Harry Kane.

Don't think him being subbed off is to blame for Neur fluffing his lines or the defence leaving Joselu unmarked in injury time.

Bad decision in hindsight, but not the difference tonight.

Taking the piss surely ? Golden boot in World Cup
Goal that took England to the euros final
Broke every record there is to break got to be fishing
Why? He scored one knockout goal which was a penalty against Colombia. Pretty sure the rest were made up of group stage goals against the Virgin Islands or something. He missed an open goal in the semi too against the Croats. I don’t think scoring penalties in big games against Denmark or whomever is something iconic that’ll be ooh’d and ahh’d over in years, but obviously if that’s how you see it that’s cool.

Last edited:
Clearly a world class striker but I would find it very funny if he went his whole career winning nothing. Won't happen though as Bayern will bounce back next season

Kane’s done his part this season and he’ll win something soon. The real joke when it comes to Bayern Munich this season is Tuchel. When was the last time Bayern had a trophyless season? His reputation should be taking a hit but instead people think he’s the man to rebuild Man United. One of the most overrated coaches going right now.
I can’t believe he made those substitutions and they couldn’t see out what would have been about 7 minutes of run the clock down football.

That break they had when Müller sent the ball forward and the strikers all ended up with the ball under their feet.. score that and it’s over with less than 5 minutes to go.

Always found the dislike bizarre. Proper football man, and has been a credit to himself/family since coming to Germany
I doubt anyone actually dislikes him. He seems like a decent guy and is obviously a very good player.

He stayed at Tottenham for too long though and it's a wee bit funny that he went to a club that has won something every season, only for them to win nothing when he appears.

While he is a very good striker. He isn't world class. A world class striker finishes that chance at one nil last night.

Reactions: TQ3
I'm sure his many millions in the bank will soften the blow of empty trophy cabinets.

He showed a lot of loyalty to Tottenham for a long time. They don't often win anything. It's hardly surprising.

It's not one man's fault a team doesn't win trophies.

Another season with zero (0, nil, nada zerl) trophies.

Understandable with rubbish, fraudulent teams like Spurs and England, but Bayern Munich?! Who did he piss off to be cursed like this?
I certainly wouldn’t say he was cursed. He lives a life 99% or the population could only dream of.

People going on about that chance like it was a sitter. Weaker foot, slight angle, being closed down. You'd still maybe expect a better finish from him but it was hardly a sitter. Let's not forget about the worldie ball he played out to Davies for their goal. I think he's top drawer and has just had rank bad luck to not have his ability and contribution backed up with trophies.

Crazy, crazy call to have him subbed last night at such a delicate stage of the game. Especially with Sane and Musiala off as well. Left Bayern wit fk all to respond with after they conceded twice. They (especially that birdbrain managed) got what they deserved. Feel for Kane though.

I doubt anyone actually dislikes him. He seems like a decent guy and is obviously a very good player.

He stayed at Tottenham for too long though and it's a wee bit funny that he went to a club that has won something every season, only for them to win nothing when he appears.

While he is a very good striker. He isn't world class. A world class striker finishes that chance at one nil last night.
I’d say every world class striker has missed sitters etc.

Understandable with rubbish, fraudulent teams like Spurs and England, but Bayern Munich?! Who did he piss off to be cursed like this?
With an old firm double header on the horizon and given this seasons events then throw in the last 12 years i often ask myself that question.

I get the impression that some believe the very top strikers don’t miss chances.
Or even “sitters”.
Or even “never miss the big chances”.
They all do, every one of them.
They just score a lot more of them.

If the England team are frauds what does that make the Scotland team?

It is hard to argue with that, it’s the only area I can criticise on. Croatia semi miss, penalty v France and that last night are ones he has to score at the end of the day.

Absolutely staggered they brought him off last night, just crazy.

Of course he is world class and if he isn’t then who is because he is probably the best CF in the world?

He's certainly playing his part with his goals but it is quite funny that he just seems destined to win nothing. Must be really frustrating for him.

I am sure Bayern will re-boot for next season so a medal will come his way before too long.

I'm not sure why some people seem to revel in him not getting a trophy? Absolutely brilliant player and seems a really sound fella too, it will come though.
People like the Op are just bitter anti English, he’ll be at it all through the Euros as well.
Harry Kane is a great role model for younger kids and is a fantastic player.

Harry Kane is quite obviously world class.

They haven't been shite. Leverkusen have just had an absolute freak season that probably will never happen again. It's a strong league. Bayern are a quality side. Kane has years in him left and will get plenty before he retires. I believe that will start with the euros in the summer aswell.
Can’t really have a dig at Harry Kane for Bayern losing in the Pokal when he never featured.

Bayern have been shite all season outwith the CL.

44/45 and 14 assists in all competitions. Kane has done his part. He’s just seen his keeper and the officials potentially do them out of ET.

Listened to a podcast where a guy put up an interesting question who has had the better career, Kane or Jamie Vardy?

When you look at it Vardy has won the premiership, championship, FA cup, Charity shield, got to a champs league quarter final, EPL golden boot winner.

I thought it was a good question to be honest

Listened to a podcast where a guy put up an interesting question who has had the better career, Kane or Jamie Vardy?

When you look at it Vardy has won the premiership, championship, FA cup, Charity shield, got to a champs league quarter final, EPL golden boot winner.

I mean, to put Vary in the same breath as Kane is nonsense really. Unless you want to just look at the Wikipedia achivement section. There's obviously more nuance to a footballers career than that.

I mean, to put Vary in the same breath as Kane is nonsense really. Unless you want to just look at the Wikipedia achivement section. There's obviously more nuance to a footballers career than that.
The question wasn't though who is a better player but who would you say has had a better career

Vardy also has the longest scoring stretch in the EPL unless Halaand has beat it and I’ve missed it.

On the other side of that argument though is one has played for Bayern and one has played for Fleetwood. :))

hell mend him.If he had just signed for us this season he would have already had a league cup medal and potentially another two medals to come.

They haven't been shite. Leverkusen have just had an absolute freak season that probably will never happen again. It's a strong league. Bayern are a quality side. Kane has years in him left and will get plenty before he retires. I believe that will start with the euros in the summer aswell.

It really isn’t a very strong league, it’s dropped and dropped in quality this last decade. The Bayern side of 2013-2017 would have walked this league.

Mental taking him off last night unless he was injured.
1-0 up but worst case at the time was potentially extra time and/or penalties.
Why on earth would you take your top striker off?
As you say unless he was carrying an injury which if he was you'd think he would be straight down the tunnel it is mental.

Joining a team that has won 11 titles on the bounce, and then fails to win the title….

Add to that how close they were to progressing through that tie last night and setting up a Champions League final against a domestic rival that they would have a fair chance of beating…

That is a curse by most definitions :eek:

Back