If we can win the Scottish cup

We didn’t become the most successful club in the world by not caring about cup wins - we should be caring about and trying to win every competition we are in

Obviously the league is the priority and I’m absolutely furious about how things have panned out the last few weeks but anyone saying they wouldn’t care about an old firm final is kidding themselves on

We had this league this year. The Motherwell game set the rot. It's gutting. On recent performances we ain't lifting any Scottish Cup unless it's Dolly in the final.

If we win the Scottish Cup, I'll be delighted, but it would feel like an anti-climax.
When Clement first joined, I'd have bitten the hand off anyone for a league cup, Scottish cup semi final and being 3pts behind with 5 games to go.

But none of us knew how we'd get to this point.

If we'd known then what we know now, well...

if we win the Scottish cup then we are more than likely to end the season 1 win away from winning the treble, if we stay within current 3 points

That’s a sore one given what this team have done this week

Imagine we do win the Scottish Cup.

Gerrard only won 1 trophy out of 9. We need to be winning more silverware! Not good enough!

Clement won 2 trophies out of 3. He didn't get the one that we really wanted! Not good enough!

Then try to argue that there isn't a real sense of entitlement among the support.

Cups are supposed to be the cherry on top for a club like Rangers.
The champions league money they are almost certain to bank now thanks to our collapse will keep them ahead of us for years to come.

My thinking when clement came in was. Win league cup. Do decent in Europe. Hopfully win Scottish and keep the league at 7 or less. Basically stablise us and it’s a decent first year. The problem is we had hope but last few weeks does show that there is a few who don’t have the mental strength needed for a title challenge. That this year is evident more than ever as Celtic where most certainly there for the taking

The Scottish Cup is always a great end to the season when you've won the league. It's the icing on the cake

The Scottish Cup without the league is a damp squib. Diddy team achievement.

Back