Injuries

Class of 72

Ok we weren’t great on Saturday but hear me out.
They had a full squad to choose from and we literally had out top strikers/attackers maxing, a make shift defence, injuries during the game a sending off and some disgusting officiating to deal with AGAIN.
I really wish all the doom mongers would put things into perspective here.
They are a poor side, but that’s their strongest team, we probably had 5 of our strongest players out and half the squad are coming back from some sort of injury.
I genuinely don’t think things are as bad as folk are making out.

The injuries this season (and recent previous seasons if we're honest) have played a big part in how the league has turned out for us. Although, I do feel despite the injuries we should have beaten the likes of Ross County and Dundee........
I'm glad Clement addressed the injury problems in his press conference today. If we can keep our players fit and ready, we'll be a different animal next season.

The injuries this season (and recent previous seasons if we're honest) have played a big part in how the league has turned out for us. Although, I do feel despite the injuries we should have beaten the likes of Ross County and Dundee........
I'm glad Clement addressed the injury problems in his press conference today. If we can keep our players fit and ready, we'll be a different animal next season.
Yeah I put this up before I’d seen or heard anything about the presser. Just feel we’re not really as bad as some fans are making out. Just seen we now have 11 players out. Got to be something to do with the fitness or medical staff. I see big Phil mentioned keeping this in house and give some people the benefit of a second chance.

They had a full squad to choose from and we literally had out top strikers/attackers maxing, a make shift defence, injuries during the game a sending off and some disgusting officiating to deal with AGAIN.
They are a poor side, but that’s their strongest team, we probably had 5 of our strongest players out and half the squad are coming back from some sort of injury.
and they will strengthen more and better than us in the summer also

For all that we've had to contend with this season, we are one OF result flipped from a loss to a win away from being level. If you forget the OF games the difference is the dropped points against Motherwell and Ross County or any 2 of the other brainfart defeats we've had away from being level.

If we beat Dundee and they lose to Killie we've taken it to the last day, as unlikely as it is that will win the league.

We are dealing in fine margins despite the obvious gulf directly between the 2 clubs. With less injuries, better players and a stronger squad hopefully to come in the summer, we will not only be able to beat them but be more consistent against weaker teams and win the league comfortably.

Yeah I put this up before I’d seen or heard anything about the presser. Just feel we’re not really as bad as some fans are making out. Just seen we now have 11 players out. Got to be something to do with the fitness or medical staff. I see big Phil mentioned keeping this in house and give some people the benefit of a second chance.
I think we are a lot worse than many think we are. And worryingly if that benefit of doubt from Clement extends to who I think he might go again with then I think we are fecked.

Rodgers is a dreadful spender, the more he spends the better.
Their signings overall have been dreadful year on year, the millions they have spunked on abject failures on the fringes of their team like Soro, Klimala, Ajeti, Bolingoli, Barkas and too many others to mention is incredible and if it was our manager they'd be getting hunted for it.

Unfortunately for us they also get the odd player who is a step above the rest which makes the difference over the season. Stick a midfield player who bangs in 15 goals and 20 assists into our team and we win that league easily. They also don't necessarily have to sell good players like we did with Patterson, Bassey, Kamara which means their core squad is more stable and stronger as time goes on.

For all that we've had to contend with this season, we are one OF result flipped from a loss to a win away from being level. If you forget the OF games the difference is the dropped points against Motherwell and Ross County or any 2 of the other brainfart defeats we've had away from being level.

If we beat Dundee and they lose to Killie we've taken it to the last day, as unlikely as it is that will win the league.

We are dealing in fine margins despite the obvious gulf directly between the 2 clubs. With less injuries, better players and a stronger squad hopefully to come in the summer, we will not only be able to beat them but be more consistent against weaker teams and win the league comfortably.
Would agree it’s fine margins but Celtic losses to Hearts and Kille allowed us back into the title race and gave us a great opportunity to win the league which we blew.
Nest season they might not as forgiving and we will need to be so much better.

It's a squad game, we need better players to come in when we have injuries

They were decimated during the first old firm game and we still lost. The likes of Scott Wright and Davies is not good enough

The injuries have undoubtedly played a part - Sima, Danilo, Cortes and Yilmaz would all have been good options to have - but it’s the first time I’ve heard Clement bemoaning that fact or using it as an excuse for defeat and it still doesn’t quite explain why he opted to use the same formation when so many players were missing and our midfield was overrun yet again.

It's the same every season cause we sign defective products and sold to us the fans as world beaters. Remember the state of the squad in the Europa final too when we had to play Joe Aribo as striker fuxsake. The shite started before the game v the scum linked with this player and that to deflect attention and now also kit leaks.

Last edited:
It's a squad game, we need better players to come in when we have injuries

They were decimated during the first old firm game and we still lost. The likes of Scott Wright and Davies is not good enough
See dodgy refereeing decisions, also they weren’t decimated they had vickers and hatate out if I remember

I think we are a lot worse than many think we are. And worryingly if that benefit of doubt from Clement extends to who I think he might go again with then I think we are fecked.
I suspect the benefit of the doubt was alluding to medical or fitness departments.

Things are bad, we can't beat Celtic in meaningful league and cup games.

Our last manager couldn't and our current manager can't either.

Our squad are currently one OF win short of being champions its not a missive gulf. Injures and one or two decisions by individual players and officials too has defined the season.

If you think our collapse this year has been purely down to injuries then you're burying your head in the sand.

Back