If you were offered a ticket in the Celtic end for the SCF, would you, could you?

Been there. Seen it. Done it.

3rd May, 1999

Upper tier, opposite Main Stain - Jock Stein Stand?
Ticket courtesy of Brian Scott

Bastards 0-3 Rangers

Was at that and Helicopter Sunday.

Had I been in the Rangers end for both of them, I'd be unable to choose my favourite.

But being in the scum end on that night made it better than every other trophy clinching game that I've been to. It was glorious.

(If we're wanting to include cups, the Lovenkrands final comes very close. That's one of the best football matches I've seen played anywhere. Barry Ferguson's performance was peak Souness level. Wasn't in their end, but what a treat that would've been!)

I doubt if I could keep my emotions in check should we score, even a little squeak would give the game away.

Nearest I have ever come to this was many years ago travelling from Inverness to Hampden for a Glasgow Cup Final on the Celtic Supporters bus as the Rangers one was booked out...My mate and I were outed en route, warned not to even think about using it to get home and ended up finally arriving back the next morning via Aberdeen by train.

So re a ticket...its probably a No from me.
Have done it for some of the other SPL clubs in the league but I don’t think I could do it for an Old Firm at all.

The nearest I came was having to pick up tickets from the office at Parkhead before a game there
I was with my two boys who were about 16 and 12 at the time
We parked outside London Road police station and walked with colours hidden. I ushered my lads through the police cordon and told them to wait.
Stood in a queue inside the ticket office feeling more and more uneasy
Got to the front and said quietly - got tickets to pick up from the commercial director - and gave my name.
The c@nt behind the counter raked through a box and returned saying ‘oh, aye, the ones for the hun end’ smirking while he tossed them through the glass partition
I’ve never moved so quickly in my life.
Got punched twice reached the police cordon where I had to show my scarf from under my jacket to get through
Back covered in spit

So, the answer is a definite NO!

I got offered corporate at the piggery.

unlimited booze and food.

still told them to ram it. Absolutely no way I’d sit in amongst the manky hordes.

Watched a game v them during the McLeish era in the only pub showing it locally - 1 mouthy mick and 6 or 7 bears - we lost, knew we would lose and frankly it was crap - would never even think about doing it again

I can't watch a OF game in the house or pub with relatives that support that mob. I could never stand amongst them at a game.

No. Don’t understand why anyone would want to tbh.

Watched an OF in a boozer in Largs before. Got in just before KO and turned out it was mostly their mob that was in the pub. Was a Piggery game and think Alan Thomson scored a winner near the end.

That was bad enough never mind being in the stadium surrounded with them.
Think that was in 2001-watched that game in a bar in Barcelona which was full of them-must have been the Barcelona CSC :(

I just don’t see the point. Going to the game is meant to be fun. That wouldn’t be. Just watch it on tv.

Reactions: VGM
Not a chance in hell. How could you enjoy it? How could u show support for your team?

I’d rather sit in a bar amongst our own. I have only done it the once last year away to Liverpool that I sat in the home end at anfield. I thought it wouldn’t be too bad as a European game. I Lasted 30 mins couldn’t do it any longer. Left and went to the pub.

Don’t think I’ll ever do it again. If I can’t get a ticket for rangers end I’ll sit in a bar and watch it among my own
Clap with your fucking hands in your pockets

Don't understand how any Bear could be in amongst them full stop, never mind watching Rangers. I know there's a few folk at Ibrox who the only time they open their mouth is to slate a Rangers player, so they'd probably have no issues with it. I couldn't even contemplate it.

Does anyone remember the John Collins free kick game at Ibrox where Celtic fans were banned?

A few of their lot had infiltrated and after that goal one of their fans stood up and screamed, then started punching anything around him before the polis lifted him.

No. I did watch an Oldfirm game in an Irish bar in Coventry once though as it was the only place showing it. It was like watching it in fckn H Block in the Maze Prison.

We won 2-0 though, the game Vignal and Novo scored at Parkhead. I didn't dare react to the goals but just stood drinking in the misery.

Was in the Celtc end of the main stand at Hampden for the 1969 SCF. Place was full of priests, I think they got in for nothing at that time.

Done it once when I was a wee guy, managed to keep quiet until Super scored an equaliser, turns out there was quite a few bears amongst them :D

I doubt if I could keep my emotions in check should we score, even a little squeak would give the game away.

Nearest I have ever come to this was many years ago travelling from Inverness to Hampden for a Glasgow Cup Final on the Celtic Supporters bus as the Rangers one was booked out...My mate and I were outed en route, warned not to even think about using it to get home and ended up finally arriving back the next morning via Aberdeen by train.

So re a ticket...its probably a No from me.
I would walk 500 miles to obtain a SCF ticket.
But No Way on God's earth would I stand or sit in beside that shower of soap dodging. , peado enabled , rancid cnuts. PS I'm not one of the Proclaimers.....

Is it possible to go behind enemy lines with the scum?

We have normal eyebrows (two of them) we have no resemblance to potatos, we wash and don't smell, we dress in clothes not exclusively a unwashed and manky football top and we talk about work and don't have beedy wee eyes

Sat in amongst Hibs fans at Easter Road and we scored at the death to win 2-1. No idea how I managed to contain myself. Dude a few rows behind cheered and had coins and pies thrown at him

If I was offered a ticket at their end I’d take it, then either sell it on for a large profit or leave it unused

No, I wouldn't take a ticket for the match, if I knew it was for their end!
However, me & a mate were unsuccessful in our clubs ballot for the 1989 Scottish Cup final v them but we managed to get tickets, which we only collected the night before the game - after travelling over!
It wasn't until the next morning, I was checking to see where tickets were for & was shocked to discover we were in centre of Main Stand (complimentary tickets) but seated just towards 'celtic side' of stand at Hampden.
Not sure what to do, we decided to go, as we thought should be ok if in complimentary seats & we also had arranged for lift on a supporters bus after the game, to catch ferry home!
I don't recall any segregation in complimentary seats as we were seated beside various players from other clubs!
A bad day with a 1-0 defeat.
Definitely wouldn't take a ticket for a 100% celtic end!

Would only be worth it when the game is finished, the stands are empty around you and you can whip off your jacket and raise the union flag that was stuffed underneath as tav goes up to get the cup

Back