If we could win just one

Progress v Poles or Triumph over poets

• Legia

Votes: 331 40.2%
  • Celtic

Votes: 493 59.8%

• Total voters
I choose draw against the poles 0-0 and through on pens technically not a win over the 90 . Followed by 3/4-0 against them.

No idea why the poll has gone the way it has. Thursday is by far the most important game this week, unless people just pay zero attention to our financial situation.

Level with or 3 points behind the filth with 34 games still to play, or a guaranteed 8-figure sum coming into the club? No brainer.

It’s mind blowing.

The people saying three points against the filth are more important than a guaranteed £15m will be the same people crying like wee babies when we can’t afford to land a new winger or new left back at the end of the window.

Lose to Legia and Europe is done for the season. It's a massive financial blow and players would likely be sold, good ones we want to keep. Lose to Celtic and it's a blow, but it's losing the battle not the war. I'd rather take a short term hit im the league and get the long term benefit of European football.

This, I have a feeling if we go out Thursday bids will come for one or two, make no mistake clubs will be monitoring this, whereas we win Thursday we may well bring in someone... from there the momentum builds to Sunday and that that will take care of its self. Sadly I have a gut feeling that Sundays result may mirror Thursdays, let's hope for the positive of the two.

Difficult one. I suspect we need to qualify re our financial model.

Losing to the bheasts wont be as devastating.

However if you cant beat that bheast team at Ibrox questions need to be asked and you cant expect to win a league.

But i`ll say Beating Warsaw to qualify as my win, and absolutely battering the dhims 0-0 with chopped off goal, hitting the woodwork and a cheating referee stopping the win.

Legia - gives us more money to compete and European football again.

A defeat on Sunday won't define the season.

mentally challengeds, this is the season for 55, not counting on money for future windows.

Still think we will win both though.

That’s so insanely naive that I honestly don’t know if you’re trolling or not.

I'd say Legia is more important, we need to have constant european football and the money/glamour brings.

However, if you take a second to think how you would feel come monday depending on the outcomes. If we win on Sunday but get beat on Thursday then i know on Monday i would feel better than the opposite scenario.

Let's just win them both!

Getting off to a good start against the mhanks is vital. A good show against Legia leading to a loss would be easier to take than the same happening against the mhanks.

We need to plant self doubt into their tiny minds as early as possible- so pump the poets convincingly and watch them suffer for 2 weeks without having a game to prepare for - Lennon would be put under immense pressure as would their signing policy and this is something they cannot handle- the pressure of Rangers sitting at the top of the league 3 points clear is an early statement of intent.

I think the league is still our primary focus - in fact, of that there is no doubt. A win against Celtic on Sunday would be a must.
Absolutely this the priority is winning the league- which brings qualification to the champions league next season

How would you feel if we qualified for europa group stages but finished the league 1 or 2 points behind them due to losing Sunday’s game? This is the possible reality you face when you choose to pick when to drop points against the poets

The bookies have us at 4/9 to beat Legia and 7/5 to beat the filth and I’m confidently having a decent wager on the double. Stevie G won’t pick and choose and neither should we. Just do it Rangers!

I'm amazed at anybody picking the bheast game as the priority to win. Fail to eliminate Legia=out and about £8/10m lost. Lose to Celtic =34 games left.
Last season after 4 matches, we had 5 points, 7th in league, 4 points behind Celtic, 7 behind Hearts.
This season, if we lose to them, 9 points, 2nd in league, 3 points behind Celtic.

I understand the question and none of us want to lose any game of course, but the logical answer has to be Thursday, horrible thought as it is to not win on Sunday.

As an aside it amazes me how teams in England happily more or less throw away participation in the FA and League Cups.

Scum game.

I would be gutted to get knocked out of the EL.

However, if we win on Sunday we go three points clear. Losing on Thursday means that we'd have no Thursday EL games. Timmy will probably get into the group stage.

That means that having gone 3 points clear in the league, we'd be playing first most weekends. We would also have fresher legs than them.

We would soon become favourites for the title. That is the real prize.

I don't doubt that we can still win the title even with EL group stage football.

Hate these hypothetical questions but if it came down to either/or then it has to be Sunday.
I don't want us losing any ground in the league- especially not to them. We need to create a gap.
We do that and the pressure is on them, no longer top & their confidence will take a hit.

Chose legia as its a 1 off cup game a draw at home to the vermin ain't end of the world or a defeat as we can still get them over 38 games

We need to keep our run of beating the puddle drinkers at our place going ,but we also need to progress in Europe so I'm going for the double win this week .

Thursday is the most important game of the season so far as it allows us access to finance beyond anything that's possible in Scotland
The business model we follow will be a success if we qualify
We play four games against celtic so opportunities to get points during the season
Thursday is a winner takes all game

Ok, depressing thread time.

For the record I think we can win both games this week.

However, IF you had to choose, would you want progression against Legia or Old Firm glory?
Actually baffled so many people have said legia. The league comes first. Regardless of how great it is for us being in Europe

Take progress in europe and a draw on Sunday personally.

The money from a european run is worth more than a win over them at this stage.

We have all season to put them in their place.

Whys the money important? To try and win the league obviously. So win the money but lose crucial matches that will have a say in the league title anyway? The game on Sunday is much more imprtant for me but anyway it doesn't need to be one or the other. Mon the gers. Massive week

How? surely beating them 4-0 in 90minutes is the best scenario
But the question from the op was if we could only win one which one so my scenario puts us through in Europe and as I said we beat the tims, hopefully by the 4-0 result I’m thinking you want us to beat Legia by.

Legia game for me. We need European football and it’s a must win game. We can come back from a defeat on Sunday.

We NEED to beat them
We need to beat the tims , as mentioned we can draw 0-0 and still go through against Legia, as long as we keep clean sheets against both we won’t be far away from achieving certain goals that all of us would have given our right bollock for at the start of the season

I'd take £12m knowing we're only 3 points behind them, I see the other side of it that beat them and momentum continues and the slide and infighting heightens with the beasts.
It's still the Legia game though every day of the week
Would you take the 12mill if you were to finish 2 points behind them in the league? Group stages aye perfect but 55 is the mother of all wins. I think we have enough to win both in fairness.

I would take a win v Legia and a draw on Sunday if offered.

If we had to win one and lose one then I would rather win on Sunday.

Legia for sure, we have one chance of getting a £10 million cash injection whereas if we were beat/drew by Celtic there is still a chance for us to win the league with it being so early in the season. A lot of people aren't thinking of the big picture.

I still want both teams pumped, that's for sure.

We need to win Thursday. The other would be a sore one but not the end of the world.

I think it will be the other way around though. Beat Thursday (sadly) and win Sunday.

I’m amazed people think three points with 34 games left is more important than another guaranteed £15m in the bank.

I honestly can’t get my head around it.

Interesting split in the voting . I was torn myself before plumping for beating Legia simply because I don’t define their “9” or “10” in a row bid as real , the first 6 were uncontested . I’m looking at the bigger picture for our club and the finance and prestige the group stages bring .

Plus we could still make it back in the league , if it’s meant to be .
For the same reasons as above I would want a victory on Thursday more than on Sunday.

Tims all day long. Want them rattled from the get go.

Don't think it can be overstated just how big a season this is. Doing the 9 was amazing but staring down the barrel of them doing it is another kettle of fish.

Win on Sunday, move three points clear and never look back.

I’m amazed people think three points with 34 games left is more important than another guaranteed £15m in the bank.

I honestly can’t get my head around it.

Maybe because many Football fans don't really give a monkeys about "Money in the bank" ?

I don't think it's wrong to state the league is the priority this year.

And if you do care about money that much, the biggest pot of gold available to us is by qualifying for the Champions League which we can only do by winning our league here.

Rangers is all about winning trophies, so Sunday for me. But obviously I'd take both.

Simple enough answer for me. We MUST go through on Thursday. To come through 7 matches and 3.5 qualifying rounds to throw it away in the last 90 minutes would be massively disappointing. There is also too much money at stake.

Beating Legia will have an impact on this season and probably next season also with with financial boost it would give.

We beat the scum twice at Ibrox last season and it made no difference since our principle failing was bad results against the other SPL teams.

We can respond to a defeat on Sunday and if that response is good enough we can turn it around.
Lose or score draw tomorrow night and Europe is over for the season PLUS the money is gone.

Getting that money in the bank will go a long way to helping us get 55.
3 points on Sunday? It'll help but it's no good if we end up dropping those 3 elsewhere.
The European money will go towards making sure we don't drop those daft points.

Beginning of season we all thought it would be difficult to get to Euro league stage again, so league was priority. Still the same, euro is a bonus. Cant see why we cant win both with squad we have though. Tough but do-able.

The Legia game is the more important game at the moment IMO.

Losing at home v Celtic would be a blow but we’re only 4 games into the season, there’s plenty of time to pull those 3 points back.

Losing in the Europa and losing a potential £14/15million would impact us quite a bit.

Maybe because many Football fans don't really give a monkeys about "Money in the bank" ?

I don't think it's wrong to state the league is the priority this year.

And if you do care about money that much, the biggest pot of gold available to us is by qualifying for the Champions League which we can only do by winning our league here.

Rangers is all about winning trophies, so Sunday for me. But obviously I'd take both.

Qualifying for the Champions League is far from a given even if we win the league though, you talk as if we stroll straight into the group stages which we clearly don’t.

We’ll see how little you care about ‘money in the bank’ when we’re looking to strengthen in January or when we’re fighting Ashley and Sports Direct in the summer where our retail division will be severely hampered.

After all these years, after everything that’s happened, for fans on here to turn round and say that three points against Celtic with another 102 to play for is worth more than another guaranteed £15m in the bank is just incredible.

Sunday is of massive importance, but Thursday is essentially a £15m playoff that we simply HAVE to win.

Back