How old is your Rangers supporters club?

Lockerbie Loyal i believe was 1984, we started with a 16 seater mini bus, then we ran a 53 seater bus starting from Dalbeattie picking up at dumfries enroute then lockerbie. But previous to 1984 we used to share a bus with guys from Annan Loyal

A bit stealthy but this year marks the 30th Anniversay of Allanton Loyal Supporters club which I am a member of.

How long has your supporters club been going for? Or were you a member of a club that sadly no longer exists and how long did it last?
12 years.

Obviously

Note: kidding

One of the oldest clubs was the Partick Loyal, not sure if still runs, used to leave from Merkland Steet.
Was looking through the posts to see if it was mentioned, think it was formed in 1946. Moved away in 99 so haven't used it since but was a member for many years, not sure it runs a bus at all now.

Does Gartcosh still run a bus? My brother was a member in the late 1940s, whilst I joined early 1950s.

I was in Melbourne in 2003 and got a Melbourne supporters club polo sent to my aunt's house. The club was quite far away from her house but one of the guys sent it down.
That might be the club out Frankston way. About an hour and a bit from Melbourne centre. I think that clubs been on the go for a lot of years, I certainly remember their Melbourne flag at Tannadice when we won the title winning 1 nil, think it was Trevor Steven who scored the goal.

That might be the club out Frankston way. About an hour and a bit from Melbourne centre. I think that clubs been on the go for a lot of years, I certainly remember their Melbourne flag at Tannadice when we won the title winning 1 nil, think it was Trevor Steven who scored the goal.
Yes mate frankston sounds familiar I know it was out of the way from where my aunts house was.

A bit stealthy but this year marks the 30th Anniversay of Allanton Loyal Supporters club which I am a member of.

How long has your supporters club been going for? Or were you a member of a club that sadly no longer exists and how long did it last?
Ally McCoist,EK 1983
Defunct when Billy B got sober.

Bishopbriggs RSC established 1975
I was an original member in 1975, remember going to Dougie's house to pay my deposit for membership. Some great trips on the Briggs bus. Was a great way for a teenager still at school to follow Rangers, cheap and affordable. Great bunch of lads. Still enjoy my occasional away game trip to see some of the founding members.

I was an original member in 1975, remember going to Dougie's house to pay my deposit for membership. Some great trips on the Briggs bus. Was a great way for a teenager still at school to follow Rangers, cheap and affordable. Great bunch of lads. Still enjoy my occasional away game trip to see some of the founding members.
Exactly same as me Cadge. Me and SS went to Dougies to join. There had been a few false starts previously about a club starting up but this one took off. SS moved to Australia years ago.

The one that I recognise as being my supporters club would be Larkhall which I think is around 1945.

I moved to Strathaven around the time of maybe Davie Cooper testimonial v Bordeaux ?? Souness era and started a supporters club there with a few mates.

Nine in a row was Crown Bar Bellshill.

Never really got into the Northampton RSC mainly due to having a couple of young children and SKY taking off with loads of games on TV.

Was a member also as a teenager. Trips to Aberdeen bus left sheep
country at midnight with a few missing. Moved abroad but still travel
on the Briggs bus when back. great memories over the years.

limavady 1988 ,folded when a founder member sadly died in a work accident and his mate who was the main man in the club went to live in Irvine.Club restarted on the original charter 1992 ,opened our own premises 2007 .
How many clubs are there in Limavady? I know there’s the one with their own premises, and then there’s another one that would travel sometimes with the federation on the buses?

The ones with their own premises do they organise buses across?

limavady 1988 ,folded when a founder member sadly died in a work accident and his mate who was the main man in the club went to live in Irvine.Club restarted on the original charter 1992 ,opened our own premises 2007 .
Cracking wee club. Always enjoy a pint in there before the parades in Limavady

Back