If you were a Spurs fan would you want to lose tonight?

Happy to lose?

• Yes

Votes: 281 41.3%
  • No

Votes: 400 58.7%

• Total voters
They still have a chance of CL football so there should be no debate. You would want your team to win.

If nothing to play for, then perhaps it would be a consideration but I’d still in all honestly probably want my team to win
100% no and if it were to happen up here it would still be no, we play to win and the day we stop doing so is the day we loss our moral standards

Had we not had that fa cup win in January there I'd be panicking more about tonight than I really am. We've broken that thing about the spurs ground being a cursed place for us. Not that I think it actually matters all that much anyway. We're on a mad unbeaten run and are at the stage of the season now where we rarely slip up. Spurs are a bit all over the place as well so it's hard to not be confident as a blue of going there to win. Doubt the spurs players or fat %^*& of a boss will give a toss about how a win for them will boost arsenal. They've got their own league situation to work for still so we'll have to be at our best to win. And if we do, we'll we have to be heavy favourites with West ham at home on Sunday. Its an absolute must win though tonight and on paper we're significantly better side.

I get it but it'd basically be admitting that Arsenal are on a different level and all you have to offer as their rivals is to lie down to a team to do the harm you're not capable of inflicting yourself.

Not a great look, is it?

There is a massive prize for Spurs fans, sticking the middle finger up to Arsenal, its football rivalry they dont like each other.
Thanks I didn't realise that.

Imagine losing tonight and then City draw next game and Arsenal win next game. What a comfort blanket that will be next season for Spurs fans. Mind that time we missed out on CL money and let City win so that Arsenal still won the league...

I don't think we tried too hard v Hearts at Ibrox the year they got pipped at the post with the manks.
I felt that day at Ibrox most of the fans were on board with it too.

Thanks I didn't realise that.

Imagine losing tonight and then City draw next game and Arsenal win next game. What a comfort blanket that will be next season for Spurs fans. Mind that time we missed out on CL money and let City win so that Arsenal still won the league...
Imagine this imagine that, what about this or what about that, maybe there will be one or two Spurs fans on here that will tell us their views i would not criticise them if they are happy to lose cos i know i would if we were not winning it and it handed Hearts/Hibs/Aberdeen the title.

I get it but it'd basically be admitting that Arsenal are on a different level and all you have to offer as their rivals is to lie down to a team to do the harm you're not capable of inflicting yourself.

Not a great look, is it?
This is the same set of fans that after a good start to the season where phoning up the phone ins asking why can’t they win the league? Few months later they are cheering on their team to lose and willing to throw away the chance to play at the top table in Europe next season.

Tim behaviour - lying down to a weak Aberdeen side.

You go out to win every game.
So last game of the season for us is away to Hearts.
Let’s talk Hypothetically, we can’t win the league it’s either the Tim’s or Hearts, Hearts beat us then they are champs, we win or draw them we hand the title to that Mob.
In that situation do you want us to win what for us is a meaningless game?

Imagine this imagine that, what about this or what about that, maybe there will be one or two Spurs fans on here that will tell us their views i would not criticise them if they are happy to lose cos i know i would if we were not winning it and it handed Hearts/Hibs/Aberdeen the title.
And lost us millions in CL money?

So last game of the season for us is away to Hearts.
Let’s talk Hypothetically, we can’t win the league it’s either the Tim’s or Hearts, Hearts beat us then they are champs, we win or draw them we hand the title to that Mob.
In that situation do you want us to win what for us is a meaningless game?
we win or draw we get millions in CL money, we don't and we lose all that money and they still get CL money regardless? tremendous idea

Only other time I can think of was when Liverpool played Blackburn. Sure Liverpool won Redknapp scored in the game IIRC and Utd won the league?

Yeah as mentioned later on Blackburn still won the league as United didn't win.
If my memory is correct the majority of Liverpool fans didn't celebrate the goal as they thought they'd handed the league to Man Utd.

I want the shettlestons to win fuk all
Me too...but as someone who has only supported Rangers for 55 years, I have never wanted my team to lose any game. Rangers first and Rangers always. Any real Spurs fan would want their team to win every game too! what are they going to do if Spurs score...boo??? However, as a few others have said, they will live with it if they don't.

If it stopped the Paedos winning the title I would definitely be prepared for us to lose a game. Surely that’s a given ffs.

It's not equivalent as we genuinely challenge for the title most years (to an extent!) and have a say in where it ends up. Spurs are like the snottery-beaked cousin that gets ignored so wants to spite the others.

No point in suggesting a similar scenario up here as it would never happen but it is different for Spurs fans who still have an outside chance of reaching CL with 2 wins and a Villa defeat.

City win and the league is all but theirs.

City drop points and the league is all but Arsenals.

As a fan, could you ever want your team to lose?
I dont think Spurs will offer much they are rotten now under Postecoglu and have been found out.

Looking at the table if Spurs lose this tonight and the weekend they could fall to 7th and could finish level on points with Chelsea who have had a horrendous season.

The shame of lying down would last a lot longer than a Peasant title win.

That mob did it against Aberdeen and Hearts to stop us gaining a CL spot.

Its inferiority-complex ridden behaviour.

If it meant we missed out on CL money?
Doesn't mean as much to Spurs really in the grand scheme of things the CL money, they already make hundreds of millions per year and will make a fortune in the Europa league with jam packed sold out stadium every match. Us finishing second never ever guarantees CL money, we usually lose in the qualifiers.

Doesn't mean as much to Spurs really in the grand scheme of things the CL money, they already make hundreds of millions per year and will make a fortune in the Europa league with jam packed sold out stadium every match. Us finishing second never ever guarantees CL money, we usually lose in the qualifiers.
well done for missing the point of the thread

The point is if I was a spurs fan I wouldnt be taking into consideration champions league money.
so rather than play in the premier European competition you'd rather play in Europa, given the finances a Spurs team would have? Lose today and they have the potential of dropping out of Europe all together. But at least they gave Man City 3 points, that'll keep them happy as they tune in next season during midweek.

so rather than play in the premier European competition you'd rather play in Europa, given the finances a Spurs team would have? Lose today and they have the potential of dropping out of Europe all together. But at least they gave Man City 3 points, that'll keep them happy as they tune in next season during midweek.
If it meant their arch rivals winning the league was the alternative for a season then yes.

I would also look at the build oxo tits is doing and suggest Champions League football might be a year or two to soon.

If it meant their arch rivals winning the league was the alternative for a season then yes.

I would also look at the build oxo tits is doing and suggest Champions League football might be a year or two to soon.
a loser attitude
I want my team to do the best for itself and if that meant our rivals winning the league and we get Europe then so be it.
Losing out on Europe for a season is short sighted imo

Totally different in this scenario. Arsenal not won the league in 20 years and not like Spurs will need to 'lie down' to lose to this City team.

Had we not had that fa cup win in January there I'd be panicking more about tonight than I really am. We've broken that thing about the spurs ground being a cursed place for us. Not that I think it actually matters all that much anyway. We're on a mad unbeaten run and are at the stage of the season now where we rarely slip up. Spurs are a bit all over the place as well so it's hard to not be confident as a blue of going there to win. Doubt the spurs players or fat %^*& of a boss will give a toss about how a win for them will boost arsenal. They've got their own league situation to work for still so we'll have to be at our best to win. And if we do, we'll we have to be heavy favourites with West ham at home on Sunday. Its an absolute must win though tonight and on paper we're significantly better side.

Presume you'll be watching our game then switching over the the wee match v Spurs?

I mean if we can win by 7.......then the pressure is right on that lot tomorrow......

a loser attitude
I want my team to do the best for itself and if that meant our rivals winning the league and we get Europe then so be it.
Losing out on Europe for a season is short sighted imo
That's fine, your entitled to the opinion you see fit.

Our local rivals winning the league btw would gain them £30m, if we had to win to have a chance of second, to then play an ECL qualifier and probably lose like we usually do would your opinion still be the same?

No point in suggesting a similar scenario up here as it would never happen but it is different for Spurs fans who still have an outside chance of reaching CL with 2 wins and a Villa defeat.

City win and the league is all but theirs.

City drop points and the league is all but Arsenals.

As a fan, could you ever want your team to lose?
I think you are better asking sheep fans as they always seem to lose when it suits them.
Joking aside ( I'm not btw) Spurs have to go for it European Football a must for the bigger clubs in EPL

That's fine, your entitled to the opinion you see fit.

Our local rivals winning the league btw would gain them £30m, if we had to win to have a chance of second, to then play an ECL qualifier and probably lose like we usually do would your opinion still be the same?
Yes as i have have greater confidence in our team

This really. I would never want Rangers to lose but if they did and it meant the jungles lost out on something, so be it. I certainly wouldn’t want Rangers to go in to any game not aiming to win.
Regarding Rangers it's not even about being staunch if you hoped we got beat.If say we won a game and it meant the manky mob won the league,champions league riches etc.it could be more beneficial to us if we didn't win.

Who's mentioning lying down? It's about would you want your team to lose.
The Spurs situation is a no brainer.
If it was us in exact situation of course I want us to win if we still have something to gain.
If we had nothing to gain in a dead rubber for us I'm absolutely not wanting to win.

If they win next two they could get champions league if villa lose at the weekend so why would they, I don’t think they hate arsenal more than they love their own team.

They still have a chance of CL football so there should be no debate. You would want your team to win.

If nothing to play for, then perhaps it would be a consideration but I’d still in all honestly probably want my team to win
This all day long.

Seeing Spurs fans say they would rather have no Champions League football if it means Arsenal dont win the league.

I hope Spurs draw now and Arsenal win the league on goal difference and Spurs miss out on UCL.

The idea that Spurs will take anything other than a hammering from City is laughable. This being framed as if Spurs have a choice in the matter!

we win or draw we get millions in CL money, we don't and we lose all that money and they still get CL money regardless? tremendous idea
I didn’t mention CL money though.
In my Hypothetical scenario only Hearts or the Tims can win it which pretty much means we have no chance of CL money since we aren’t going to win it.

It’s a long shot for Spurs to get Champs league even if they do win tonight.
It still won’t be in their hands and they will need Villa to drop points

I like Arsenal (closest I have to a "second team"), want them to win the league. Turn it on its head, the Gunners are rooting for Spurs tonight! Imagine us rooting for the mhanies. They'd never let it happen.
Anyway, Mon the Spurs! (I'll still be watching the Rangers game).

I am a Spurs fan and I want City to win. Not remotely arsed about finishing 4th if it wins Arsenal the title.

Most Spurs fans I know feel the same.

Back