Haaland apparently hasn’t travelled with the Dortmund team

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m Not wrong but. Had we been comfortable and clear in the league like we should be, maybe my feelings would be different.

I simply cannot accept beating teams like Dortmund then failing to win away from home in the league. Our away league form has been shocking of late.

League is more important given what’s at stake.
That's a ludicrous take. So European football can only be enjoyed if we are 10+ points clear in the SPFL?

Football isn't meant to be easy. We're in a title race. It's not all listening to meltdowns on Clyde 1 laughing at that lot.

This is an enormous game for the club. It shouldn't be deemed of lower importance because you're in a huff.

I’m Not wrong but. Had we been comfortable and clear in the league like we should be, maybe my feelings would be different.

I simply cannot accept beating teams like Dortmund then failing to win away from home in the league. Our away league form has been shocking of late.

Whilst I agree it's frustrating dropping points at the weekend in a game we should have won I find it hard to believe anyone wants us to go out tomorrow night after such a great result last week.

Whilst I agree it's frustrating dropping points at the weekend in a game we should have won I find it hard to believe anyone wants us to go out tomorrow night after such a great result last week.
I don’t want us to go out mate. Just see it out and move on to the weekend, which is vital.

I hear what you are saying but the Europa cup winners go straight into champions league next season with this in mind - we have only 4 teams standing in our way from the champions league stages should we finish the job tomorrow

I hear what you are saying but the Europa cup winners go straight into champions league next season with this in mind - we have only 4 teams standing in our way from the champions league stages should we finish the job tomorrow
I get that, Dortmund were the faves for the whole thing last week, but even going through still leaves us to face up to some class sides.

The league remains the best and most realistic chance of guaranteed UCL. To lose out to that poor Celtic side? unthinkable. We need to see them start dropping soon also.

Haaland’s presence would have been a distraction with defenders concentrating on him, neglecting other dangers. Delighted his absence is confirmed.

I don't agree. There's attractive revenues to be made from this competition that we're currently in.

It's just a parochial mentality. If we do get into the CL proper you'll have folk wanting players rested for Man City at Ibrox because we're away at St Johnstone on the Sunday.
There's no easy answer, there's multiple factors at play and everyone weighs these differently.

For me, to secure the clubs future and to pay for the Summer rebuild it's a non-negotiable; we need to win the league. Winning the EL, although possible is unrealistic.

Good news for us.

Plenty of other threats in the team obviously but that certainly boosts our chances of progressing.

Let them start worrying about us
All this 5hiting our pants if Haaland is playing
Turn it around and ran it down their throats that they are playing against a giant!
Ask their journalists “what’s Dortmund’s biggest crowd?”
80,000? You say
Well this is Ibrox and we’re 118,000
“you’re quite small in comparison”
And our 51,000 will sound like that.
Tell them we’ve beaten more German clubs at Ibrox than we’ve been beaten in Germany
Remind them of their last vusit
Remind them of Stuttgart, Leverkusen, Bremen.

We have beaten all of their tops sides except Shalke 04. We have beaten BvvB, Munich, Moenchengladbach, Stuttgart and Werder Bremen.

Important we get the first goal. Sit back and we will suffer. Free hit, no nerves and go toe to toe with them like last week. Should be a cracker with Ibrox bouncing.

That's such a tinpoint attitude.

These games are few and far between yet Motherwell at Ibrox is more important?

It's ironic that a lot on here refer to Scottish football as a backwater, maybe this attitude is part of the problem.

I don't get it either, 3 points in February is absolutely nothing.

The way we have been playing since the Celtic game shows something has clicked with the players and management team and the league campaign is far, far from over.

When we beat Braga over 2 legs it was the exception for the team at that time as we were 8/10 points behind and playing really poorly. Even drawing Leverkusen was bitter sweet as all the focus was on trying to claw back points on Celtic and Leverkusen was almost a distraction.

Tomorrow is totally different. We have a chance to put out Borussia Dortmund and still have the league in our own hands.

Tomorrow is massive.

Good news if true, makes it a slightly easier night for us.
I’m upset ton two accounts by that news as I would have loved to see him live under the lights playing against us and it would have shut a few up who say that they’re a depleted team and that’s why we beat them

They'll be a few on here gutted at this news which is totally bizarre.

C'mon Rangers get this tie finished off tomorrow night.

As somebody said if we go toe to toe with them we can more than match them sit back trying to defend our lead and we'll get smashed Haaland missing or not, absolutely buzzing for tomorrow night.

Dortmund probably feel they have a chance of winning their league this year and if it was us I would not be sending Alfie over Germany or any other key player who is on the road back to fitness when the chances are your out

European football always has to be treated in isolation, the Braga tie was sandwiched in between some poor domestic results and it was one of the best away trips I've been to.

Hopefully we keep our cool and progress on Thursday!

Hopefully blunts their attack enough for us to make it through I think they'll score at least a couple but I fancy us to score against their defence
If Shagger would come for crosses and would not stand so far off his line so that curling shots into the top corner leaves him rooted to the ground then I wouldn't be so nervous about tomorrow night.

It’s better for us he’s not playing but state the obvious: they are still a quality side and more then capable of doing to us what we did to them.

We aren’t good enough defensively to sit back and try and soak up pressure, they’re too good. We will have to try and get on the front foot and impose ourselves onto them the same way we could last week - but let’s not underestimate how hard a job that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back