How are they going to pull this off next Saturday

I know we have been shite for a while now and some players don't deserve to be here but the amount of Surrender monkeys on here is frightening ,no wonder their fans take the piss,I've seen us play well and against better than "them" so I will hold back on slagging the Rangers and back them fully.No Surrender.
You’d think they just scudded a decent team 7-0. They just struggled to beat St Mirren at home.

It will be tough, yes. But to say we have no chance is pathetic. The team feed off the support.

I would genuinely just like to know what our players are scared of. ?

Its a game of football.
You, me and thousands of others mate.
That's where I feel professionals in that field could help. Club can't keep changing manager, doesn't appear like a big squad overhaul can happen, in the short term look for the small percentage gains with the current rabble.

You, me and thousands of others mate.
That's where I feel professionals in that field could help. Club can't keep changing manager, doesn't appear like a big squad overhaul can happen, in the short term look for the small percentage gains with the current rabble.

Nothing terrible is going to happen to them if they lose a game of football.

I just don't get it, tbh.

Ffs, are we back to thinking we’re playing Real Madrid again?

It’s a cup final against a team we can usually score against, who have just had St Mirren stick a couple by them and in a one off game at a neutral venue for a trophy.

This place can suck the life out of you.

3 of the back 4 Celtic played today categorically will not start next week.

Not saying the replacements are top drawer but their game today is meaningless to what happens next weekend.

Don't see anything at all to suggest we will. Depressing end to a season that looked so promising a few weeks ago.

I decide if I respond, and how I respond.
As is your right, though it wasn’t a question designed to trip anyone up.

For what it’s worth I don’t think the season has been a success and I don’t think it is being a cry baby to not be going into next week full of confidence.

As always I hope I’m wrong, but I don’t think a section of the support can be blamed for having concerns about the outcome.

We are right off form, I hope we dont play the usual suspects and if I see Dowell or Lawrence I think Ill need open heart surgery.

It's a two way street. The team feeds off support. The support feeds off the team. Right now the teat does not look appetising for any.

Everyone has taken their eye off the ball.

Here's to pre-season!

We will get beat by at least 3. I pity any poor person going to Hampden. Its shite enough at the best of times without having to watch this team

Please say none of the guys who have thrown in the towel after watching a dead rubber with guys coming back from injuries and no one wanting injured for next week have got tickets for the final?

**** me
I don’t think the emphasis is on the dead rubber.

More the fact we have 15 out of the last 30 points. Haven’t beat them in a meaningful game in over 2 years and have a horrendous injury list hitting an already limited squad.

Question is: who is the squad is delivering a rip roaring team talk pre game? Arfield? Mcgregor??

Zero spirit in that senior team left and it'll be down to cantwell and sterling imo to try and lift the squad.

It’s a cup final against a team we can usually score against, who have just had St Mirren stick a couple by them and in a one off game at a neutral venue for a trophy.

You would swear we had lost 3 or 4 nil to them this season.the games we have lost have been by one goal.in those games they have wobbled when we have scored.

I still go in with a shade of optimism. Their defence can be got at.

I still believe our best chance is to just go long at every opportunity. Bypass the midfield as O'Riley, Hatate and McGregor is miles better than anything we can do in that area. I would actually assign one player to simply follow O'Riley round the pitch.

Get Dessers playing on the channel between Scales and Taylor then have 3 mobile attack minded players to feed off the 2nd balls.

3 of the back 4 Celtic played today categorically will not start next week.

Not saying the replacements are top drawer but their game today is meaningless to what happens next weekend.

The same goes for us but we still need to wade through dozens of “woe is me” posts because of a result in a dead rubber.

I still go in with a shade of optimism. Their defence can be got at.

I still believe our best chance is to just go long at every opportunity. Bypass the midfield as O'Riley, Hatate and McGregor is miles better than anything we can do in that area. I would actually assign one player to simply follow O'Riley round the pitch.

Get Dessers playing on the channel between Scales and Taylor then have 3 mobile attack minded players to feed off the 2nd balls.
But we also have to nullify their midfield as an attacking force

I'd go for for trying to keep it tight low block full on defensive mode for 75-80mins and then try and snatch something at the end, what wee teams to do us as I don't thin we have enough players fit to go for it from the word go

I guess folk would be more positive if we'd won today and if I was an optimist I'd say the late goals were conceded today due to Davies being subbed off

I'm assuming folk are trying to out misery each other in the hope they'll end up on the Celtic version of Kerryfail ;)
I agree. Change formation to 4-5-1. Flood the midfield to nullify O' Reilly and Mcgregor. Sterling at RB with Tav wide on the right of a 5 man midfield so he's not faced with one on one with Maeda. Cantwell can then play as he would have cover. Make the game ugly, a midfield battle. They have had it too easy this season, lets mix it up a bit.

It's a cup final with a split support.

We have a chance, yes they are favourites but the pressure is all on them.

They haven't been able to see out the games with any ease the last twice-why would we expect next week to be different?

Be absolutely astonished if we beat them khunts next Saturday. This team are done.
We are crap all over the pitch. Too many lightweights and not one leader anywhere.

Reactions: VGM

Unfortunately so can our team.:rolleyes:

We tell the players if they haven’t put the effort in they get their balls tasered. Also, we score more goals than them.

We aren't quite Warburton, Murty, Caixinha levels of shit but it's hard to see how we get a result next weekend. Quite a few players have checked out mentally and we have failed to lay a glove on them this season really.

It's a one of game though and anything can happen so bring the bastards on.

Given Phil can’t throw youngsters in to this game, he is stuck with the serial losers who think a narrow defeat against the scum is an achievement.
Not hopeful.

If we can get some players fit for next week and score first, then we have a chance. The fans are feeling scunnered and rightly so, and need that first goal just to give everyone a lift. However, the manager will need to be brave and drop any players that have checked out for the season, whilst bearing in mind today was a dead rubber and about ensuring no-one got injured for next week.

Unfortunately for this team it seems like we treat them as Real Madrid, yes.

And as such, the result follows.

Reactions: VGM
We're going into this final with many key players either injured or returning to fitness.

Of the players who are fit and ready, around half won't be here next season.

It's only got one outcome unfortunately, this team don't have any fight left in them for various reasons.

If we can get some bodies back there’s always a chance on the day.

Ultimately there hasn’t been more than a goal between us in most of the last 7 or 8 old firm derbies.

That can’t fall for them forever. We have to edge one of them sometime
But that’s contingent on having some sort of team to put out.

If King and Davies start I imagine it will be ugly. Like the sort that scars you for decades.

I don't know how many times WE have all said this, win the midfield and you win these games; PC has to know this by now. Our midfield has to match up to them and be first to every ball and win every 50/50. Stop McGregor pulling the strings and stop them hitting the by-line and firing in cross balls in front of the goal and we have a chance, but that is all it will be a chance.

Agreed.

They are favourites, it would be silly pretending otherwise, but it’s not like they have handed out a series of scuddings to us, all the games have been close and I think next week will be the same.

Dessers needs to have one of his better days though and not a repeat of today, we will create chances for him, I’m sure of it.

Back