If you were offered a ticket in the Celtic end for the SCF, would you, could you?

Aragorn

I doubt if I could keep my emotions in check should we score, even a little squeak would give the game away.

Nearest I have ever come to this was many years ago travelling from Inverness to Hampden for a Glasgow Cup Final on the Celtic Supporters bus as the Rangers one was booked out...My mate and I were outed en route, warned not to even think about using it to get home and ended up finally arriving back the next morning via Aberdeen by train.

So re a ticket...its probably a No from me.

Not a chance.

Sit silent the whole time? Look suspicious. Be in with them if they score / win.

Absolutely mental.

Watch it in the boozer with fellow bears.

I actually got offered use of a ST by a colleague/mate for the post split game if it had fallen on week 2, as he was away on holiday. Politely declined.

I could possibly, just about manage to stifle my delight if we were to score, but there's no way I could celebrate one of theirs convincingly.

Tis a fool's errand.

I doubt if I could keep my emotions in check should we score, even a little squeak would give the game away.

Nearest I have ever come to this was many years ago travelling from Inverness to Hampden for a Glasgow Cup Final on the Celtic Supporters bus as the Rangers one was booked out...My mate and I were outed en route, warned not to even think about using it to get home and ended up finally arriving back the next morning via Aberdeen by train.

Even that was fucking mental.

Everyone on a supporters bus knows each other. A strange face would stick out a mile.

Did it once back in the early 80s when they won the league cup 2 1. Never again.

Even that was fucking mental.

Everyone on a supporters bus knows each other. A strange face would stick out a mile.
We are talking 1975, just a bus commandeered by the Green variety to take fans down rather than an official supporters club.

But yes, in retrospect was fucking mental.

Absolutely no chance, apart from it being a totally stupid idea that would ruin the whole day if we won because i couldn't celebrate or even look remotely happy, I would run a serious risk of being identified and booted up and down the east stand, no thanks, be watching it in the house with a cargo if I don't get sorted for a ticket.

Not a chance.

The joy of slaying the yahoos is the wild celebrations when we score and at the end after we’ve won.

Plus, don’t forget the smell of unwashed underwear and jakey pish on their clothes. I’d stick out a mile with my breathing apparatus on :))

Last edited:
I would question any passionate Bear as to why they would even want to contemplate this? Why hold your emotions, be in among people abusing your team's players and your fellow fans?
If we win, you can't celebrate. If not, you've to be around them.

It's not like the old days when the only way to watch the game live was to attend.
Find a bar that is friendly, watch with friends on TV where you can show you passion etc. Sit in the house on your own even. Much, much better than sitting in with them.

I just would never put myself through that.

No. Don’t understand why anyone would want to tbh.

Watched an OF in a boozer in Largs before. Got in just before KO and turned out it was mostly their mob that was in the pub. Was a Piggery game and think Alan Thomson scored a winner near the end.

That was bad enough never mind being in the stadium surrounded with them.

I was a lad at the time (1971). I wanted to go to the Final. For some reason I couldn't go to the Rangers end. I went to the first game and replay. My dad wasn't pleased. I just went. I can't remember the circumstances. I don't even know if the game was all ticket (the replay wouldn't have been). At that age it didn't bother me. I couldn't do it now.

Last edited:

Not a chance in hell. The thought of sptyong amongst that lot listening to their songs I'd enough to make me sick.

Imagine sitting amongst them all as they're giving it at the IRA'oke, blessing themselves before they eat a pie etc.

Fcuk that.

• Haha
Reactions: VGM
Absolutely not.
I don't think I could keep my emotions in check and would end up being lifted by the polis. I don't have a violent temper but would just want to lamp one of them in that environment. And the thought of spending at least 90 minutes of my life with the stench of shit and piss invading my nostrils, it's a no from me.
Scum.

Pub with a pint and like minded bears or sitting among them, well that's a right tough one.

I was a lad at the time (1971). I wanted to go to the Final. For some reason I couldn't go to the Rangers end. I went to the first game and replay. My dad wasn't pleased. I just went. I can't remember the circumstances. I don't even know if the game was all ticket (the replay wouldn't have been). At that age it didn't bother me. I couldn't do it now.
Couldn’t you just climb the fence in those days into the Rangers end ? My dad has told me he don that a few times early 70’s after only being able to get their end . Said plenty were doing it .

Not a chance in hell. How could you enjoy it? How could u show support for your team?

I’d rather sit in a bar amongst our own. I have only done it the once last year away to Liverpool that I sat in the home end at anfield. I thought it wouldn’t be too bad as a European game. I Lasted 30 mins couldn’t do it any longer. Left and went to the pub.

Don’t think I’ll ever do it again. If I can’t get a ticket for rangers end I’ll sit in a bar and watch it among my own

If that would have been one of our buses I’d like to have thought the bus would have been stopped and said scum thrown out somewhere

Back