember, I think we got him on a Bosman, but don't quote me.

Thought he was a top class find and an absolute stand out at Tannadice and wanted him at Ibrox.

But his languid, sometimes, too easy-oasy style never really caught on.

In summary, I don't think he was the type of player who could really handle the pressure cooker that was Rangers and the demands required.
Great post and the word 'languid' is a perfect description of the player.

Who were the other 2 mate?

Teams that day

Us : Niemi - Wright, Bollan, Petric, Vidmar - Gattuso, Durrant, B Ferguson, McCall, Albertz - Johansson

Them : McCondichie - McDonald, Vaugh, Convery, Morrison - Lyttle, Smith, McBride, Crossley - Burchill, Anthony.

Tims ended up with 9 men. One sent off in the first half, the other with about 20 minutes left.

It's criminal we drew that game 1-1.

Teams that day

Us : Niemi - Wright, Bollan, Petric, Vidmar - Gattuso, Durrant, B Ferguson, McCall, Albertz - Johansson

Them : McCondichie - McDonald, Vaugh, Convery, Morrison - Lyttle, Smith, McBride, Crossley - Burchill, Anthony.

Tims ended up with 9 men. One sent off in the first half, the other with about 20 minutes left.

It's criminal we drew that game 1-1.
I'm guessing Wright & Bollan then..:D.Im actually surprised Bollan made it to the 10IAR season with us!:eek:

I'm guessing Wright & Bollan then..:D.Im actually surprised Bollan made it to the 10IAR season with us!:eek:

Can only assume so. Then again Petric played more than once and got a run in the team that season before being injured in the semi final against them at the Piggery. Enter Amoruso...

Back