Hearts only sold 17,500 for Sunday

Solution to this idiocy:

Before a certain date, all teams should be required to canvas supporters and have them commit to buying a ticket for SF/Final should their club get there.

Once they know numbers, months in advance, the SFA is notified.

That way ticket distributions can be done fairly and so no genuine fans of any club are missing out.

Clubs can then distribute among their registered numbers as they see fit if their committed numbers exceeds the number of available seats (i.e. MyGers, supporters clubs, ballot, etc).

Usual shitshow from SFA, why constrain Rangers and Hearts to a hard and fast 50/50.
Obvious we’re selling ours, not so much for Hearts, therefore the last seats available to fill for Hearts, or their last tranche of tickets should have been for the North Stand so that when they weren’t sold they were given to Rangers.
They have purchased all the tickets, they can sell the tickets however they like. Sell the shitest seats in the stadium last is their prerogative.

2,500 empty seats for a Cup semi-final that should have easily sold out.

Scottish football is the fucking pits.

Can't think of any other country whose FA would allow thousands of empty seats when a sell-out would otherwise be guaranteed.

Scottish football is getting more and more tin-pot by the week.

To think these cnuts are paid a fortune to preside over this mockery of our game.

It's easier to be loyal to a support that win more games than not and that turn up to Hampden expecting to win instead of being the opposite like hearts.

The are a couple of thousand short and their own supporters are donating funds to get other supporters to the game.

Of course it should be entertained again, they have purchased all tickets so the clubs/sfa don't lose money for unsold tickets and now they have managed to shift most of them too, it's really none of our business how they do so either. They are bought and paid for, the stadium won't be empty.

Whilst die hard Rangers ST holders miss out. You've made my point for me.

This was their test and they've failed it miserably. It will be held against them and rightly so.

I can only assume you've a family link, or a soft spot for the Watery Farts given your predilection, with one or two others on this forum, for defending these cunts even when faced with clear evidence to the contrary (their inability to sell their equal share).

Looks like the Sheep have chucked it, wonder how many they would have sold if it was they were playing? The vermin aren't as big a draw for them as us

Can't think of any other country whose FA would allow thousands of empty seats when a sell-out would otherwise be guaranteed.

Scottish football is getting more and more tin-pot by the week.

To think these cnuts are paid a fortune to preside over this mockery of our game.
I assumed that most FAs just give 50/50 allocations.

There won't be thousands of empty seats anyway.

I was about to spit the dummy on this thread as I didn't have a ticket and haven't missed a semi final in a long, long time. But managed to pull on my resources and I'll be there Sunday. F*ck yes :cool:

Whilst die hard Rangers ST holders miss out. You've made my point for me.

This was their test and they've failed it miserably. It will be held against them and rightly so.

I can only assume you've a family link, or a soft spot for the Watery Farts given your predilection, with one or two others on this forum, for defending these cunts even when faced with clear evidence to the contrary (their inability to sell their equal share).
That's what happens in national Semis. die hard man utd fans will miss out to Coventry trippers too - both deserve a 50/50 split though.

It was their test and they have almost sold out and they have paid for all the tickets, how have they failed? Club bought the tickets, fans pay for tickets off club, stands aren't empty. What more do you want?

Not really I just haven't got a superiority complex and feel the need to rip supporters of other clubs who have sold a vast amount of tickets for a game, and a competition they are unlikely to win.

They have managed to shift almost all of their equal share. How they do so is nowt to do with anyone.

That's what happens in national Semis. die hard man utd fans will miss out to Coventry trippers too - both deserve a 50/50 split though.

It was their test and they have almost sold out and they have paid for all the tickets, how have they failed? Club bought the tickets, fans pay for tickets off club, stands aren't empty. What more do you want?

Not really I just haven't got a superiority complex and feel the need to rip supporters of other clubs who have sold a vast amount of tickets for a game, and a competition they are unlikely to win.

They have managed to shift almost all of their equal share. How they do so is nowt to do with anyone.

If you can't see the flawed logic in your statement then I'm at a loss, to be honest.

Match-going football fans are the lifeblood of the sport in this country, given the meagre TV deal. You need to reward them, rather than punish them by allowing people who don't attend games to turn up for showpiece matches in place of those who attend week in, week out.

The stands aren't empty (if indeed that's the case) because Hearts bought up their split in the hope their fans would step up. They're now giving them away through their charity arm because they haven't the support to pull it off.

Not sure what's hard to get. Thankfully, this will be taken into account when we next get the cunts in a cup game. ST number + 10% of get tae fu*k.

Diddy cunts.

Whilst 3000 seats go empty or gave away to youth clubs and loyal rangers fans locked out?
Absolutely. Who are we to demand more. If Hearts take the tickets and pay for them then they can distribute them however they want. I highly doubt there’ll be 3000 empty seats either.

It’s supposed to be a neutral game.

The most loyal Rangers fans will be there btw. Thats the whole point in MyGers

Aye but seemingly it's fair forsome reason according to some.
Every single one of their STHs potentially gets a ticket while less than half ours do

The blame here lies with the lame brains at the SFA, who had the chance in the early 90s, to bulldoze the terracings, get rid of the running track, brings stands up behind the goals and give us an 80k stadium.

If they buy them and the seats filled then the justification for 50/50 is there.

F*ck off with that brainless pish mate.

There's zero argument for these never-go-to-a-game cunts that Hearts are giving these tickets to, because their core support couldn't deliver, to get spots ahead of hardcore Rangers fans who go week-in, week-out.

And this isn't a one-off with this mob. The fat bitch in admin in my work, who I didn't even know was a Hearts 'fan', ended up getting a ticket to the last semi we played against them.

It's a joke and I'm hopeful the SFA will now act accordingly in all future matches. And the wee teams won't have a leg to stand on.

ST+10% and be grateful.

Hearts don't fair well against us. Probably expecting a pumping.
They'd probably sell more against Aberdeen or Celtic

I was there in 2012 in the Hearts end when they beat Celtic 2-1 (and Lennon had a meltdown on the pitch at full time :D ) and they only had maybe 15k tops. Against Hibs they’ll easily sell out their full allocation.

I actually don’t mind clubs wanting 50% of the share. But common sense dictates that they should sell it in sections, only getting to sell the full allocation if they have reached a, say, 70% target by a couple of weeks before. If they haven’t, then they have over the remaining section.

Utter stupidly that they’re been given the full 50% upfront and are the SFA willing to have thousands of empty seats when thousands of bears would’ve jumped at chance to go.

If you can't see the flawed logic in your statement then I'm at a loss, to be honest.

Match-going football fans are the lifeblood of the sport in this country, given the meagre TV deal. You need to reward them, rather than punish them by allowing people who don't attend games to turn up for showpiece matches in place of those who attend week in, week out.

The stands aren't empty (if indeed that's the case) because Hearts bought up their split in the hope their fans would step up. They're now giving them away through their charity arm because they haven't the support to pull it off.

Not sure what's hard to get. Thankfully, this will be taken into account when we next get the cunts in a cup game. ST number + 10% of get tae fu*k.

Diddy cunts.
No, normal supporters are fronting up the money to allow other supporters to get to the game, you never know they might then start going all the time after the Semi's regardless of if they win or not, you know, the life blood of the game?

What will be taken into consideration? That their supporters have purchased almost all of the tickets their club paid for upfront? Probably means they won't have to purchase the tickets up front the next time and neither should they if they can shift the majority of the tickets.

F*ck off with that brainless pish mate.

There's zero argument for these never-go-to-a-game cunts that Hearts are giving these tickets to, because their core support couldn't deliver, to get spots ahead of hardcore Rangers fans who go week-in, week-out.

And this isn't a one-off with this mob. The fat bitch in admin in my work, who I didn't even know was a Hearts 'fan', ended up getting a ticket to the last semi we played against them.

It's a joke and I'm hopeful the SFA will now act accordingly in all future matches. And the wee teams won't have a leg to stand on.

ST+10% and be grateful.

it’s a neutral game in a neutral stadium, these teams should be afforded an opportunity to have 50% of the tickets if they think they can sell them (I explain my thoughts on a straight up 50/50 split above - which is strictly managed and tickets quickly given to us/ them if they aren’t on course to sell them by a certain date).

It goes against my own interests but it’s up to these teams to decide how they wish to distribute their tickets. We shouldn’t automatically gain an advantage with fans just because we are a bigger club - it’s not a home game…

I don’t think they’ll be that far away come match day.

Not really the point tbh, they’ve struggled to sell tickets quickly in a season where they are not doing too badly on the pitch which suggests there is not a massive demand. Contrast that with a really big support like Rangers where whole allocation was gone in a nano second. No free tickets being handed out to schools near Ibrox I bet.

They got the chance of a 50-50 split but they haven’t made anywhere near a case to keep getting a 50-50 split at the expense of fans that go to the game every week.

Last edited:
Absolutely. Who are we to demand more. If Hearts take the tickets and pay for them then they can distribute them however they want. I highly doubt there’ll be 3000 empty seats either.

It’s supposed to be a neutral game.

The most loyal Rangers fans will be there btw. Thats the whole point in MyGers
Bullshit. I know guys missed out by a couple of points, but today were offered a chance to buy extra but that’s no good to them now as it’s too late for them to organise travel across

Plus you get points for woman’s and b team games. You could miss 6/7 games and buy the woman and b team season ticket rangers tv etc and make up your points without attending a game

Not really the point tbh, they’ve struggled to sell tickets quickly in a season where they are not doing too badly on the pitch which suggests there is not a massive demand. Contrast that with a really big support like Rangers where whole allocation was gone in a nano second. No free tickets being handed out to schools near Ibrox I bet.

They got the chance of a 50-50 split but they haven’t made anywhere near a case to keep getting a 50-50 split at the expense of fans that go to the game every week.
I guess we’ll see. If they fill it then that’s that.

Bullshit. I know guys missed out by a couple of points, but today were offered a chance to buy extra but that’s no good to them now as it’s too late for them to organise travel across

Plus you get points for woman’s and b team games. You could miss 6/7 games and buy the woman and b team season ticket rangers tv etc and make up your points without attending a game
It’s not bullshit. The people who have tickets through MyGers have the most points. Therefore the most loyal fans. That’s the whole point in MyGers (apparently)

It’s a neutral venue not a home game, we don’t have some divine right to get more tickets just because we have a larger fan base. If Hearts have stumped up the cash then that’s all the SFA will care about. They can then sell/give away tickets in whichever manner they want.

I don't have any real issues with them selling only 18,000 or so - that's about their regular attendance.

Our anger should be aimed at the utter clowns that allowed them to get half the allocation & pay for any unsold, to the exclusion of Rangers fans that were deserving of tickets and didn't get them.

Should never have been allowed.
Exactly. At best, Hearts should have been told if they wanted a 50 / 50 split they had a deadline to sell an initial allocation, but wouldn't be given access to North Stand tickets until they had sold their South and East Stand allocations, by say 2 weeks in advance. If they hadn't sold out by then, North Stand tickets would be allocated to Rangers. Save all this begging Hearts fans to buy and Rangers supporters who actually go to games would have got a ticket. This was as much about keeping Rangers fans out as getting Hearts fans in.

Diddy cunts.
Don't kid on that you support Rangers for the good of Scottish football. You don't.

It's up to Hearts how they sell their tickets for a cup semi at a NEUTRAL venue. As long as they are paid for (they are) and the vast majority are sold (they are) then it's feck all to do with us.

Exactly. At best, Hearts should have been told if they wanted a 50 / 50 split they had a deadline to sell an initial allocation, but wouldn't be given access to North Stand tickets until they had sold their South and East Stand allocations, by say 2 weeks in advance. If they hadn't sold out by then, North Stand tickets would be allocated to Rangers. Save all this begging Hearts fans to buy and Rangers supporters who actually go to games would have got a ticket. This was as much about keeping Rangers fans out as getting Hearts fans in.
So the Hearts season ticket holders that never miss a game have to get the worst seats in the house behind the goals? And their fair weather fans have to get the best seats in the North Stand? Talk me through the fairness of that?

Hardly a surprise given there were two full sections empty at the last semi final next to our end plus plenty visible empty seats dotted around their end as well.

At least if they are financially disadvantaged by not shifting them it may alter their thinking moving forward but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

I don't have any real issues with them selling only 18,000 or so - that's about their regular attendance.

Our anger should be aimed at the utter clowns that allowed them to get half the allocation & pay for any unsold, to the exclusion of Rangers fans that were deserving of tickets and didn't get them.

Should never have been allowed.
Step forward John Bennett and the bridge builders.

So basically Hearts sold about 16,000 tickets for this game and are having to invent ways to give away the rest. Utter small time.
If we were to play E-Mail FC in the final ever again, you'd have people on here demanding they get a 50/50 split.

So basically Hearts sold about 16,000 tickets for this game and are having to invent ways to give away the rest. Utter small time.
If we were to play E-Mail FC in the final ever again, you'd have people on here demanding they get a 50/50 split.
With the blue dots left in their section, they've sold a lot more than 16k.

So the Hearts season ticket holders that never miss a game have to get the worst seats in the house behind the goals? And their fair weather fans have to get the best seats in the North Stand? Talk me through the fairness of that?
They'd initially have the choice of South or East stands. I'm sure plenty of their ST holders would choose the East, just as many of ours choose the West. You're talking a fairly low percentage of their tickets being held back. The fairness is that more people who actually want to see the game are able to, rather than the current situation where Hearts are begging fans to buy several thousands of tickets left unsold. It's called compromise.

They'd initially have the choice of South or East stands. I'm sure plenty of their ST holders would choose the East, just as many of ours choose the West. You're talking a fairly low percentage of their tickets being held back. The fairness is that more people who actually want to see the game are able to, rather than the current situation where Hearts are begging fans to buy several thousands of tickets left unsold. It's called compromise.
Why would they choose the East? The view is horrendous.

Of course they're small time.
Football supporters from every corner of Scotland, for whatever reason choose to travel to Glasgow to follow Rangers or Celtic.
There's not much other clubs can do about that.
And no one on here is "demanding" a 50 - 50 split. Simply accepting that in a semi final it's how it should be.

I think it’s over exaggerated on here how many lunatics have been buying B and woman STs for points. Agree they should never have been included but the club see it as easy revenue

Why would they choose the East? The view is horrendous.
Why does anyone choose the East or West then? Maybe tradition. Maybe they prefer watching football from behind the goal. Maybe because most of the atmosphere is generated from both ends. It's a personal choice. Well over half my supporters bus will be in the West stand on Sunday by choice. Until flags and flares became a priority for some, it was my personal choice for many, many years too. I've seen us win five trebles and countless domestic cups from that end, so some of my greatest Rangers memories are watching from there. It's utter nonsense to suggest no-one wants to be in one of the traditional 'ends'.

There’s one thing that you can’t do and that’s question the loyalty of Rangers fans, so don’t ever compare the two supports. We are unequalled and your referencing knee jerk posts on a message board is pathetic.

And on your second point, they’re thousands short and I’d read their charity foundation were buying up the spares - purely to save face.

F*ck them. They’re an inconsequential team from a small city and a 50/50 split should never be entertained again.
No team is inconsequential. Without other teams, there would be nobody to play.

Why does anyone choose the East or West then? Maybe tradition. Maybe they prefer watching football from behind the goal. Maybe because most of the atmosphere is generated from both ends. It's a personal choice. Well over half my supporters bus will be in the West stand on Sunday by choice. Until flags and flares became a priority for some, it was my personal choice for many, many years too. I've seen us win five trebles and countless domestic cups from that end, so some of my greatest Rangers memories are watching from there. It's utter nonsense to suggest no-one wants to be in one of the traditional 'ends'.
Nobody in their right mind would choose the east or west before the north stand at Hampden, these days. Or at least, very few would.

Back