I’m not giving up yet

Call it blind faith, call it stupidity, call it what you like but I fancy us to replicate our result against Kilmarnock on the run in to winning the title in 2003. We knew by then we needed goals and stuck 4 by them but should have been more.

I've got a sneaky feeling they will drop points at home to Hearts the day before. We have been in this situation a few times before it's up to the players to find it in them somewhere to realise it's far from over yet. That mob aren't great at all and will drop points in the run in. It's up to us whether we capitalise on it or throw it away.

It was games 2,3&4 that were the games that will decide the title
Agree, we had the harder round today and lost no ground. Got to be content with that

Next weekend, we need to hammer Killie

It's unlikely, but Hearts could get a result

Then it's all down us (that game will take care of itself)

Then we have the easier weekend where we need goals again, and the best chance of them dropping points

Finally, we're not going to hammer hearts, so by that point we are hopefully not relying on goal difference

I trust Clement but it will be a miracle beyond miracle if we win this league. The confidence is oozing out of them and their manager is the most lucky, jammy and fortunate person ever!

Bang on! I think both teams are creaking a little and whoever keeps believing and grinding results wins. We have the team to do this.

We live in hope mate and you just never know what can happen.

Personally I don't think we have a good enough sqaud to win our last 4 games.

Dont think we are organised or even hard to play against my big worry is the way we start games we have been giving up a chance in first min of every game and i fear at piggery that will cost us.
They will draw their next 3 games.

We’ll win the league in Gorgie…and my wife won’t see me for 48 hours.

It’s not for me to say to folk they’re deluding themselves and setting themselves up for a fall. But anyone looking at this rationally including how we are playing, the dearth of quality in that team, the injuries (to Sima in particular) and our chronic record at the piggery can only have one conclusion: that the catastrophic results earlier in the month have sunk us.

I’ll also be trying to convince myself it can happen. It’s the hope that kills you.

It's a shame that they don't need to go killie before they play us. Killie will almost certainly take something off them
Doesn't matter for what will happen will happen, we need to win every game regardless of who and when and either score more than them too or hope Hearts and Killie take something from them!

I'm in no mood to give up either. Yes, we are in pretty shit form, but they are not much better. Still a decent amount of football to play.

Agree, we had the harder round today and lost no ground. Got to be content with that

Next weekend, we need to hammer Killie

It's unlikely, but Hearts could get a result

Then it's all down us (that game will take care of itself)

Then we have the easier weekend where we need goals again, and the best chance of them dropping points

Finally, we're not going to hammer hearts, so by that point we are hopefully not relying on goal difference
think hearts and killie both get draws off them but we also need to win our games so GD isn’t an issue it’s only 5 goals so that’s not huge if we beat them we double the GD for

We're absolutely still in it. Random, but I can see them drawing and losing outside if the game against us.

What we do is what minimises my confidence.

Neither side can be fully trusted to win any of the games that are left. Both as shaky as each other even in games that we/they should stroll through. That's why there are plenty of legs left in this title race.
This feels like 97/98 season where both teams seemed spooked by it all and dropped point unexpectedly.

It’s not for me to say to folk they’re deluding themselves and setting themselves up for a fall. But anyone looking at this rationally including how we are playing, the dearth of quality in that team, the injuries (to Sima in particular) and our chronic record at the piggery can only have one conclusion: that the catastrophic results earlier in the month have sunk us.

I’ll also be trying to convince myself it can happen. It’s the hope that kills you.
Hope doesn't kill you it's poor performances, attitude and lack of fight within our players that is the killer!

Work hard to claw back and have it in our hands to then put up dismal displays that may yet have cost us the title! These players don't deserve the title unless they step up to the plate and fight for it!

All comes down to the Piggery, our recent record there is atrocious.

We have players who have psychological scars from that place, they can't take the booing, noise, jeering, and bile from their manky fans.

It ain't over 'til it's over, until then I'll still believe and hope, but my head and gut are saying it's a bit out our reach this year.

In 2005 Celtic beat Rangers and went 5 points clear with 4 games to go. Everyone said it was done. Think we all now know how helicopter Sunday went.

We're 3 points behind, with 4 games to go including an old firm. Anything can happen. Anyone giving up on the title at this stage of the season should be ashamed.

That is utterly utterly mental stuff. Like beyond mental.

Mental.

I mean I hope you are 100% accurate but that's mental.
Why?

Hearts and Killie are more likely to take 3 points than we are imo. Killie away is the toughest game of the season for us and them.

Hearts take a point next week, we draw at Parkhead and Killie beat them at Rugby Park. Keep believing :p

I’m normally glass half full however i didn’t see anything today from the team that gives me any confidence they will win this league. 70 mins of pure passive uninspiring football.

It’s called realism and not being deluded

We all knew it was done at Dingwall. No amount of happy clapping positivity spinning pish is going to change that
I think you'll find that "happy clapping positivity spinning pish" is usually referred to as supporting your team until the Fat Lady Sings.
Remember Helicopter Sunday?

Well they've done it once already haven't they so every reason to be optimistic. Them and Killie have beat them twice each haven't they (I know one of the Killie games was cup) so there's big risk in those games.
Then there's the OF, which as the last one proved is an absolute basket case of a fixture where anything could happen.
Whilst we are well behind the level of yourselves and Celtic, I think it’s fair to say that us and Kilmarnock have been comfortably better than everyone else and more than competent in most games against the big 2 this season. I say that with all due respect to St Mirren who have been fantastic in the good spells they’ve had.

All it takes is for them to draw one of the other games, the target for Rangers is 4 more wins and that is non-negotiable.

An utterly brilliant scenario I had in my head earlier was you beat them at the piggery and they fully shit the bed on the Wednesday at Killie. It would be absolute bedlam.

Yip, good team that was.

This team gets battered at Parkhead btw.
Ok....whatever!
If you don't mind I'll try and remain a tad positive until the end of the season and hope that we can do the business while you wallow in your negativity feeling totally miserable.
Each to their own I suppose!
If that's your bag, go for it sunshine!

Admire people’s optimism and positivity but I just can’t do it to myself. They need to win all their games, including a trip to the chamber and secrets, and hope someone else takes points off the beasts. It’s not happening.

Call it blind faith which it most likely is, I’ll support the team till the end and forever. We all know the saying, it’s never over till the fat lady sings. We’ve been poor recently but the scum haven’t exactly been convincing either. If we can avoid defeat at the piggery and win the rest, I think we could just sneak it. Hearts and Killie seem to have their number, their results against them this season weren’t flukes. Shankland loves playing against that Scales.
GreT to hear it mate ,we need more like you.
Win 5 more games and table is possible

Obviously enjoy reading this forum but the cowardice from almost every quarter when the chips are down is nauseating.

It’s misery and pessimism desperate to bleed on to other people and make them as equally miserable.

Both teams are poor, our results have been shocking but there’s no reason why we can’t win the league at 3 behind with 12 still to play for. We go on a winning run like we did, they go on a losing run like they did and it’s ours.

It’s also possible that they stay on a run and we go to pieces but both teams are nowhere near good enough for either set of fans to call it.

Not over. No chance.

Folk are thinking we cant win at porkheed.

I'm optomistic. I'm sure we can.

Just need that mindset for the players.

I think they will drop points against either killie or hearts. What I can’t see us doing is winning at the piggery. Wouldn’t be suprised if we drew it but that’s not going to be enough. The league was gone when we turned up at Ross county and Dundee with the wrong attitude

Back