If you were offered a ticket in the Celtic end for the SCF, would you, could you?

No way I could do it.

Don't worry if we score, just celebrate as normal. They will tell you 'just support your team son' according to Graham Spiers.

I'd be recognised by someone no doubt, but it's so hard. I got recognised in the Dundee Utd end at Tannadice once and advised just to sit quiet and I'd be ok.
Not the same but when we won the league at tannadice 90 when Trever Steven scored . Was only 14 and cops kicked me out right at the end once we won and everybody was celebrating . Ran round and got into Rangers end

I can understand it when the games were not on tv but nowadays you would need to be off your nut to do something like this, especially now that stadiums are all seated.

Get this idea in the bin.

No. Done it once when we beat them 3-1, the Broadfoot penalty game. It’s a lot easier to keep your emotions in check then you’d think when you’re in a stand of 10k of them who’d rip you apart if you celebrated

Stay well away from ever going in with them.
You will definitely regret it.
I was in the hibs end when Souness got sent off in his first game. I was desperate to see it, you can never relax.
Was also in the directors box at the piggery when we won 0-1 and more or less confirmed 9 in-a-row. I cannot describe the pain they were in, only me, the misses and our directors giving it large at the final whistle but over all another horrible experience.
how did you manage to get in their directors box

One of my dad’s favourite stories he tells is the time he had to go in the Celtic end at a scf in the 70s. He went to the match with 2 of his pals one a time and one a united fan. They had 3 tickets 1 for the neutral section and 2 for behind the goal in their end.

Anyway the Arab would go in the Celtic end so with 1 min till kick off my dad said %^*& it I’m not missing the game.

He then describes it as the most uncomfortable experience of his life. This was in the days when everyone took in carry outs and everyone was pished. His heart sank every time that lot went near our goal cause he’d have those smelly bastards jumping all over him and if he wasn’t celebrating they’d wonder why the %^*& not. Same when Rangers are on the attack he’s willing us to score but at the same time fearful that he just wouldn’t be able to not go mental like we all do anytime we score against them.

Thankfully for him it ended up 0-0 and he lived to fight another day but in his words never fucking ever will I do that again!

I can understand it when the games were not on tv but nowadays you would need to be off your nut to do something like this, especially now that stadiums are all seated.

Get this idea in the bin.
No way I could do it.
Met a bird at dancing and was seeing her , turned out she's a pap but hot ( uncle once said they're for practicing on son ) . Any way got invited to a family doo , night before we played them at Ibrox . Talking about the game , and they were talking about where to watch it . I said i was going , how did you get a ticket ? One asked .'I said I've a season ticket . Was told to leave and as they say that was that
Don't worry if we score, just celebrate as normal. They will tell you 'just support your team son' according to Graham Spiers.

My mate got a ticket for their end the time we pumped them 4-2 with Kuznetsov scoring twice.
He decided to go in a wee bit after the start in case he got recognised by local poets and he said as he was going in plenty were already coming out!!

how did you manage to get in their directors box
Through my misses business at the time, we got invited by Scottish Brewers. The bit I always remember was going back into the lounge after the final whistle and bobby lennox was entertaining some of that lot at the table behind us. One of them asked him how he felt, he said most defeats or bad performances didn’t bother him too much but today he was absolutely gutted.
I remember just loving it and sitting smiling at everyone but the price I had to pay was entering that plastic, infested shit hole which stands for everything I despise.
It was amazing to watch out fans going tonto when we scored though.

Awe, never in a million years, that would be like winning that big Patio Set and Speedboat on Bullseye, when you stay at the top o' a multi-story.

I did it at Ibrox when I was about 15. I was with them supporting family members. Rangers won 3-0 It would have been about 1972. My future B-i-l had a black and blue arm from me squeezing his arm trying not to shout. It did have something in feeling the pain around me though.

Was in the Celtc end of the main stand at Hampden for the 1969 SCF. Place was full of priests, I think they got in for nothing at that time.

They did get in for free at the piggery. I think it was Fergus McCann that put an end to it. Ive heard McAvennie refer to them as " the row of crows" before on a podcast.

Would never even consider it.

I often have to work when OF games are on. Working and watching/listening to the game in mixed company is terrible, never mind sitting in amongst them during a game.

Not a chance.

Only recent experience I have of being in the away need for a game was against Liverpool in the Champions League a couple of years ago. Surrounded by scousers who were singing songs about the late HM The Queen was not my idea of fun.

Been in the other teams end a few times years ago but don’t think I could go in their end . There’s more of a chance of getting recognised than say Pittodrie , Easter Rd etc

Not a chance. I wouldn’t risk it. I’d be found out within minutes for smelling of imperial-leather and being simply too handsome.

Grandmaster Suck's done it, I remember him posting about it years ago :D

Celebrated when we wen't ahead as well, promptly shunted into the Rangers end by a steward if I recall correctly haha.

Bad enough seeing the deranged bitter bigoted hating protestant British bassas twisted comments all over the internet!

To pay and sit amongst them would have to be a form of self harm or loss of a forfeit?

Even that was fucking mental.

Everyone on a supporters bus knows each other. A strange face would stick out a mile.
Was a bit different back in those days for the Guys up North. I remember our bus being in Auchterarder, quick stop for Fish & Chips or bevy depending on your age, in rolls a bus of smellys from the East Coast and a bit of a stand off develops, in rolls another bus of smellys and the East Coasters get very bold till they realise it's a bus from the same town as us, our mates and they were siding with us, skirmish over!!

As I currently have to cross the road/change aisles in supermarket when I see one, lest my carefully controlled green-tinged torretts escapes, that'd be a No from me.

In fact I'd go as far as to say if the options were "take ticket or your next shite will be a porcupine" I'd stock up on loo roll.

I don’t even like being on same bus or train as one of them. I don’t even like their away fans being in our stadium, so no I couldn’t do it

Been in their end twice mid eighties, couldn’t do it now, plus don’t own a Palestinian flag.
Likewise, sitting next to a guy who we met in the Enclosure the very next week.

Us scoring is bad. Them scoring is worse. Worst of all is a close thing for us when you react.

Been a couple of times.Both in 92-93 (hospitality and stand).
Also been trackside as a photographer's assistant.l -which was real fun.
I would probably do it on my own.Doing it with more than one would be a big ask.

Went with a mate to pick up his book must have been about 11-12. Not being smart enough to ask him what book it was I decided to go with him. Ended up it was his season book at the scum ticket office. 2 minutes in I was told “you’re not one of us” so I highly doubt I would chance it again!

One of my dad’s favourite stories he tells is the time he had to go in the Celtic end at a scf in the 70s. He went to the match with 2 of his pals one a time and one a united fan. They had 3 tickets 1 for the neutral section and 2 for behind the goal in their end.

Anyway the Arab would go in the Celtic end so with 1 min till kick off my dad said %^*& it I’m not missing the game.

He then describes it as the most uncomfortable experience of his life. This was in the days when everyone took in carry outs and everyone was pished. His heart sank every time that lot went near our goal cause he’d have those smelly bastards jumping all over him and if he wasn’t celebrating they’d wonder why the %^*& not. Same when Rangers are on the attack he’s willing us to score but at the same time fearful that he just wouldn’t be able to not go mental like we all do anytime we score against them.

Thankfully for him it ended up 0-0 and he lived to fight another day but in his words never fucking ever will I do that again!
I'm sure you could just walk round to the Rangers end in those days?

My Dad somehow ended up in the scum end in the 1969 SCF, the one we lost 4-0 and they scored in the first minute.

Some guy asked him why are you no singing Jimmy. My dad under his breath "I don't know the bloody words"

132000 at that game BTW.

Anyway naw I couldn't.

My mate did it for the mars bar throwing at their directors box in the 90s, thought he had got away with it until he discovered post match the rhat behind him had burned a hole in his jacket with a lighter, he was in their main stand.

I have done it twice both times at Parkhead. First time Mark Hately scored 2 and we won 2-0. The second time was when we won 9 in a row. I was leaving just as McCann scored the third goal. It was the last time I was at Parkhead and will never go back. The atmosphere was poisonous.

Never been in their in , been in most other ends in SPL including Aberdeen , it’s only awkward when the opposition score , majority of the time I’ve moved to an area of the stand that there’s nobody within rows and seats of me

Back