Ianis Hagi

0 pace and athleticism yes but he’s technically very good, he’s not poor on the ball.
I disagree completely.

Find his supposed technical ability massively overrated.

He gives it away as much as he doesn't and he tries to be creative with outlandish moves/passes that fans from the stands can see aren't on.

And now he's in a much more open league, a league that suits him, and he again can't get game time.

I disagree completely.

Find his supposed technical ability massively overrated.

He gives it away as much as he doesn't and he tries to be creative with outlandish moves/passes that fans from the stands can see aren't on.

And now he's in a much more open league, a league that suits him, and he again can't get game time.

He at least tries to be creative and make things happen. Give me that everyday over someone that’ll play sideways or safe.

He’s playing in a much better league at the moment.

Hagi would do nothing to improve this team, he's as slow as a week in jail. Another who is considered better because he's not available to play for us, when in reality he's just another average player.

He at least tries to be creative and make things happen. Give me that everyday over someone that’ll play sideways or safe.

That's my point though, his inability to spot when to be creative just results in us losing posession.

He is, but in a league that suits what he needs as a player and he can't get off the bench. He can't be that good if he can't even get off the bench for a relegation fighting La Liga team

He needs to reinvent himself as the pivot in midfield who can play forward passes. Like Davo did in later years. Don't think it will be at Rangers but would love him to turn it round he is a very good pro

Can he be any worse than what we have?
This is our issue. Players like Hagi aren’t good enough for Rangers whether he is better = to what we have currently.

A fully fit Cantwell is our best option in that position for me by far. And that is not me saying he is a world beater himself.

That's my point though, his inability to spot when to be creative just results in us losing posession.

He is, but in a league that suits what he needs as a player and he can't get off the bench. He can't be that good if he can't even get off the bench for a relegation fighting La Liga team

We are absolutely pathetic at keeping the ball just now anyway and have been since Steve Davis stopped playing.

There’s a big difference between being a creative player in a team with most of the ball creating the most chances against low blocks than a team figuring for relegation. I know what type of football would suit Ianis hagi more.

He was more of a second striker for alaves in games I seen chasing balls in the channel, not his game.

He’s proved he can do it here when he got the most assist in the league and most were from open play.

I’d much rather him next season than wright mccausland and id now add tom Lawrence to that list

The argument of, if he hadn't played for us is a redundant one. He did play for us, we had him on our books, he could play 10

We spent 3.5 million on a player who couldn't play 10, who was worse than Hagi ever was.

This is what has been tedious about our last 24 months, Sakala, Hagi, Colak, Morelos out and millions spent and we haven't actually moved it forward from them

People bemoan why we don't have money, and why we can't just spend money on more players, it's because our squad and asset management is shite.

I could try and be creative but like Hagi I ain’t good enough.

As for playing in a better league, he is in a better league but he ain’t playing as he is on the bench more often than not .

I could try and be creative but like Hagi I ain’t good enough.

As for playing in a better league, he is in a better league but he ain’t playing as he is on the bench more often than not .

Opinions differ, for me hagi has proved he has quality, the hibs goal on debut, braga, brondby away and the Romania goal where he nutmegs rudiger for example. Quality with both feet.

He lacks athleticism and especially after the injury pace but you surround him with runners in the wide areas and play him as a 10 he’d be a good option for me.

We are absolutely pathetic at keeping the ball just now anyway and have been since Steve Davis stopped playing.

There’s a big difference between being a creative player in a team with most of the ball creating the most chances against low blocks than a team figuring for relegation. I know what type of football would suit Ianis hagi more.

He was more of a second striker for alaves in games I seen chasing balls in the channel, not his game.

He’s proved he can do it here when he got the most assist in the league and most were from open play.

I’d much rather him next season than wright mccausland and id now add tom Lawrence to that list
We are, so no sense in having someone in the team giving it away even more.

Surely the openness of La Liga would suit him far more with space in behind for a supposedly creative player to pick out passes?

So in his natural position, supposedly, behind the striker? Chasing balls may not 'be his game' but that's exactly why he always got dropped against the tims, for example. Need to the hard work and produce.

The 55 season was 3 years ago. Kent had his best season 3 years ago but not a single person wants him back.

How about we get rid of all of them? None of the names youve mentioned are anywhere near good enough either.

We are, so no sense in having someone in the team giving it away even more.

Surely the openness of La Liga would suit him far more with space in behind for a supposedly creative player to pick out passes?

So in his natural position, supposedly, behind the striker? Chasing balls may not 'be his game' but that's exactly why he always got dropped against the tims, for example. Need to the hard work and produce.

The 55 season was 3 years ago. Kent had his best season 3 years ago but not a single person wants him back.

How about we get rid of all of them? None of the names youve mentioned are anywhere near good enough either.

He’s not playing for a top team in La Liga he’s playing for relegation strugglers who don’t get as much of the ball and playing on the counter.

I’d also drop him against them but there are games where his skill set is needed for example. Motherwell home where we dropped points and the two wide options were mccausland and sterling, hagi has more creative ability than both with his weak foot.

Speak for yourself btw id have loved Ryan Kent’s name on the team sheet last weekend where Scott wright was playing.

If the money is right he might be off in the summer but there would be worse things happening than him staying.

We’re gonna need two centre half’s, a left back (maybe two) a number 6, a striker and possibly two wingers in the summer btw

I dont think Hagi is the answer for, but one thing I will say for him is he always tries to go forward. None of this pass it back the way he's facing. His first thought it always to turn or try and play a pass that helps us move forwards.

We really lack that at times just now.

He’s not playing for a top team in La Liga he’s playing for relegation strugglers who don’t get as much of the ball and playing on the counter.

I’d also drop him against them but there are games where his skill set is needed for example. Motherwell home where we dropped points and the two wide options were mccausland and sterling, hagi has more creative ability than both with his weak foot.

Speak for yourself btw id have loved Ryan Kent’s name on the team sheet last weekend where Scott wright was playing.

If the money is right he might be off in the summer but there would be worse things happening than him staying.

We’re gonna need two centre half’s, a left back (maybe two) a number 6, a striker and possibly two wingers in the summer btw
We need far more than that. The squad's needing gutted.

We'll agree to disagree on this. I want him gone in the summer, along with many, many more.

Wright or Hagi?
Silva or Hagi?
Dowell or Hagi?
Raskin or Hagi?
Dessers or Hagi?
Dessers or a dustbin?
Every single one of they players I wouldn’t have I’d move all them on. If you think hagi is the answer, that’s a problem. We need better is my point, bringing a player back who’s marginally better than the shite that’s here currently won’t make a difference and win titles.

Hagi has always been massively frustrating.

To be fair to him he always gives his all and covers the ground to close players down but he has absolutely no pace and loses the ball regularly if pressed.

To top it all even if he's having a nightmare he will try a flick or trick when all is needed is a simple pass and lose the ball in very dangerous areas. For that reason I don't see him having a future under Clement because he simply won't stand for that crap.

His backers said he will do better in a far more technical league - it's the hammer throwers that are the issue. Well that hasn't happened either and he has still been found out.

If he does well at the Euros hopefully a few clubs will come for him.

Always liked Hagi but seems he doesn’t see his future at Rangers and the feeling is mutual at Ibrox.
We will probably get more than what we spent on Hagi even if he doesn't get a game at the Euros(which he probably won't) because of his name at the fact that Galatasaray will more than likely want him. They will not be taking him for his playing ability but again for the name, as they know a Galatasaray top with no.10 Hagi on the back will sell like wildfire.

The mindset of modern Rangers supporters is nothing short of mental.
Bring in a player who we'll drop against Celtic but play against Motherwell at home.
How the last decade has destroyed the standards and aspirations of our support.

The mindset of modern Rangers supporters is nothing short of mental.
Bring in a player who we'll drop against Celtic but play against Motherwell at home.
How the last decade has destroyed the standards and aspirations of our support.

It’s no bringing him in he’s ours and because certain games need certain players.

Nothing to do with standards or aspirations.

How many old firms did Boyd not play because we needed legs?

It’s no bringing him in he’s ours and because certain games need certain players.

Nothing to do with standards or aspirations.

How many old firms did Boyd not play because we needed legs?
Believe me m8 if we concentrate on having
players who can play against Celtic, they'll be capable of dealing with Motherwell at Ibrox.

Think there's a lot of similarities between him and Dowell tbh.

0 pace, 0 athleticism, poor on the ball.

I don't see at all what folk think Hagi offers.
He isn’t poor on the ball he is slower than treacle mind you but he’s a skillful lad wouldn’t do any worse than Tom Lawrence

Looked at Alaves stats a few times recently and they have used their 5 subs in a lot of games, not once have they brought on Hagi, think that says a lot

Believe me m8 if we concentrate on having
players who can play against Celtic, they'll be capable of dealing with Motherwell at Ibrox.

Not really when they play with two attacking midfielders we would be better with a Sterling with legs in those games for recovery runs.

We we are at home having all the ball against a team sitting in, you can get away with a much more attacking midfield set-up.

We’ve not got the luxury of signing 9 starters this summer

He’s a good lad, has a great attitude and is undoubtedly better than some of the imposters we’ve brought in.

None of that makes him the answer. He should be moved on.

We’ve not got the luxury of signing 9 starters this summer
LOL, it's you who wants players to play Motherwell and others to play Celtic.
What about Aberdeen or Benfica?

Players might be good enough to play v Motherwell but not Celtic as you suggest with Hagi but I guarantee you no player is good enough to play against Celtic but not good enough to play against Motherwell.

The whole “pacy” thing is baffling. We have a few players who are like shit off a shovel. Remind me of how that pace works for them? Pace is the laziest shout in the world and the lack is the only one levelled against Hagi. This is a weird place.

Can’t be any worse than Lawrence. Has an eye for a pass to open a packed defence and is capable of shooting on site with both feet.

Let’s see what Clement thinks of him when he returns. I like Hagi. But I wouldn’t be too upset if he leaves.
Lawrence is a better player than Hagi. Both miles away from being good enough.

Back