Ipswich promoted with Sone Aluko, Dom Ball and George Edmundson

A great achievement - but will any of them be kept on for the PL campaign?
Ball and Aluko out of contract and only played 23 games in all comps between them this year, so doubt either are re-signed. Edmundson has a year left and played 15 games so maybe kept as 4th choice CB?

They might be on Ipswich books but their contribution to promotion has been minimal. Can’t see any of them being involved next season

That goal by Aluko against them years ago was fantastic. We needed to win that day and he started it off very nicely.
Massive credit goes to super Ally for not allowing them to win at our home that day.
And to super lee the following week away to Motherwell, for not allowing them to win it at home haha.

I used to wish for a centre half pairing of Mayo and Edmundson but the club are often too quick selling the young ones

Ipswich play a really nice style of football, and it just shows what can be achieved by a manager who plays to the strengths of his players. The Hull City and Coventry City results, taking four points from those two previous away games before yesterday, were really good. Hopefully they do well next season.

They might be on Ipswich books but their contribution to promotion has been minimal. Can’t see any of them being involved next season
Both Ball and Edmunds on have played 10 league games and a handful of FA cup and League cup games so obviously useful squad players. Maybe if we had some dependable squad players we wouldn't be throwing the title away.

Walter always had some honking players in the squad but knew how to get a tune out them looks like the Ipswich manager might have that quality as well

I don't know them but if you can pass it on then thanks!
Will do.

Alas football is a cutthroat business and you just need to look at Sheffield United this season to see how you need to really improve your squad to have a decent crack at the EPL.

Will do.

Alas football is a cutthroat business and you just need to look at Sheffield United this season to see how you need to really improve your squad to have a decent crack at the EPL.
Yep and like I said the players that got you there deserve their chances as squad players if you are bringing in a few quality players to strengthen all the better!

Sadly it's way it is my friend!

What a job Kieran McKenna is doing there.
Time for him to move on while his stock is high, rather than staying only to be shown the door in February when Ipswich are in a relegation battle. Cynical, I know, but a distinct possibility. Long gone are the days in football when the Ipswich directors thought that a crisis was when they had run out of white wine in the boardroom fridge.

Time for him to move on while his stock is high, rather than staying only to be shown the door in February when Ipswich are in a relegation battle. Cynical, I know, but a distinct possibility. Long gone are the days in football when the Ipswich directors thought that a crisis was when they had run out of white wine in the boardroom fridge.
There will be some decent jobs going this summer that is probably the right thing for him if he can get a club that matches his ways

Back