I'm looking forwards to seeing what the gaffer can do

Need a midfield general. Ross Barkley may fancy the challenge. If we dont address this they will win the league next year.
Need to be patient with Clement.

Last edited:
I fear the rebuild is way too big for us to be successful next season.

It will probably mean the right steps are being taken, question is how far will it take us, and how much time will he get.

A disgraceful situation to be in from a “best in class” board.
I think he'll need 3 transfer windows to get the squad close to what he'll want. Whether he gets the time for that depends entirely on where we are in relation to the yahoos. If they get off to a flyer next season and we see ourselves 6 points behind after the first round of games, the patience of the support will be tested.
Bottom line is, we can't keep churning through managers - he really has to be given the chance, even if it's painful at the start.

It will probably mean the right steps are being taken, question is how far will it take us, and how much time will he get.

A disgraceful situation to be in from a “best in class” board.
Completely agree with that.

It isn't 'chucking next season' either. It's just where we are. Clement isn't to blame, the new players that arrive aren't to blame. The blame fully goes on the board for the predicament we're in from where we were 3 years ago.

And your point is?

They've just won the fecking league, which guaranteed CL monies, that are bigger than ever, and you think PC winning more points over the filth matters?

You must have been the Dux in Stupid School.

My point is if he continues to gain more points than Celtic he will win the league, as that is how leagues work

I think he's the right man and deserves time to build his team but there's no doubt that in the last few months he has got some big calls wrong on team selection, tactics and substitutions...especially against the bheast.
There will obviously be a massive clear-out of serial losers over the summer and recruitment is massive. Get it wrong and we are facing another painful season.

However, there are two things I'm watching for that I think will determine if Clement will go onto be successful at Rangers. Firstly, team selection and performance in the cup final. Another pitiful capitulation by the usual suspects will set alarm bells ringing. Secondly, the captaincy, change it for next season and put in place fresh leadership for the good of all. Butland, Sterling or a transfer target, I don't mind but change it. Enough is enough.

I think he's the right man and deserves time to build his team but there's no doubt that in the last few months he has got some big calls wrong on team selection, tactics and substitutions...especially against the bheast.
There will obviously be a massive clear-out of serial losers over the summer and recruitment is massive. Get it wrong and we are facing another painful season.

However, there are two things I'm watching for that I think will determine if Clement will go onto be successful at Rangers. Firstly, team selection and performance in the cup final. Another pitiful capitulation by the usual suspects will set alarm bells ringing. Secondly, the captaincy, change it for next season and put in place fresh leadership for the good of all. Butland, Sterling or a transfer target, I don't mind but change it. Enough is enough.

Butland is the only natural leader at the club.

He really needs to get his back room correct. Not just medical, either.

In Feb roughly, he said he’d offered the squad a day off during the hectic schedule. Instead, they all turned up to training. Our form went in March. It’s utterly bizarre.

Injuries played a huge role but PC did too - sides playing through our midfield with ease, game after game, and this wasn’t rectified.

The OF lineups we all saw and instantly knew they were wrong.

He deserves backing to time to build his own squad. But the 25th is massive, as are the CL qualifiers and the first OF of next season, which will be at Parkhead.
Spot on post and sums up my thoughts on Clement exactly

Good points but I'm sceptical he can turn it around next season.

Win the Scottish and i will start to believe he can.

I hope he does make huge improvements next season but for me it hinges on nailing the signings spot on.
He almost turns it around this season with half the team missing, watch what happens when we get a decent pre season and players who apply whats being asked of them.

I think we will see a very good Rangers side that will be very hard to beat, fast young hungry team well coached team.

I’m a little concerned that Nils Koppen is the one who will be signing players and Clement left to coach them and implement tactics

The way the gaffer spoke after some poor performances led me to think he was treating players with kid gloves, as if their future wasn’t in his hands and he had to do everything he could to keep them on his side

I don’t think we’ll see the clear out we desire, at least not all in one go. However if he addresses the spine of the side it will be a start.

He needs to develop more than one single style of play.

That’s his biggest issue right now.

Clement and Koppen will need to find solutions but the manager has already stated they have plans in place

He’s not daft. He knows it’s a major clear out and total restructure of the football Dept starting with player conditioning and training

The medical team must be under scrutiny too

When a player gets injured ours tend to be out longer and rarely feature earlier than expected

A huge summer but the manager has shown he has promise but the performances of late have scuppered our league challenge and it’s so frustrating but let’s see how we get on with player recruitment and players going out

I think some will be harder to move on. Ben Davies for example. I think he will have 2 years left and given his personal circumstances he may not want to leave but he’s not good enough

Cifuentes is another problem. I think we will lose a lot of money on him too

Let’s hope their plans work

Butland is the only natural leader at the cl

Butland is the only natural leader at the club.
Agree to an extent mate but I like the look of big Sterling and feel he could grow into the role. He leads by example on the park and never shirks responsibility. Furthermore, if we play him in the centre of midfield when Lundtram goes he'll be in that sitting role able to direct operations for the team. He also went up in my estimation when he questioned the mindset and will to win of his team mates as our challenge for the title crumbled. He was proved right on that front! Sterling or Butland would do me but as long as the armband is passed on. Big call, but please let us see the captaincy changed for next season.

We don't need to be arguing bud.

The last two months though has to have us wondering: what's going on?

Under no circumstances, despite any injuries, should we be losing to Ross County and drawing with Dundee.

But given that we did, which basically cost us the title, we need to get rid of aa good deal of this squad.

Obviously, we can't do anything till after the potential upcoming debacle at Hampden.
Spot on, it’s bizarre but not completely surprising given recent years but the collapse was unbelievable. As soon as we got ourselves in the driving seat that was the start of the downfall.
Knew it definitely wasn’t going to happen at half time in the Ross county game. We should have been flying from the very start in that game after coming back against them twice the week before, but no, not this bunch of imposters, nothing, as flat as a pancake.
Unbelievable, I’ve never despised any rangers players before but I genuinely do with a lot of this squad.
Not even excited in the slightest about the cup final, actually worried about it in case it turns into a doing and affects us next season.
SCUNNERED.

He has my full backing for next season. Hope the board feels the same.
Rid the club of the mentally weak cowards that collapsed yet again under pressure. The last month has been unacceptable for Rangers players. A disgrace and it’s going to take a miracle to win the cup final. IMO. Raging. :mad::mad:

He almost turns it around this season with half the team missing, watch what happens when we get a decent pre season and players who apply whats being asked of them.

I think we will see a very good Rangers side that will be very hard to beat, fast young hungry team well coached team.

I admire your optimism.

However, this squad have had six months of being well coached and it hasn't really worked, when it mattered. In fact the imposters fell apart and crumbled. Because that's what losers do. They lose.

A few players apart, I would want rid of the lot of them but logic dictates that won't happen.

I’m not as convinced but only time will tell. We’ve no choice but to back him and hope he’s the right man to lead the rebuild.

Some of his team selections have been baffling however, and his inability to change the way we set up the midfield in the OF games has resulted in us being 2-0 down in each of them since he’s come in.

The collapse under him has been worrying although I appreciate he done an excellent job when he first arrived to get us to a position where we could collapse.

Tough one, first few months of his tenure looked brilliant, last few months have been a bit of a car crash to be quite honest.

Fed up getting excited about the next season thinking ‘this time it’ll be different’ at this stage. This time I’ll just wait and see where we are at the start of next season and hope it’s drastically different to where we are right now (squad wise).

I think the calls he made on selection were all, every one, him picking between a tall refreshing glass of piss or a nice warm turd sandwich. There has never really been an ideal situation where he could put a team out that he would choose to put out and while folk can absolutely question some of the starting line-ups, that would be the case whatever side he put on the park.

As I said, I am convinced he has just seen this season as something to get through and has done what little anyone could with the tools he had available.

Agree to an extent mate but I like the look of big Sterling and feel he could grow into the role. He leads by example on the park and never shirks responsibility. Furthermore, if we play him in the centre of midfield when Lundtram goes he'll be in that sitting role able to direct operations for the team. He also went up in my estimation when he questioned the mindset and will to win of his team mates as our challenge for the title crumbled. He was proved right on that front! Sterling or Butland would do me but as long as the armband is passed on. Big call, but please let us see the captaincy changed for next season.

We need leaders on the field.

Ian Ferguson and John Brown for example, weren't captains. They didn't need one. But their love for the club meant they led by example anyway.

There is no one in that squad is a natural leader.

However, your opinion of Sterling is an interesting one. My only concern is, heaping the burden of captaincy on one so young surrounded by losers will hamper his own play.

And there will be some of those losers still in that squad next season.

Winning the Scottish Cup Final would unite most behind him.

Lose it and there's huge pressure going into the first OF game at their place next season.

Rightly or wrongly, that's what we're facing on a yearly basis now.

Winning the Scottish Cup Final would unite most behind him.

Lose it and there's huge pressure going into the first OF game at their place next season.

Rightly or wrongly, that's what we're facing on a yearly basis now.

Winning the cup gives him respite.

Do I want to win it? Of course I do, but in no way does it get us all excited after the way this title was squandered.

I think everyone with a say at Ibrox needs to realise that Ross County and Dundee is the line in the sand.

But that's just my opinion.

We don't need to be arguing bud.

The last two months though has to have us wondering: what's going on?

Under no circumstances, despite any injuries, should we be losing to Ross County and drawing with Dundee.

But given that we did, which basically cost us the title, we need to get rid of aa good deal of this squad.

Obviously, we can't do anything till after the potential upcoming debacle at Hampden.
How many seasons do we win 100% of our games again?

I am pretty much convinced that most, if not all, of the decisions, formations, line ups and press conferences have been a direct result of the inherited mess, rather than any real intent from the manager.

He came in with us as a shambles, with half the first team injured and/or out of contract and with the club in a bad place on the park. He could have come in and given a few home truths to players, benched some, generally coming in and stamping himself on the squad but if he had, and it backfired, he would be in a very difficult position.

I think he has seen the task ahead of him and decided to do what was needed to see this season out, see the players who were leaving out the door and to try and salvage what he could from the situation. While we would all have loved him to come in and immediately lay down the law, it was just never something he could practicably do.

We have already seen a few hints that he has been dragging players along with him and that under the surface he is not happy with the application some are showing. While he has not outright said it, I think there are enough clues about how he feels some of this squad deserve to be treated and I am convinced that after the final we will see some carnage, with tough decisions being made on some players who have had it too easy for too long.

He has shown more than enough in the time he has been here to leave me genuinely looking forwards to him swinging the axe and bringing in some players willing and able to take us on a level.
I’m jaded from the number of false dawns over the past few seasons and people trying to be up-beat despite the cold hard facts.
He has to win the Scottish Cup to get me on-board.
Actions speak louder than words.

He has said that this pre season is going to be the hardest the players have ever faced.even their own individual programmes will be tough when they are away from the rtc
Good. Our team better be the fittest team in Europe after the disgrace of fitness on display this season.

I'm hoping your last sentence comes true.

He has said that this pre season is going to be the hardest the players have ever faced.even their own individual programmes will be tough when they are away from the rtc
Do you think this was what he was alluding to when he spoke about identifying the root cause of our injuries - a poor pre-season?

How many seasons do we win 100% of our games again?

I'm sure it is only one.

How many times have Ross County beaten us?

There are no, absolutely no excuses for our players crumbling in the run in as they did.

If you want to make excuses for serial losers, on you go. Fill your high heels.

It says everything about this present sorry bunch that I believe the garbage I watched under Greig and Wallace#2 would beat this team.

Do you think this was what he was alluding to when he spoke about identifying the root cause of our injuries - a poor pre-season?
Yea I think so.when he first came in he said “he had never seen a squad so out of condition” something went drastically wrong at pre season training.iirc Goldson started the first game of the season without having had much of pre season training,if you don’t get that right then players will not get it back during the season.

Yea I think so.when he first came in he said “he had never seen a squad so out of condition” something went drastically wrong at pre season training.iirc Goldson started the first game of the season without having had much of pre season training,if you don’t get that right then players will not get it back during the season.
I guess you can't build a house on a flimsy foundation and not expect problems.

This season has been ridiculous.

I admire your optimism.

However, this squad have had six months of being well coached and it hasn't really worked, when it mattered. In fact the imposters fell apart and crumbled. Because that's what losers do. They lose.

A few players apart, I would want rid of the lot of them but logic dictates that won't happen.
If you think back to when we didn't have as many injuries we played some good football and beat most teams over the 90minutes with assurance.

I just have a feeling he will get it right and we will see that next season.

I'm sure it is only one.

How many times have Ross County beaten us?

There are no, absolutely no excuses for our players crumbling in the run in as they did.

If you want to make excuses for serial losers, on you go. Fill your high heels.

It says everything about this present sorry bunch that I believe the garbage I watched under Greig and Wallace#2 would beat this team.
Most of our new signings from the last few years have played less than 40% of the available minutes and we've played significantly more than Celtic. If you can't appreciate context and feel happier with lashing out and calling people losers like a sullen teenager, feel free. Some of us appreciate context.

If you switched your anger off for just a second, you'd see my post was in relation to our injury situation.

Regards anger, the switch button will be staying on.

The bottom line is, no one gave a toss about pre season training under the initial improvement under Clement.

The league was lost down to the players and their mentality. They are simply not good enough to handle pressure. We need to cleanse the club of these losers.

Do I believe there are problems when we have players out injured, which seems like constantly? Absolutely I do. There is something going on with Rangers players and constant injuries, but this has been happening even since the Walter years.

What is it? Do other clubs practice ball routines in training and we go for full on Kung Fu?

I'm delighted that the manager has said, they're going to have the hardest pre season of their lives. I hope he means it. I'd be telling them after the Cup final, they have three weeks off and then you're back in for some serious training.

I think we, of a certain vintage, looked on Jock Wallace's Gullane Sands pre season training, with bemusement. But when you look back at a certain core of the squad and their longevity in the game? The likes of Jardine, Miller, Greig, Jackson. MacDonald, wee bud, McLean for example seems to be a testament to running up those hills.

However, this lot didn't fritter away the league because they didn't run up sand dunes last summer. They lost it because they don't have it within themselves to be winners.

BTW, that anger switch? I've lost the dimmer.

Most of our new signings from the last few years have played less than 40% of the available minutes and we've played significantly more than Celtic. If you can't appreciate context and feel happier with lashing out and calling people losers like a sullen teenager, feel free. Some of us appreciate context.

You call it context.

I'd say it's being okay with losing.

But we could be here all day and I suspect it's too nice a day to sit here rambling.

He needs to develop more than one single style of play.

That’s his biggest issue right now.
We have a squad built to play one way though, when we had yilmaz and cortes fit all the play was going down the left, when we had sima we had a long ball as he could chace and get in behind, when we danilo we had a presser up front that was causing different problems. We lost almost all options in the wide area, players who were playing well had to play every game twice a week regardless of form due to injuries. Yes he has picked wrong players at the wrong moments but the squads shagged.

The midfield and wide roles dictate the style of play, the only midfielders with a bit of style are Cantwell and Diomande, the rest are spoilers, we are again relying on a 32 year old fullback to create our chances, guys ran out of legs. We have a striker that struggles to link play which means we cant play off him as much. Team needs shaken up big time.

Clement at his previous clubs switched between 352 433 and 4231 maybe he doesnt think the current squad has it them to do that.

%^*& Genk.

I'd have been encouraged more with anything he achieved at Rangers in the last two feckinfg months.

If he doesn't win the SC final we are looking a Beale like report card.

Sadly that is the reality.

We had the same folk saying the same things when Beale came in, “judge him with his own players”

Both had similar parallels, came in had good runs initially (with basically the previous guy’s tactics) but the longer time went the more they worked with the players introduced THEIR own selections and tactics the worse we became.

A good manager can adapt to what he has he can identify opposition weaknesses and how to counteract that. If he tries the same thing v celtic for the fourth time losing the SC final questions need to be asked.

It`s difficult to be excited about another massive rebuild. Not only do we have to have a good window we need to be very lucky too with the potential amount of incoming`s. Obviously the work has been underway for a good while now and hopefully Clement can get the players he want`s and we can start to see what he`s really about.

The football under Clement has been dire to watch apart from the occasional match, maybe it will change when he brings in his own players but we've heard this shite before about GVB and beale.

The rebuild however you gauge its areas/importance will not be over this Summer and as such the vast majority of the players we have will be here for next season also.

That is much more likely to hinder Clement than if he was able to punt/keep who he wanted.

Who is going to pay money for Wright, Hagi, Lawrence, Dowell? Lammers will also likely return.
Clements Rangers will be something much different to what we have seen.
I would love to see it, we may just end up seeing it in parts. If its enough to win a League then maybe he'll stick around and finish the job but hes got his work cut out.

I came across a Reddit thread about Clement where a few Belgian people had mentioned that he played some of the best football they'd ever seen in that league.

I really hope that turns out to be the case here. We've turned into a bit of a long ball team lately.

Back