Havertz goal last night where there was a foul in the build up

On the Alfie goal that's your opinion I don't think it's a foul either and it's one of them Johnston has bought from Clancy. If Clancy tells VAR he's ruled it out for a push and replays back him up then only option is to go with the onfield decision otherwise VAR is re-refereeing the game.

I don't watch many of their games outwith us playing them so I couldn't tell you for your last point but there's a reason they want rid of VAR and it's cause decisions go against them.
Clancy was there to advise of any clear and obvious error by the referee in awarding the goal.

It’s highly improbable that Clancy did not view the initial contact by Fetus yet disregarded but saw an insignificant push by Morelos which was sufficient to bring to the referees attention to rule out the goal.
I remember clearly the incident and there was no push significant enough for Fetus to fall forward.
And we know Fetus is not slow to go to ground with very little contact particularly in his own box.

Clancy was there to advise of any clear and obvious error by the referee in awarding the goal.

It’s highly improbable that Clancy did not view the initial contact by Fetus yet disregarded but saw an insignificant push by Morelos which was sufficient to bring to the referees attention to rule out the goal.
I remember clearly the incident and there was no push significant enough for Fetus to fall forward.
And we know Fetus is not slow to go to ground with very little contact particularly in his own box.
Can’t remember it that clearly…

Clancy was the referee, the goal was never awarded, and VAR didn’t intervene

Can’t remember it that clearly…

Clancy was the referee, the goal was never awarded, and VAR didn’t intervene
Yup selective vision.
Seems a theme.
If this was an isolated OF incident you can say well it’s just a one off incident/mistake.

The next time and time after that all within a relatively tight timeframe becomes very suspicious.

Been watching OF games a long time and can’t remember such a pattern of goals being chalked off with one team the beneficiary of all the decisions.

Yup selective vision.
Seems a theme.
If this was an isolated OF incident you can say well it’s just a one off incident/mistake.

The next time and time after that all within a relatively tight timeframe becomes very suspicious.

Been watching OF games a long time and can’t remember such a pattern of goals being chalked off with one team the beneficiary of all the decisions.
That’s right, it’s a collective cabal ran by refereeing department of the SFA…

The Morelos one is soft and well bought by a defender who has previous for it, not sure that’s on the referee

The Dessers one the other week is 100% right

The Roofe one in September is the outlier, and even then, plenty of current and former refs were split on it

Hardly as clear cut as you’re making it really, is it?

Far from a conspiracy either

That’s right, it’s a collective cabal ran by refereeing department of the SFA…

The Morelos one is soft and well bought by a defender who has previous for it, not sure that’s on the referee

The Dessers one the other week is 100% right

The Roofe one in September is the outlier, and even then, plenty of current and former refs were split on it

Hardly as clear cut as you’re making it really, is it?

Far from a conspiracy either
Now you’re making up what I said.
What I have simply said it is suspicious that in recent OF games 3 crucial goal decisions have all gone in favour of one team not us regardless of where the game is played.
It would be normal in any football match for a partisan crowd to have an influence.
I have also said this is really unusual for the period I have been watching OF games for so many crucial decisions go in favour of 1 OF team in so short a period of time.
The Collum incident ignoring VAR procedures is another example and I have agreed that goal should not have stood.

The incidents I have outlined seem pretty clear in my mind and many other Rangers supporters.
Former referees as I recall were not as split as you would have us believe and by your own admission you cannot clearly recall the Morelos incident.

For the avoidance of doubt I have never said there is a cabal of referees conspiring against Rangers.
However could there be an unconscious bias in some referees,VAR officials.?
I personally knew a senior linesman years ago and he made clear he disliked Rangers or loved Celtic whatever you prefer and when linesman at Porkheid gave an offside decision in favour of Celtic by not putting up his flag which resulted in a goal for them.
He knew the Celtic player was offside.
This was not an OF game.

What I am saying is there are too many crucial decisions in OF games all in favour of 1 team in a short period of time for it not to be deeply suspicious.
It could simply be incompetence has played a part as well.

Whatever reason or reasons we are on the shit end of the stick.

It's a very odd world we live in where people are convinced both Celtic are the sole beneficiary of VAR and also actively driving a campaign to have it removed from our game.

Now you’re making up what I said.
What I have simply said it is suspicious that in recent OF games 3 crucial goal decisions have all gone in favour of one team not us regardless of where the game is played.
It would be normal in any football match for a partisan crowd to have an influence.
I have also said this is really unusual for the period I have been watching OF games for so many crucial decisions go in favour of 1 OF team in so short a period of time.
The Collum incident ignoring VAR procedures is another example and I have agreed that goal should not have stood.

The incidents I have outlined seem pretty clear in my mind and many other Rangers supporters.
Former referees as I recall were not as split as you would have us believe and by your own admission you cannot clearly recall the Morelos inciden
For the avoidance of doubt I have never said there is a cabal of referees conspiring against Rangers.
I personally knew a senior linesman years ago and he made clear he disliked Rangers or loved Celtic whatever you prefer and when linesman at Porkheid gave an offside decision in favour of Celtic by not putting up his flag which resulted in a goal for them.
This was not an OF game.

What I am saying is there are too many crucial decisions in OF games all in favour of 1 team in a short period of time for it not to be deeply suspicious.
It could simply be incompetence has played a part as well.

Whatever reason or reasons we are on the shit end of the stick.
Merely making the point of how your post come across - to add in the specific of how your mate used to cheat further adds fuel to the fire of what you’re saying

I do remember the Morelos one and I do remember it clearly. From where Clancy was, he’d have seen the contact, which ended with Morelos’s hands in Johnstone’s back… that much would have been backed up by what the VAR saw because that’s on video

Clear and obvious is the standpoint, and I’d suggest that the degree of contact wouldn’t fall into that… I don’t think it’s a foul, but once it’s given, it’s very difficult for VAR to overturn it

Collum didn’t actually ignore VAR procedures… he just didn’t think it was a handball that was worthy of calling a handball offence - maybe it’s cheating like your analogy, maybe it’s just a mistake

In the era of VAR, where VAR is offsite - a partisan crowd will have less chance of influencing the VAR

Let’s remember, all 3 decisions went the way of the crowd on the field…

This was not an OF game.
You are literally telling us you personally knew a linesman who admitted match-fixing in Celtic's favour. That correct? I mean, that's a significant statement and worthy of naming names IMHO.

What I don’t like is that you can have a situation like on Sunday where hearts get a corner after a player is blatantly offside. If they score from that corner the goal would have been given. Var is riddled with inconsistencies like that
Also wondered what would've happened there. Was clearly offside and therefore should've been a goal kick.

Merely making the point of how your post come across - to add in the specific of how your mate used to cheat further adds fuel to the fire of what you’re saying

I do remember the Morelos one and I do remember it clearly. From where Clancy was, he’d have seen the contact, which ended with Morelos’s hands in Johnstone’s back… that much would have been backed up by what the VAR saw because that’s on video

Clear and obvious is the standpoint, and I’d suggest that the degree of contact wouldn’t fall into that… I don’t think it’s a foul, but once it’s given, it’s very difficult for VAR to overturn it

Collum didn’t actually ignore VAR procedures… he just didn’t think it was a handball that was worthy of calling a handball offence - maybe it’s cheating like your analogy, maybe it’s just a mistake

In the era of VAR, where VAR is offsite - a partisan crowd will have less chance of influencing the VAR

Let’s remember, all 3 decisions went the way of the crowd on the field…
Firstly to clarify the ex was not a m8 but a colleague whom I was on speaking terms with.
It is an example of how allegiances can interfere with the integrity of refereeing.
It is also possible it could work in the other direction but recently it’s only working in one direction not ours.

It is noticeable that you have explanations for the decisions we are talking about anti Rangers if you like but can’t cite 1 incident to even discuss where Celtic FC were not the beneficiary.
Does that not strike you as odd especially in such a tight timescale.?

To turn to Clancy in your view he saw the entire incident but adjudicated that Morelos significantly pushed Johnston but elected to overrule Johnston contact on Morelos.
Plain wrong IMO.
At best a 50/50 incident with both at it.
I agree virtually impossible for BAR to intervene as not a clear and obvious error.
It’s the original decision which is flawed by not substantially so to be clear and obvious.

Collum actually did not follow VAR procedures and he was censured for it by Crawford Allen or whoever it was.

Let’s remember all the decisions reached went in the favour of Celtic irrespective of how and why they were obtained.
If you look at the past twenty years can you remember in such a short timeframe so many critical decisions all going 1 way.?

You are literally telling us you personally knew a linesman who admitted match-fixing in Celtic's favour. That correct? I mean, that's a significant statement and worthy of naming names IMHO.
We are talking years ago and I had seen the Celtic incident on TV that night being at the Rangers game that day.
At work I was talking to the guy and remarked the Sellik player looked a couple of yards offside.
His response was something like I know and he smirked.
I seriously doubt that’s admitting match fixing.

In reality no refereeing official is going to come out and say to someone he knows as a colleague he cheated.
I commented to him that wasn’t appropriate and he made no attempt to defend himself and simply walked away.

Firstly to clarify the ex was not a m8 but a colleague whom I was on speaking terms with.
It is an example of how allegiances can interfere with the integrity of refereeing.
It is also possible it could work in the other direction but recently it’s only working in one direction not ours.

It is noticeable that you have explanations for the decisions we are talking about anti Rangers if you like but can’t cite 1 incident to even discuss where Celtic FC were not the beneficiary.

To turn to Clancy in your view he saw the entire incident but adjudicated that Morelos significantly pushed Johnston but elected to overrule Johnston contact on Morelos.
Plain wrong IMO.
I agree virtually impossible for BAR to intervene as not a clear and obvious error.
It’s the original decision which is flawed by not substantially so to be clear and obvious.

Collum actually did not follow VAR procedures and he was censured for it by Crawford Allen or whoever it was.

Let’s remember all the decisions reached went in the favour of Celtic irrespective of how and why they were obtained.
If you look at the past twenty years can you remember in such a short timeframe so many critical decisions all going 1 way.?
But now Allan has admitted that Collum got it wrong. He said: “It’s hard to say he made a mistake because he didn’t make a factual process error. It was a subjective decision that Willie made and he is entitled to that.

“Would I have preferred if the handball had been examined through to an APP? Yes.

“But I am not going to say that Willie has done anything wrong in terms of process or an error. Willie is entitled to take a view, looking at it from every angle at full speed.
“In slow motion I think it does make it look worse, but at full speed - which Willie looked at - he made an experienced decision. I think APP should have been reviewed and the hand moving across the ball was sufficient to have that looked at for the rest of the APP. I have said that privately to the club as well.

He got the handball aspect wrong, he didn't make a VAR procedural aspect error

If the Clancy one is "plain wrong" then surely that'd be a "clear and obvious" error. You're now saying its a 50/50 incident... that's not "plain wrong" is it? thats just subjective. I agree with you its soft, but it's well bought by Johnston

I don't watch Celtic games, so unless they appear on here or twitter and I can give an opinion on them, I'm not going to go hunting for them...

But IMO its clear from your postings what you're looking for - you want decisions going Rangers way, not necessarily correct decisions though

We are talking years ago and I had seen the Celtic incident on TV that night being at the Rangers game that day.
At work I was talking to the guy and remarked the Sellik player looked a couple of yards offside.
His response was something like I know and he smirked.
I seriously doubt that’s admitting match fixing.

In reality no refereeing official is going to come out and say to someone he knows as a colleague he cheated.
I commented to him that wasn’t appropriate and he made no attempt to defend himself and simply walked away.
Just to be clear though, you said:

"I personally knew a senior linesman years ago and he made clear he disliked Rangers or loved Celtic whatever you prefer and when linesman at Porkheid gave an offside decision in favour of Celtic by not putting up his flag which resulted in a goal for them.
He knew the Celtic player was offside."

Your statement there is a definite suggestion of match-fixing.

Now you've slightly reworded things to be more vague/suggestive.

So, either he knew the player was offside at the time of the incident and deliberately gave the incorrect decision in their favour because he supported them (which is 100% match-fixing).

Or retrospectively, seeing it back, he was admitting with a smirk that he'd gotten it wrong but it was a genuine mistake at the time.

Plain wrong IMO.

Is the question not better marked with how many critical decisions incorrectly went one way? If the decisions were correct, then there's no reason to bemoan them.

Have you counted across all teams and all matches how many critical decisions have been given this season for example?

If you're basing your view on 3(?) decisions (some correct/debatable at least) going Celtic's way in OF games, while not off-setting for the penalty we got at Ibrox via VAR in that time, and equally not counting any of the decisions VAR has given in our favour all season (a large percentage of our penalties as an example) it's a very, very restricted and selective sample size to draw an opinion from - but maybe that's deliberate.

I don't watch Celtic games or highlights to be honest (or the rest of the league matches). Not a staunch thing, I just don't bother. Only really see them against us, so I don't have a full view of all decisions to see a proper chart of who has actually had the most decisions in their favour via VAR.

That would be a very interesting chart to see. Again, in a world where folk have convinced themselves that VAR benefits Celtic more than anyone else and at the same time Celtic are actively trying to have it removed from the game via a compliant media...

Last edited:
But now Allan has admitted that Collum got it wrong. He said: “It’s hard to say he made a mistake because he didn’t make a factual process error. It was a subjective decision that Willie made and he is entitled to that.

“Would I have preferred if the handball had been examined through to an APP? Yes.

“But I am not going to say that Willie has done anything wrong in terms of process or an error. Willie is entitled to take a view, looking at it from every angle at full speed.
“In slow motion I think it does make it look worse, but at full speed - which Willie looked at - he made an experienced decision. I think APP should have been reviewed and the hand moving across the ball was sufficient to have that looked at for the rest of the APP. I have said that privately to the club as well.

He got the handball aspect wrong, he didn't make a VAR procedural aspect error

If the Clancy one is "plain wrong" then surely that'd be a "clear and obvious" error. You're now saying its a 50/50 incident... that's not "plain wrong" is it? thats just subjective. I agree with you its soft, but it's well bought by Johnston

I don't watch Celtic games, so unless they appear on here or twitter and I can give an opinion on them, I'm not going to go hunting for them...

But IMO its clear from your postings what you're looking for - you want decisions going Rangers way, not necessarily correct decisions though from all the angles

As Var Numero uno it is expected of the official to review the incident.
As play was restarted by a goal kick within a few seconds of the actual incident it is safe to assume that didn’t happen.
It is impossible that Collum looked at it full speed from all angles .He simply let play proceed irrespective of the comments he has I assume made to Crawford Allen which he has accepted.

You’re fond of misquoting me to suit your argument.
I’ve made clear that my view is that Clancy is wrong but at worst could only be interpreted as 50/50 which would mean goal which is the exact same outcome as clearly wrong.
It is surprising that you could not recognise that.
Especially when you claim to know what I’m looking for.

I’m looking for games to be refereed impartially and with integrity and the decisions made to be the correct ones irrespective of which clubs are involved.
In short IMO that is not happening with reference to OF games over the past couple of seasons.
Cogently IMO we are not getting correct decisions.

Just to be clear though, you said:

"I personally knew a senior linesman years ago and he made clear he disliked Rangers or loved Celtic whatever you prefer and when linesman at Porkheid gave an offside decision in favour of Celtic by not putting up his flag which resulted in a goal for them.
He knew the Celtic player was offside."

Your statement there is a definite suggestion of match-fixing.

Now you've slightly reworded things to be more vague/suggestive.

So, either he knew the player was offside at the time of the incident and deliberately gave the incorrect decision in their favour because he supported them (which is 100% match-fixing).

Or retrospectively, seeing it back, he was admitting with a smirk that he'd gotten it wrong but it was a genuine mistake at the time.
My belief is he made the decision not to raise the flag for offside deliberately to enhance his teams prospects of scoring a goal.
Does that help.
And naw I’ll not be reporting to anyone or doing anything about it for something that happened 30 years ago or more.

My purpose in mentioning it was to show that officials can be influenced by their support for a particular team.

As Var Numero uno it is expected of the official to review the incident.
As play was restarted by a goal kick within a few seconds of the actual incident it is safe to assume that didn’t happen.
It is impossible that Collum looked at it full speed from all angles .He simply let play proceed irrespective of the comments he has I assume made to Crawford Allen which he has accepted.

You’re fond of misquoting me to suit your argument.
I’ve made clear that my view is that Clancy is wrong but at worst could only be interpreted as 50/50 which would mean goal which is the exact same outcome as clearly wrong.
It is surprising that you could not recognise that.
Especially when you claim to know what I’m looking for.

I’m looking for games to be refereed impartially and with integrity and the decisions made to be the correct ones irrespective of which clubs are involved.
In short IMO that is not happening with reference to OF games over the past couple of seasons.
Cogently IMO we are not getting correct decisions.
You don’t have to assume anything.

It wasn’t a “few seconds” it was longer than that, not a substantial check, but would have been enough for Collum to look at it from a couple of angles and make a decision. Walsh actively delayed the play from restarting immediately whilst it was being looked at

But if it’s 50/50 it can’t be clearly anything… hardly misquoting you. Just merely pointing out the fact that what you’re saying cannot coexist

You say we’re not getting the correct decisions - that’s a pretty bold statement, you’ve pointed to what? 1 completely wrong decision across 4 games?

Is the question not better marked with how many critical decisions incorrectly went one way? If the decisions were correct, then there's no reason to bemoan them.

Have you counted across all teams and all matches how many critical decisions have been given this season for example?

If you're basing your view on 3(?) decisions (some correct/debatable at least) going Celtic's way in OF games, while not off-setting for the penalty we got at Ibrox via VAR in that time, and equally not counting any of the decisions VAR has given in our favour all season (a large percentage of our penalties as an example) it's a very, very restricted and selective sample size to draw an opinion from - but maybe that's deliberate.

I don't watch Celtic games or highlights to be honest (or the rest of the league matches). Not a staunch thing, I just don't bother. Only really see them against us, so I don't have a full view of all decisions to see a proper chart of who has actually had the most decisions in their favour via VAR.

That would be a very interesting chart to see. Again, in a world where folk have convinced themselves that VAR benefits Celtic more than anyone else and at the same time Celtic are actively trying to have it removed from the game via a compliant media...
I think the main points are:
I am referring to only OF games over the last couple of seasons.
Pointing out incidents in these crucial games where IMO mistakes have been made all favouring Sellik.
In other words incorrect decisions.
Plus I cannot recollect from memory in any period of time where so many critical decisions so quickly went 1 teams way in OF games.

You are right to highlight Silva penalty incident but the overall count certainly favours them in the period I am referring to.

You don’t have to assume anything.

It wasn’t a “few seconds” it was longer than that, not a substantial check, but would have been enough for Collum to look at it from a couple of angles and make a decision. Walsh actively delayed the play from restarting immediately whilst it was being looked at

But if it’s 50/50 it can’t be clearly anything… hardly misquoting you. Just merely pointing out the fact that what you’re saying cannot coexist

You say we’re not getting the correct decisions - that’s a pretty bold statement, you’ve pointed to what? 1 completely wrong decision across 4 games?
Look m8 this is getting boring well it is for me anyway and you won’t change my view.
I sense that your perception won’t change either by your keenness to misquote in order to support your viewpoint which you are entitled to hold .

Absolutely no point in continuing with this.
I have made clear what I was referring to in all aspects and the relevant incidents.

Someone has to step away and that’s me.

Look m8 this is getting boring well it is for me anyway and you won’t change my view.
I sense that your perception won’t change either by your keenness to misquote in order to support your viewpoint which you are entitled to hold .

Absolutely no point in continuing with this.
I have made clear what I was referring to in all aspects and the relevant incidents.

Someone has to step away and that’s me.
No keenness to misquote at all, in fact, where have I?

You’re bemoaning decisions that have gone against us, and yet can’t say with any certainty that they’re incorrect

You’re keeping a very narrow minded view of what incidents you deem relevant to prove a wider point that, imo, simply doesn’t exist

I think the main points are:
I am referring to only OF games over the last couple of seasons.
Pointing out incidents in these crucial games where IMO mistakes have been made all favouring Sellik.
In other words incorrect decisions.
Plus I cannot recollect from memory in any period of time where so many critical decisions so quickly went 1 teams way in OF games.

You are right to highlight Silva penalty incident but the overall count certainly favours them in the period I am referring to.
So what is the count of crucial incorrect decisions in their favour in that minute and very specifically chosen data set?

I was expecting the goal to be disallowed, it was the start of Arsenal's attack.
I think right now it is very obvious that in England VAR is trying not to interrupt or correct the ref unless he has just blatantly missed something. They have adopted a stance of keeping the referee decisions on the pitch. In the last week I have seen 6-10 incidents that VAR would have jumped on in Scotland. Arguably there are multiple penalties we wouldn't get if we did the same in Scotland, verses a couple of goals we have had overturned.

I think right now it is very obvious that in England VAR is trying not to interrupt or correct the ref unless he has just blatantly missed something. They have adopted a stance of keeping the referee decisions on the pitch. In the last week I have seen 6-10 incidents that VAR would have jumped on in Scotland. Arguably there are multiple penalties we wouldn't get if we did the same in Scotland, verses a couple of goals we have had overturned.
Exactly what Dermot Gallagher's point was on Ref Watch on Monday RE Nottingham Forest.

Down there they are working hard not to use VAR to re-referee games and if a ref has seen an incident and made a call, they try not to get involved. He also said we see them all being given up here in SPFL-land.

Exactly what Dermot Gallagher's point was on Ref Watch on Monday RE Nottingham Forest.

Down there they are working hard not to use VAR to re-referee games and if a ref has seen an incident and made a call, they try not to get involved. He also said we see them all being given up here in SPFL-land.
Sometimes being removed from the madness of our West of Scotland bias' is healthy for a man...lol :)

Back