Hearts only sold 17,500 for Sunday

The thing is this isn't difficult and there's no need for it.

Hearts want half the North Stand. Fine. Give them it. Or even more. We'll sell out the West and South Stands easily. Just only give them half or less of the East Stand too. If they sell all that they can have the other half of the East Stand and if not we get the part of the East stand adjacent to the South Stand. The point is they can have the 'visible' seats without pretending they have a support that can fulfill a full 50/50 allocation. They obviously don't.

Plenty of empty seats in top tier of south stand. The front sections were closed too... Presumably to stop anyone tempted to drop crisps packets full of urine onto the Hearts fans below

It's been the same for many years whenever we've been drawn against clubs - other than that mob - in both semis and finals. Hopefully that today will put an end to it. The daftest that I ever heard was from a Dunfermline supporter on a radio phone in one Saturday night complaining about there not being a 50/50 split of tickets before they were due to play us in a League Cup semi back in the 1990's.

I saw two separate guys selling at least two tickets each near Mount Florida Primary School at 2.30.

That would be normal in my heyday for away/Hampden games (2008-11), but a very rare sight these days indeed.

Ridiculous thing was the big blocks of empty seats were the best ones, right on the half way line. I'm stuck away in the corner at row EEE! They could let fans in after 20 minutes to fill unoccupied seats so it doesn't look so embarrassing!

Was in South stan upper section near hearts end all bears must have handed lots of tickets back
Those seats are Debenture seats so if they don't sell by Hampden themselves they are handed to the clubs which has been the case today and yesterday

Yer baws mate.

There’s f*ck all justification in handing tickets to day trippers at the cost of real fans.

I won’t entertain your shite on this topic any longer.
Who handed tickets to day trippers? Tickets are bought and paid for.
Semi's and Final's should be an equal split whenever possible.

Fair enough, you want to act billy big baws then bash on.

Ridiculous number of empty seats in the Hearts end today. I said at the game it looked around 3/4000 thousand. Maybe wasn't too far off with that, going by official attendance.

Also be interested to know why there was a large section of empty seats in the South Stand Lower closest to the dugouts in our end. Those seats were for hospitality run by Rangers at previous games. Anyone in there today able to confirm if that was the case today? I understand the need for hospitality but, it's quite poor that seats would just be left empty if they couldn't shift hospitality packages.

Surprised to see Hearts banners with South Belfast and Greenock on them, not to mention a random Dingle Liverpool FC banner at the front of their end.

IMG-5525.png

IMG-5527.png

Plenty of empty seats in the Hearts end.

From the south upper I would say majority of empty seats were in the south stand today. Hearts looked to have left the first 3 or 4 rows of the east unsold so that is probably 1500 tickets left in their end.

The big empty sections in the south are hospitality and unsold debentures. The price of the hospitality options are usually £500 plus at Hampden so its not surprising they didn't sell out the Hearts section for a semi.

I was in B2 in West Stand. 3 or 4 empty seats around me. Surprised to see plenty of tickets for sale outside.

Not sure that's an indication of much bud. We were in A7 right at the back and rakes of our fans clearly just pile down the first stairs that they come to.

I wasn't in my allocated either come to think of it :D

If they sell all that they can have the other half of the East Stand and if not we get the part of the East stand adjacent to the South Stand.
This kind of a setup is a nightmare for families especially with juveniles so no thanks - we need to know our allocation from the start.

First time in the the South Stand Upper today, just past the half way line towards the Hearts end. Fantastic view of the game, but plenty of empty seats and the atmosphere was a bit flat.

Will stick to the North Stand if given the choice in future.

I got off the train at Mount Florida and got speaking to a guy who was a bear and said he had a ticket in the Hearts end.

There was a few spares for our end on the way to the ground

A guy infront of me at the turnstile passed a spare ticket back for anyone to use.

@Greg Marshall

Our “real fans” were punting tickets left right and centre today. Buses holding up wads of them at the stadium.
There was a few spares for our end on the way to the ground
I saw two separate guys selling at least two tickets each near Mount Florida Primary School at 2.30.

That would be normal in my heyday for away/Hampden games (2008-11), but a very rare sight these days indeed.
Tons of tickets for sale outside
Seen one guy holding up 4 or 5 about half an hour before kick off
Yes. Saw one guy holding atleast 4 tickets and then another few guys with a couple of tickets each

plenty of mygers members (with a season ticket and on cccs) will have missed out on today and get to come on here and read this.

if a game's mygers allocation is top down, there is just no justification to handing so many tickets to the buses. it's a scandal and today should be a watershed moment.

@Greg Marshall

plenty of mygers members (with a season ticket and on cccs) will have missed out on today and get to come on here and read this.

if a game's mygers allocation is top down, there is just no justification to handing so many tickets to the buses. it's a scandal and today should be a watershed moment.
Think it was more to do with a lot of folk being absolutely scunnered since last weekend

Some of the tickets being sold will be MyGers members tickets. If someone can't make the game then a lot of people will pass that ticket to their bus to then try and fill a seat with. All of the spares being sold aren't RSC tickets.

Back