I take it the guilty were Celtic fans but Daily record article is ambiguous.

He wasn’t involved in anything dodgy to get stabbed though. I’m not looking for his life story but the guy got stabbed on the street by a group who were fighting amongst themselves. I walk on the street amongst other people all the time, could easily be me. Or you
I am a bit confused by this assertion?
If I see people arguing in the street I certainly don't walk amidst them, if I see them fighting I cross the road to avoid them or even turn around to find another route.

What am I missing here?

Francis McCann is a well known celtic hooligan who served prison time for a cs gas attack on hibs fans at Easter road, I very much doubt he innocently walked into a mass brawl. In saying that, 5 years for nearly killing the guy seems very lenient indeed. Also the fact it was mostly celtic fans fighting with each other is not something the media in this country want you to read about, they would rather have people believe it was Rangers fans who did it, sectarianism sells you see.
I suspect that you are being more accurate in regard to this matter than the press are.
If a story looks like it doesn't hang properly together because bits of it are missing, then we can usually conclude that the truth is being objectively obscured for a reason.

Francis McCann is a well known celtic hooligan who served prison time for a cs gas attack on hibs fans at Easter road, I very much doubt he innocently walked into a mass brawl. In saying that, 5 years for nearly killing the guy seems very lenient indeed. Also the fact it was mostly celtic fans fighting with each other is not something the media in this country want you to read about, they would rather have people believe it was Rangers fans who did it, sectarianism sells you see.

It's not just a paper selling agenda IMO, but a tawdry attempt to set a narrative to yet again demonise Rangers, Rangers fans, and the Rangers brand in general.

The merchant city is the last place Rangers fans would be for a game v them. There's no where for us to watch it.
It's as if they are trying to turn it into a mini Irish town.

If I see people arguing in the street I certainly don't walk amidst them, if I see them fighting I cross the road to avoid them or even turn around to find another route.

What am I missing here?
What if this “fight“ ws a young girl getting her head kicked in by a bunch of young guys? Or an old Granny getting harassed, or an old geezer getting mugged, disabled lassie getting harrassed? You still sauntering by? Not if you’re a decent person you’re not.

I‘m unlikely to be breaking up fights myself but there is a point when every decent person would try to help someone taking a pasting in the street. My faith in humanity relies on it

Point is you’ve got no idea why he got involved but it’s certainly nothing to do with his alleged horrible behaviour so it’s hardly worth mentioning it as a justification for getting stabbed

What if this “fight“ ws a young girl getting her head kicked in by a bunch of young guys? Or an old Granny getting harassed, or an old geezer getting mugged, disabled lassie getting harrassed? You still sauntering by? Not if you’re a decent person you’re not.

I‘m unlikely to be breaking up fights myself but there is a point when every decent person would try to help someone taking a pasting in the street. My faith in humanity relies on it

Point is you’ve got no idea why he got involved but it’s certainly nothing to do with his alleged horrible behaviour so it’s hardly worth mentioning it as a justification for getting stabbed
It was an on-going feud. He wasn't some innocent bystander who stumbled into a fight accidentally.

It was an on-going feud. He wasn't some innocent bystander who stumbled into a fight accidentally.
Who says? There’s no reason for a newspaper not to print that, it’s a better story than what they’ve got. Sounds like the same type of Chinese whispers on Twitter and forums that had Rangers fans as the culprits originally.

It wasn't a young girl or an old granny, it was full grown adult celtc thugs chopping each other up on a public highway, and the mhedia trying sleekitly to present it as something else to allude to Rangers fans being to blame.
That's the story, that's the thread.

It wasn't a young girl or an old granny, it was full grown adult celtc thugs chopping each other up on a public highway, and the mhedia trying sleekitly to present it as something else to allude to Rangers fans being to blame.
That's the story, that's the thread.
Honest question, how do you know who was fighting and why? If you say Twitter I’m blocking you straight out

What am I missing here?
Criminal injuries claim ?

I never mentioned his previous and I know nothing about him.
Was it a young girl being beaten up?
Was it an old geezer being mugged?

If not, then your paragraph intended to impugn my decency is irrelevant.

The narrative being portrayed in the article is that this person is a victim who somehow got himself embroiled in a nasty fight that had nothing to do with him.
However, it all seems a bit improbable and much of this is because there is no real effort to clear up the circumstances into which the lad became embroiled.

You might be happy with the gaps in the story but personally, all they do for me is cast some doubts on why vital pieces of information are missing.

By the way, it is the missing information that allows a reader to jump to conclusions, such as this being a sectarian attack on a Celtc fan by Rangers supporters.

Where is the decency in that mate?

If not, then your paragraph intended to impugn my decency is irrelevant.
Aye?

What am I missing here?
I’m very sorry I couldnt find the nuance in your pretty clear statement about avoiding all public arguments in the public domain and thus have no reason to ever get stabbed.

You dont know why he was fighting and neither do I and everyone who claims he’s some well known football hooligan who was involved in an inter Celtic rivalry has read it on this forum or on Twitter. It sounds demented to be honest

Honest question, how do you know who was fighting and why? If you say Twitter I’m blocking you straight out
Have a look through the names of the accused. The guy that was stabbed was a prominent member of the CSC for years. Surely you can work it out from there?

It was. The press were reporting it as a sectarian assault on a Catholic at the time. They were pushing this angle for a few days until it emerged it was yahoo on yahoo. Then it changed to old firm assault.

Andy Muirhead, gravy guts, had to shut his twitter account down as he was tagging Rangers FC in for days using it to his advantage. The prick.

He's a fat bastard. Be better if he just shut his life down, Fat oxygen thief.

Aye?

I’m very sorry I couldnt find the nuance in your pretty clear statement about avoiding all public arguments in the public domain and thus have no reason to ever get stabbed.

You dont know why he was fighting and neither do I and everyone who claims he’s some well known football hooligan who was involved in an inter Celtic rivalry has read it on this forum or on Twitter. It sounds demented to be honest
I think the main point I am making is that the way the story is portrayed is so insufficient in detail as to leave it open to mischievous interpretation.
The suspicion is that this might be intentional.
But of course, I am sure we can all agree that it is an everyday occurrence for completely innocent members of the public to stumble into a gang fight and suffer life-threatening injuries through transfer of malice.
Happens all the time.

If I was to turn a corner and see a woman, man or young person being beaten by a gang then yes I would like to think that I would try and intervene, but if I turned a corner and around 20 to 30 people where engaged in a running battle then yeah I'm turning my back and getting the %^*& out the way.
This guy was no innocent bystander that turned the corner at the wrong time - he got involved and paid the price.
As they say KARMA is a bitch.

I think the main point I am making is that the way the story is portrayed is so insufficient in detail as to leave it open to mischievous interpretation.
The suspicion is that this might be intentional.
But of course, I am sure we can all agree that it is an everyday occurrence for completely innocent members of the public to stumble into a gang fight and suffer life-threatening injuries through transfer of malice.
Happens all the time.

No response mate, I think maybe he's blocked you too. Lol

Last edited:

You fkn serious man

Tim or not that’s a disgraceful sentence for such savagery. Could be anyone of us on public transport going home after a game.

In my opinion carryimg a knife should be an instant 5 years no parole, trying to use, brandishing or threatening to use a knife should be 10 years no parole and actually stabbing someone should be a minimum 15 year term. Killing someone in cold blood, life, no parole, no exceptions. Victim isnt getting a second chance at life so neither should the wanker who murdered them
Superb, and a very simple sliding scale !

Who says? There’s no reason for a newspaper not to print that, it’s a better story than what they’ve got. Sounds like the same type of Chinese whispers on Twitter and forums that had Rangers fans as the culprits originally.
Suffering phuck.

Back