Match Thread Hearts v Rangers - 12:30 Saturday - RangersTV

Listening to Radio Shortbead.

There were seven minutes to go. After seven, there were three and a half. After those, there were five more added on. Subs and VAR checks,I guess. Play went on over the five.

There really needs to be a proper clock like in NFL.

But, in saying that, the game should have been out of reach well before that.

Sums up our team and mentality, 3 -1 up wi 10 mins to go and can't hold out against a poor Hearts team. Dessers showing again why we need a striker, midfield not robust enough and a defence who can't defend.

Players like Wright need to go asap, King will never be good enough. Any good offers for Tav or Ridvan and sell.

I had some hope when I seen some players coming back from injury today of winning next Saturday but nah we are shambolic even if we can get a goal the minute any team applies pressure we crumble and fall apart it’s bloody heartbreaking after getting back into the title race then fold as easily

Cantwell and Silva both giving stick to their fans after scoring. I don't want to see our players engaging in stuff like this until we are well and truly on top in the league. Celebrate with our fans. Ignoring the rest reminds them of what they fear most: their total irrelevance. Once we are on top, we can strut about winding them up if we want, but until then you've not earned it boys.

...but we got noticeably worst when Davies defensively went off...
But he was replaced by our most amazing player, that should be captain and the rock the rest of the team is built on apparently. (this isn't a go at Sterling btw, just the OTT reaction on here to every player who has managed to be relatively competent)

Yeah why bother a week before a massive cup final, let’s just ignore it

What nonsense as usual from the resident happy clapper
We can't wave a magic wand and all of a sudden have a fully fit squad.

We are just about getting teams on the pitch. The injury situation has absolutely killed us.

You can be raging about results and performance but it won't change the fact that we've nobody else to play. The squad is on its erse.

Clement has to get the spin right this summer.

Far too many cb’s, cm’s and st’s have failed us again.

People can blame the players and demand a clear out but the facts are Clement came in and we were 7 points adrift and have finished the season 8 points behind. During this period that lot dropped points twice to Hearts and Killie and also once against Motherwell and Aberdeen. There was a massive opportunity this season and we have passed it up.

We have far better players than the rest of the league yet consistently look easy to play against and have persevered with a 4-2-3-1 set up which doesn't work. We really need to see something in the cup final to confirm he has a plan that works for Scottish football and more importantly in old firm games.

On the plus side, this time next week we’ll only have another couple of hours of this shitshow to endure.

A lot of pressure on Clement and his staff over this summer. Half that squad are simply not good enough or past it, and the remainder don’t look as though they want to be here. It’s a big ask to patch that up into a winning team in a couple of months.

The Tav defensive situation badly needs addressed. Every single week we are shipping goals from our right, Crosses not being stopped.

Either play him further forward or move him on. Miles short of what we need at right back.
Now I am a massive Tav fan but today Tav at Hearts 2nd was just a carbon copy of Tav at Celtic's 2nd last week. He allows a winger easy possession by not getting tight therefore on his heels when the winger presses him.

The writing is well and truly on the wall for the future, new manager before Christmas pending.

attn-attention-seeker.gif

Now I am a massive Tav fan but today Tav at Hearts 2nd was just a carbon copy of Tav at Celtic's 2nd last week. He allows a winger easy possession by not getting tight therefore on his heels when the winger presses him.
Now we can see that so why can’t the manager?

I’m a Tav fan too ,but I think the more pressing priority is a left back as Ridvan was more guilty than Tav at the second as he was nowhere to be seen when the cross came over and also for the third Ridvan daydreaming and losing the guy for the goal.

I’m a Tav fan too ,but I think the more pressing priority is a left back as Ridvan was more guilty than Tav at the second as he was nowhere to be seen when the cross came over and also for the third Ridvan daydreaming and losing the guy for the goal.

Wouldnt notice you are a “Tav fan”, maybe if you took blinkers off you’d be more of a “Rangers fan” instead

A month or so ago I thought the result at Parkhead would decide the league. With all our squad's problems, I thought we might fall just short. But I had a hope it might be one of those moments in football where Clement has managed to do just enough to tilt the scales just enough to get our noses in front at exactly the right time. Since Ross County and then Dundee it's all unravelled so badly that I'm struggling to muster any sort of expectation for the cup final. I hate to say it, but the scum are looking red-hot favourites right now.

In one sense, I'm not that bothered about today's result, it's obviously meaningless. But in another, I think the problem is that none of us are watching that and thinking "But it'll be fine next week when the first picks are back and the players have got the battle fever on." This team rarely appears to find its "battle fever" mode and its default in an alarming number of games since April, including large parts of two Old Firm games, has been "dead rubber."

Raskin Dowell KIng Davies and Tav cost us that game and should be shown the door.

McCausland Cantwell and when he came on Silva looked that they wanted to win the game and that was all.

PC and his 7 points behind when he came is now 8 points behind so he has failed. All he has as an excuse which is correct are the injuries. Why when a goal up do we run into our box on the 6 yard line to defend. Any manager or coach that knows his stuff gets the team to defend on the halfway line with a solid midfield and keep the ball.

I thought we would win the cup but without major changes with players coming back which other than Sima I dont see then the scum will run all over us.

We can only hope for a lot of luck and maybe a team with some effort and desire.

18 points from the last 33 available from my calculations since Motherwell at Ibrox.
Whilst we probably all agree we can't be changing manager again Clement will be lucky to survive this now short to medium term depending on how this final goes.
No Rangers manager can survive this sustained run of poor results & poor performances & should next week go wrong he is already halfway out the door as next season starts with him under immediate pressure, new team next season or not.
He now has very limited scope for his new team to bond / settle in as this run won't be forgotten quickly.
He has big decisions to make moving forward with next Saturday being the start

A month or so ago I thought the result at Parkhead would decide the league. With all our squad's problems, I thought we might fall just short. But I had a hope it might be one of those moments in football where Clement has managed to do just enough to tilt the scales just enough to get our noses in front at exactly the right time. Since Ross County and then Dundee it's all unravelled so badly that I'm struggling to muster any sort of expectation for the cup final. I hate to say it, but the scum are looking red-hot favourites right now.

In one sense, I'm not that bothered about today's result, it's obviously meaningless. But in another, I think the problem is that none of us are watching that and thinking "But it'll be fine next week when the first picks are back and the players have got the battle fever on." This team rarely appears to find its "battle fever" mode and its default in an alarming number of games since April, including large parts of two Old Firm games, has been "dead rubber."
PC said yesterday that the squad had come full circle (or words to that effect). Had me thinking that the clear out might be greater than even we think. Possibility Tav goes as well as Goldson and then the obvious ones.

Back