Highland League title decider tomorrow

uddingstonbluenose

There are 3 possible winners of the Highland league tomorrow, who would go onto play East Kilbride for a chance for promotion to League Two.

Buckie P33 - 78 (+63)
Brechin P33 - 78 (+61)
Fraserburgh P33 - 75 (+54)

Fraserburgh are at home to rock bottom Strathspey Thistle, and would require to win by 8 and have Buckie and Brechin lose.

Buckie Thistle are at home to Keith and have higher goals scored, so Brechin would need to make the trickier trip away to Brora Rangers and win by a margin of 3 more than Buckie.

Anyone going to any of these games?

Buckie playing their 4th game of the week (Saturday / Monday / Wednesday / Saturday) will probably scrape over the line against Keith, but, they've been dropping a lot of points in the last month or so.

Strathspey, also playing their 4th this week, after the Monday / Wednesday double header with Buckie, could easily lose by double figures against Fraserburgh, but, can't see both Brechin and Buckie losing.

How do they compare to EK in terms of playoff chances?

I'm born and raised in EK, and always liked the idea of a team from the town getting into the proper leagues. They have fallen short a few times though.

Must admit though, things were tarnished for me a bit when they got all pally with Celtic after drawing them in a cup. Gave me the boak.

Think regardless of what happens in the Highland League ( Buckie hopefully ) East Kilbride are seen as favorites

I'm born and raised in EK, and always liked the idea of a team from the town getting into the proper leagues. They have fallen short a few times though.

Must admit though, things were tarnished for me a bit when they got all pally with Celtic after drawing them in a cup. Gave me the boak.

Difficult to say, probably both at a similar level. Highland League team have the edge of having the second leg at home.

Buckie are similar, with their tie at the Phiggery earlier this year - they also play in green and white stripes, but, after the Ken Ferguson nonsense, I hope Brechin wither away in the lower leagues - ideally Fraserburgh get up.

Buckie v Elgin and Peterhead v Fraserburgh would be good local derbies for League Two.

East Kilbride are a plastic club. No fans , No history. Not much different from the Livingston franchise.

And anyone with a slightest clue about football would know that East Kilbride Thistle are the only true football club in East Kilbride!
Would have much preferred if Thistle had been bought over and turned into the proper EK team. Not sure why this didn't happen.

East Kilbride is bloody giant these days though, it's a bit of a riddy that the biggest (think it's about neck and neck with Paisley) don't have a team in the top 4 divisions.

I think if they get the stadium built and manage to attract a fairly family friendly audience that their numbers will become somewhat decent.

Being from Angus I would like to see Brechin back into the spfl.they look like the only club who went down with the ambition to come back.for those judging Brechin on what they did in 2012,it’s a completely different owner and board.

Been following this title race quite closely for the past month or so, Buckie looked out of it at one point but the two big wins over Strathspey this week gave them +12 or something onto their goal difference which is some going when they needed a big swing.

From the little I know of the Highland League id probably expect Buckie to win by more against Keith than what Brechin will against Brora

Always had a small interest in the highland league because my old man played for Inverness Caley in the 50s in the Highland league. They were called Caledonian in those days. He played with ex Rangers player Bobby Bolt for a season I remember him telling me. Hope Buckie do it.

Quite pally with a ref who does a mix of HL/LL and into SPFL, he seems to think East Kilbride will win comfortably against eith of the potential HL teams. He says its quite a drastic gap.
Speaking from a Montrose point of view it is quite amusing to see Brechin still down there - would always think they were above Montrose footballing wise.

So am I and I hope EK get pumped. Their bottle is known for crashing around this time.

An RSC leaves from Coatbridge, doesn't make it red white and blue.

Fraserburgh is predominantly Celtic over Rangers.
No way is it more Green than Blue, mate.
Theres also a good few of us that travel with Peterhead True Blues.

Granted a Scum bus leaves from the local Slophouse (Elizabethan Bar), but it picks up other scum fans enroute. The town is principally a 3 way split, just like Lanark where I used to reside. Motherwell in that instance would replace Aberdeen up here.
Definitely more Blue shirts worn as colours than Red or Green.

No way is it more Green than Blue, mate.
Theres also a good few of us that travel with Peterhead True Blues.

Granted a Scum bus leaves from the local Slophouse (Elizabethan Bar), but it picks up other scum fans enroute. The town is principally a 3 way split, just like Lanark where I used to reside. Motherwell in that instance would replace Aberdeen up here.
Definitely more Blue shirts worn as colours than Red or Green.
What I don't understand is why scum would gather in a bar blatantly named after a Monarch. They are idiots.

Been following this title race quite closely for the past month or so, Buckie looked out of it at one point but the two big wins over Strathspey this week gave them +12 or something onto their goal difference which is some going when they needed a big swing.

From the little I know of the Highland League id probably expect Buckie to win by more against Keith than what Brechin will against Brora
Keith have trouble with the goalkeeper position, to the point Brechin have been trying to use their friendship with Craig Levein to get St Johnstone to send them someone on an emergency loan.

Agree-the story goes in yester year they were gifted a set of strips from the filth and have chosen to play in them since-not for me
Agree-the story goes in yester year they were gifted a set of strips from the filth and have chosen to play in them since-not for me
apparently that myth was de-bunked when they played each other in Scottish cup so not true
Tbf I just assumed it was the obvious reason that they are appeasers of child neglect

Mon the Broch, one of the best pints I had there was in the Royal Hotel, I believe it was flattened years ago.

The Royal Hotel is still standing, albeit it has been empty and closed for about 15 years.
The “Giro” disco night many years ago every Thursday was always an entertaining evening

There are 3 possible winners of the Highland league tomorrow, who would go onto play East Kilbride for a chance for promotion to League Two.

Buckie P33 - 78 (+63)
Brechin P33 - 78 (+61)
Fraserburgh P33 - 75 (+54)

Fraserburgh are at home to rock bottom Strathspey Thistle, and would require to win by 8 and have Buckie and Brechin lose.

Buckie Thistle are at home to Keith and have higher goals scored, so Brechin would need to make the trickier trip away to Brora Rangers and win by a margin of 3 more than Buckie.

Anyone going to any of these games?

Buckie playing their 4th game of the week (Saturday / Monday / Wednesday / Saturday) will probably scrape over the line against Keith, but, they've been dropping a lot of points in the last month or so.

Strathspey, also playing their 4th this week, after the Monday / Wednesday double header with Buckie, could easily lose by double figures against Fraserburgh, but, can't see both Brechin and Buckie losing.
Buckie and Strathspey are both playing their 4th game in a week!!! I can only assume someone in the league is touring Japan in the close season.

Fair few mentally challengeds in Buckie but also a lot of good Rangers men around the areas like Hopeman, Lossiemouth etc. Worked with a good few offshore and decent guys who bleed blue.

Back