Hagi did well today - wanted to say that after the stick given the last couple of games.

Playing in what his clearly his natural position, Ianis Hagi had a good game today.
Like many others I have given him a lot of stick over the last couple of matches where he has looked well off the pace.
However, in a central midfield position today he looked much more assured and was both a vital part of the team defensively and in the attacking third
I just wanted to put a bit of balance in given that he has been rightly criticized previously so should now get the praise when he plays well.
I think there’s a bit of turd polishing here but he seemed a six out of ten on my link.

We’re approaching the point where I’m just hoping that Hagi isn’t Gio’s blind spot.

Hagi can consider himself very lucky with the amount of game time he's had the last while. He's been off form for weeks now.
The likes of Bacuna would never, and hasn't had a decent run in the team, if he was putting in similar performances.

Having said that, I do hope he can find form again, but it has to happen quick.

That’s just hyperbole.
If you haven’t recognised that he’s a decent player struggling with his form, you’re not watching.
He’ll come good again just like most quality players come good after a dodgy spell.
Jeez. It was a piss poor St Mirren yesterday, no crowd getting on his back and he was still poor.We have zero capacity for passengers and it’s not a popularity contest either. He’s had plenty of time and opportunities to deliver and consistently comes up short. You must see this surely?

Not sure how anyone with eyes that are not painted on could post this thread today.

Needs to do so much better, and you can't say Gio is not giving him a chance, he's practically started every game.

If he still has some sort of reputation in mainland Europe I wouldn't be against cashing in on him and getting a replacement.
Totally agree. I really like his attitude and he wants to make things happen, but far too inconsistent and not quick enough for the time he gets on the ball up here.

Jeez. It was a piss poor St Mirren yesterday, no crowd getting on his back and he was still poor.We have zero capacity for passengers and it’s not a popularity contest either. He’s had plenty of time and opportunities to deliver and consistently comes up short. You must see this surely?
Like I posted earlier, I think he’s a good player who is out of form just now.
One way of getting players back to form is to play them through it.
Maybe this is what GvB is doing.
I don’t believe the manager is playing a player because he likes him on a personal level.

After the break hopefully he'll get his run of his favoured position and then a fair judgement can be made. His positioning in the box is fantastic needs the rub of the green and plus Alfredo took those positions Yesterday as well

Hagi is definitely our "marmite" player.
Some folk have made their mind up he's shite and just can't bring themselves to give him credit when he gives a great assist or creates something out of the ordinary.
Having said that I don't think he was anywhere near his best today.
I don't think he has many assists or goals this season tbh

Hagi is definitely our "marmite" player.
Some folk have made their mind up he's shite and just can't bring themselves to give him credit when he gives a great assist or creates something out of the ordinary.
Having said that I don't think he was anywhere near his best today.
He’s had 1 assist this season cant remember if it was great or not

As I said in threads months ago, Hagi was bought with the potential as a blue chip player, if anything since gio has arrived his development has went backwards. I’m struggling to see a top quality player in him I’m afraid .if we could get our money back I’d take it .

I watched Hagi closely yesterday as ive been critical of him lately as i think he’s a weak link in our team. He offered zero against an average St mirren team there was no bit of magic no great passes or shots at goal. He’s there to create and be an attacking threat he done neither. Even his pressing in the final 3rd resulted in a foul 4 or 5 times. He’s clumsy and i would need to go away back to last season to find a moment of quality from him. Ive said before he gets a much easier ride on here due to his name. Would any of you start him against Celtic?

1 league goal, 0 assists.

1 EL goal, 1 assist.

Yet others like Wright, Bacuna & Sakala get dogs abuse for coming off the bench for 30 mins and not doing anything.

Hagi has started most games. So poor.
Should be time that he’s behind all 3 of those in the pecking order. Bacuna can count himself very unlucky. Pretty sure if he was given the run of games hagi has been given recently he’d show a lot more than him.

He never hides, I'll say that for him. But if is dad was a George Harris and not Gheorghe Hagi he wouldn't be getting such an easy time of it.

Those who say if we get offered £10 million for hagi we should accept… who in their right mind would offer that for him? You’re probably looking at around £4-6 million, more likely closer to £4 million.

Hagi vs Aribo stats yesterday

Hagi

2nd lowest pass accuracy in the team yesterday.

Gave away most fouls in squad

29 passes - key passes 1

37 touches ( lowest of any starter )

Aribo

76 passes - 4 key passes

93.4% pass accuracy

89 touches

Hagi might develop into a decent player but it won't be with us as I think he will be sold if we receive any decent offer .

He was our worst player today by a mile and on that form shouldn't be near the team!

He has 1 league goal and still not a single assist in the league.

Absolutely awful stats this season at least last season he was scoring and assisting.

The op started this thread which looking at the replies i'd say the vast majority dont agree with, it's a fans forum to discuss things and there will be differences of opinion. If someone says so and so had a good game and you dont agree you're not whipping them.
Correct, the squad must be bewildered why he's a first pick.

The op started this thread which looking at the replies i'd say the vast majority dont agree with, it's a fans forum to discuss things and there will be differences of opinion. If someone says so and so had a good game and you dont agree you're not whipping them.
As the OP I have no issue whatsoever with people having a different opinion from me.
On reflection, using the term ‘did well’ was probably overstating it and ‘did OK’ would have been more accurate about Hagi.
However, I completely accept that many thought he was the worst player on the pitch yesterday.

It’s worth pointing out he still has a goal and an assist more than Kent this season who largely escapes criticism. Hagi really has to improve but it’s important to remember that he has generally posted very high assist numbers compared to others and even in a poor season so far still has more to his name than some other regulars.

FF sure has locked onto it's latest whipping boy. Utterly depressing.
You’re easily depressed!

His lack of a first touch, wayward passing and lack of athleticism frustrates me…As does the fact that he’s keeping better players out of the starting eleven.

Likeable lad, honest trier who very occasionally pulls a rabbit out of the hat. Unfortunately he most often flatters to deceive…he was ok last season when the team was playing at its optimum level and made some decent cameos in contributing to our success.

You’re easily depressed!

His lack of a first touch, wayward passing and lack of athleticism frustrates me…As does the fact that he’s keeping better players out of the starting eleven.

Likeable lad, honest trier who very occasionally pulls a rabbit out of the hat. Unfortunately he most often flatters to deceive…he was ok last season when the team was playing at its optimum level and made some decent cameos in contributing to our success.
What better players is he keeping out of the first team? He's a very good player having a bad run of form. He won us plenty of games with important goals and assists last season.
People acting like he's never had a good game for us on here in recent weeks. We always need to have someone that gets slaughtered after every game and it really is depressing, why not just support him through a poor period? Not like he doesn't work his balls off trying to get himself back into form.

Back