Is it the 'younger' fans who have very little patience ?

Thing it's down to some fans not being realistic especially coming from the disaster of previous years, I can see where some people are coming from as playing second fiddle to those c#*ts is hard to take.
This season is all about closing the gap get a cup win and next season try and bring home 55

It's 100% the older supporters in my section in CR2 that are the worst.

Some even look pi$$ed off when we score if it doesn't suit a rant and don't seem to know much about football in all honesty.

A spoiled generation when it comes to Rangers success.

The younger guys just want to support the team around me anyway.

A load of old bollocks.

I'm 24 and think I'm being incredibly patient.

What I'm going through is just like an even more shit version of the early to mid 80's by the sounds of it. We'll be back.

To be honest ,it's part of being a follower of a big club that is as much the cause as anything else.

For all of it's ills, it keeps the pressure on and reminds those in the driving seat that we will not accept standards being lowered .

The day we do that is the day the game is up.

That said, we also need to understand where we have been and how long it may take to get to where we all want to be.

We are so desperate to take back our crown , especially after what we have been through, that it can sometimes lead to an over anxiousness being displayed.

I'm genuinely surprised by the flavour of the responses.

I thought anyone who lived through 78-86 would have some perspective.

Although I moaned like funk during our 9iar because of our style of football.

I'm 36 in October,I was at the Brechin game on our 1st game in the journey back up,and before that I had a season ticket for a shit load of years,so you could say that after everything we have been through,all the shite we've had to endure through the years,that we should all have a different perspective towards the club,considering where we have been..........
But I can't,I still get bat shit crazy after every game we don't win,I fucking hate seeing Rangers drop points,in fact after every game we lose,it takes me about an hour,to get the 'sack the manger,he's got to go' notion out of my head,and I don't think I'll ever change.

I think it's the realists that are moaning and the Uber's who aren't.

We have spent more than enough to be able to beat partick thistle.

The Hibs game ok we were robbed to an extent however when I see pedros subs I can't thathom them for the life of me! Sometimes you just get a feeling that something just won't work? To put it another way, compare it to a bit of crumpet! There's some birds out their who u know are just no good and only worth a quick dip and then off again as their just not long term material! Maybe u met her in a bar and she is just not good news! And then there is the bird u pick up at Marks and Sparks in the meal deal for 1 on a quiet Friday afternoon and u just no that u would take her to mummy's for a Sunday diner and settle down? Well for
Me Pedro isn't Sunday diner material.

The Hibs game ok we were robbed to an extent however when I see pedros subs I can't thathom them for the life of me! Sometimes you just get a feeling that something just won't work? To put it another way, compare it to a bit of crumpet! There's some birds out their who u know are just no good and only worth a quick dip and then off again as their just not long term material! Maybe u met her in a bar and she is just not good news! And then there is the bird u pick up at Marks and Sparks in the meal deal for 1 on a quiet Friday afternoon and u just no that u would take her to mummy's for a Sunday diner and settle down? Well for
You need to get out more

If some on here had it their way we'd still have Warburton as manager and showing 'patience'. I'd even extend that to McCoist where some posters are concerned.

Younger fans lol? It's the old lot than can't take a single draw before they start greeting about everyone and everything. They've been living with being able to actually remember 30+ years of dominance so the last 6 years has been a boot up the balls to them. If you're in your early 20's you've missed out on the 9IAR entirely or probably don't remember much of it or any of it at all.

You go to the games and the majority of the time it's be an older supporter throwing a fit about the team (Or at least the few times i have been able to go). That's not to say it's a terrible thing we all care about the club but they don't have any patience at all, feels like if we're not up within 20 minutes they're fed up of waiting for a goal. Twitter might make the younger support seem less patient as they actually know how to use it but if half the people that go to the games and act like they do could use twitter they'd be slavering all over the keyboard when they got home

If I dare to group the ages

Mid teens and younger - have plenty of patience and dare I say might think that rangers not winning or competing in European competition is the norm.

20's - have a degree of patience

30's - less so, but still have a little patience

40's - next to no patience

50's plus - are dinosaurs and have zero patience (I mean that in the nicest possible way :p )

I'am 65 - your wrong !

I am 53 and very patient and everyone just want Rangers to win, they just have different ways of showing it

The older I get the more I moan and get a lot less patient with everything in life. So think it's an older thing

Where I sit there's a cpl of guys easily in their 50s and all they do is moan from the first whistle to the last.If we beat celtic 9 nothing they still wouldn't be happy.

Maybe I''ve mis-judged it then :D IMO it feels like the younger bears who are more inclined to be on social media etc. who are more demanding and want things instantly.

I think myself it's social media it seems to bring out the panty wetters , it's not only football it's anytime anything that is not the norm takes place the panty wetters start churning. Thank God that social media was invented long after WW2 , the Dunkirk spirit is sadly missed in today's world , particularly up here.

Simply the Best.
54 and Counting.
The World's Most Successful Club.
We Welcome the Chase.

We couldn't say any of these things if throughout our history we accepted failure and tolerated second best. And although we have been in unprecedented depths in recent years, those standards are why we are what we are, and what we must always remain.

No, it isn't the younger fans.

I've been sitting in Ibrox for pushing 50 years and the place has always been packed with moany bastards who expect instant success and wins every week. LOL :D

I am with you mate. It used to be kept to Ibrox, the pub and the family dinner table. Then it became the public whining on Superscoreboard and the Record Hotline from those with too much time on their hands, now it's anyone who fancies a tirade on the internet, especially if you are a Tim obsessed. Age is irrelevant.

We are impatient regardless of the age groups, it must get passed through the generations:)

The tides turned on Advocaat very quickly on here, McLeish was never good enough, Le Guen got 5 minutes, Smith was a stop gap dinosaur, Coisty was rubbish, Warburton wasn't the man and Pedro should have gone after about 3 games.

If it wasn't for drama queens this board would be quite boring.

If I dare to group the ages

Mid teens and younger - have plenty of patience and dare I say might think that rangers not winning or competing in European competition is the norm.

20's - have a degree of patience

30's - less so, but still have a little patience

40's - next to no patience

50's plus - are dinosaurs and have zero patience (I mean that in the nicest possible way :p )

Complete pish - take it you are mid teens and younger?
I am 51 and would like nothing better than see Pedro last the season out. We need to be patient and give the manager time.
The alternative is to start again with a new man (costing more money in severance etc) only to find that if he loses twice to "them" his position is under threat -and so it goes on.
Lets consolidate this year and see if the January window brings us some options to start next season on a stronger footing.

Simply the Best.
54 and Counting.
The World's Most Successful Club.
We Welcome the Chase.

We couldn't say any of these things if throughout our history we accepted failure and tolerated second best. And although we have been in unprecedented depths in recent years, those standards are why we are what we are, and what we must always remain.

Exactly this. We are winners, we have standards, we want to be the best we possibly can - we expect and demand the best.

That's why our club is the most successful.

I wouldn't call some of our supporters bed wetters/hysterical blouses, given what Pedro Caixinha has delivered thus far. I fully understand their feelings. It's been a dog shit 6 months on top of what happened before under Warburton. If we don't get our act together then come full time on Saturday, we are in the exact same position as last season, in less games.

That on top of 5-1 at Ibrox, cup semi final defeat without a fight, first Aberdeen win at Ibrox since '91, Progres Niederkorn, failure to win three league games on the trot, a substantial amount of money spent in the summer... there were plenty within our support who didn't want Caixinha from day one - they gave their reasons, and whilst they were still prepared to back him, remained wary. It's not exactly going great.

For every thing we've been through, you could say some have been more than patient and are now on the verge of exploding as they still have the save standards as before, and that will never change.

I'm 33, been impatient all my life, get me on the afternoon/evening of a bad result and I'm going to let off steam, vent my feelings and opinions - it will be a lot stronger and at times a lot more over the top than what it would be once I've settled and calmed down.

End of the day, we are all Rangers and want the best for our great club.

I am 51 and would like nothing better than see Pedro last the season out. We need to be patient and give the manager time.
The alternative is to start again with a new man (costing more money in severance etc) only to find that if he loses twice to "them" his position is under threat -and so it goes on.
Lets consolidate this year and see if the January window brings us some options to start next season on a stronger footing.

I'm mid-30's thanks.

I'm also in my 50s and remember the good times -and the bad. I have watched us climb through the leagues and my only frustration has been with the imposters that ran our club.

Now we are in the hands of people that want what is best for the club( fans just like us) and I see improvements of the park. On the park we are in my opinion not moving forward quickly enough- so I do get frustrated,but I don't shout and ball at the players or the manager at games.

Is Pedro the man to make us a real force again? Not in my opinion, so I don't think it is an age issue.

I think tolerance comes simply from the person regardless of their age, I suppose its all about standards but I think the point the op makes is how these are vented nowadays. Its all to easy to condemn players, managers in cyber-space and for that matter at the game.The moans are much more visible. To that end the younger supporters are more likely to do this on social media, whereas the Ibrox elders perhaps prefer to do their moaning at the games. There are some bears who are either pished or simply wouldn't recognise a player if he kicked them in the balls, but we are not alone there!

We should always hold the team to account ensuring that standards are maintained, but equally and arguably as important is that we back our team. I would argue that not many football clubs would have a support as loyal as ours and what it has gone through and still stick with it.

I think the frustration comes from a shear desire to win and a big get it right up to all and sundry.

Right,
I am 51. They were heading towards 9 when i started going to games.
I can remember my older brothers celebrations when we finally won the title in 75. One of my brothers had never celebrated the title as a boy.
I then went home and away through what i refer to as the wilderness years given how low we sunk.
Then came Mr Holmes and the Magnificent Bastard. I never had it so good and drank in every single minute right through to NIAR and beyond .
My brothers, and my own long wait have made me appreciate patience.
In the QV during the Souness, Smith, Advocaat years after a loss a young fan was moaning about how shit it was.
My brother asked how old he was and when told replied. "shit team? you've never seen a shit team, you've never lived through shit times"
And he was right.
We watch the EPL and see managers getting bumped after a few games and think why not? That is completely different. They are not after success but about staying in the EPL riches. Most of the managers are middle to bottom teams bricking it.
We are not those clubs.
I will give Pedro time to stamp his philosophy long after this weekend: it worked in Mexico for him so why not here given time?
Others? Well maybe you didn't live through the late 60's/early 70's/late 70's/early 80's or didn't have older brothers.
Patience is a virtue...

I blame folk my age (31). We grew up with 9IAR and then a period of being 50/50 with the tims, with a Euro Final as young men. This is our first experience of being 2nd best and many are struggling to adapt IMO

I think it's down to the individual really. For some Caixinha is already a busted flush and it's only a matter of time before he's gone, hence every setback is highlighted as another example of why. For others i suspect the years of embarrassing results/teams is taking it's toll, other than lower league 'trinkets' we have been starved of trophies for a few years now.

John Greig was not long in the door as manager when i started going to Ibrox, so my loyalty was tested early on in life. When Souness arrived with his English recruits it promised a return to the glory days but in truth it took a few months for the team to gel properly, despite beating Celtic early in the season, there were a few poor results along the way, after 16 games it was W9 D3 L4. Similarly in Walter's first year '91/'92, forced into changes due to the 3-foreigner rule, the team took a quite a few games to click, with a slightly better 10 wins from 16.

I'm not suggesting Caixinha will replicate Souness and Smith by finishing 1st, giving them a decent challenge this season is perhaps the best we could expect but it's worth remembering that even some of our most cherished Rangers teams dropped points early on. I'll see how things are shaping up leading into the winter break.

Yes, we spent more than enough to beat Thistle, however if that's the logic you're applying then since Souness arrived we should have a 100% record as we out spent everyone up until McLeish came in, then were only outspent by the bheasts.

It'd be like watching professional 10 pin bowlers who get strike after strike after strike.

I think it's down to the individual really. For some Caixinha is already a busted flush and it's only a matter of time before he's gone, hence every setback is highlighted as another example of why. For others i suspect the years of embarrassing results/teams is taking it's toll, other than lower league 'trinkets' we have been starved of trophies for a few years now.

John Greig was not long in the door as manager when i started going to Ibrox, so my loyalty was tested early on in life. When Souness arrived with his English recruits it promised a return to the glory days but in truth it took a few months for the team to gel properly, despite beating Celtic early in the season, there were a few poor results along the way, after 16 games it was W9 D3 L4. Similarly in Walter's first year '91/'92, forced into changes due to the 3-foreigner rule, the team took a quite a few games to click, with a slightly better 10 wins from 16.

I'm not suggesting Caixinha will replicate Souness and Smith by finishing 1st, giving them a decent challenge this season is perhaps the best we could expect but it's worth remembering that even some of our most cherished Rangers teams dropped points early on. I'll see how things are shaping up leading into the winter break.
If we're being honest, finishing second and halfing the points gap would be a significant improvement. As would reaching at least one cup final, preferably with a win

Not nice to think about, but it's an honest assessment.

50s+ are spoilt????????
50s+ have experienced more pain than any of your other groupings. Their 9iar, 1967, their other final against Feyenoord, losing to Berwick in 67. ( a worse result than Progres, as that team got to a Euro final months later.)
And I can't leave out our darkest hour, which puts football into perspective.

50+ are too young to remember 67 or their 70 final.

I'm 61 and Berwick was.when I was 11.

The question in this post is so loaded that it achieves nothing. Define patience? Is it the ridiculous notion that we are ready to challenge for a league which none but the blind subscribe to . Or is it a measure of judgment versus our spend, investment and return on current squad with no reference to previous years? Is it holding boards to account and the playing side after all the rubbish we were sold for years. Patience is a virtue ...if what you are waiting for is getting closer. The real question is it?

Don,t think its an age thing at all. Think it a mentality thing some people are natural winners and some feel they,re perennial losers and just want to moan about how things never work out for them. These people come in all ages and sizes. can,t remember who,s quote it was but he summed it up when he said "Show me a good loser and I,ll show you a loser"

I'm 57. I've lived through 2 wilderness periods, excluding this one. I don't want them doing 10. There are those that say that 10 is unimportant, but having lived through their nine, when they reach 8, things will be unbearable.
Also ive seen so many false dawns and mistakes, they are now recognisable at a very early stage.

As far as I'm concerned being 33 myself who grew up watching the 9 in a row era I can understand where you're coming from, but something puts a big massive dent in their credibility for their "10 in a row" and truthfully that is down to the fact we weren't there as we had to work our way up from the third division.

People can say what they like but it is true to state that the 9 league titles in a row was something we boasted about over Celtic because we did it when Celtic were in the same league as us, Celtic won 4 of those titles when we weren't even there to compete against them. I mean think about it, imagine boasting off that you win 4 league titles in a row when:
  1. Rangers weren't even there
  2. Competing against Aberdeen for the league title
It's enough to make anyone cringe. They can say it is being disrespectful to Aberdeen but I'm sorry who actually thought Aberdeen were going to compete against Celtic for the league title, it's as laughable as thinking Celtic could compete against PSG in the Champions League for top spot.

This. Friday's draw could easily have been a win. We played well, but for a couple of individual errors. Contrast with JG's rein. Or Ally's.

Couldn't agree more, we were terribly unlucky, I'm sure Fabio will learn from his mistake at the back and seek to rectify that. How often you see a ball smack a player in the wall from a free kick and go in, not often but freakishly it can happen and it was our misfortune that it had happened, I think had it remained 1-0 from that point in the game it may have been different. That equaliser gave Partick Thistle the belief they can get something and they did.

Definitely an older thing. We were spoiled for years and are struggling to accept we aren't dominating anymore

Most people I know understand this was never going to be a quick fix, but yes, there are plenty of bears of all ages who love a moan regardless. Joys of having such a large fans base is that opinions will differentiate quite dramatically. I guess people are frustrated because as we are a work in progress, those bastards across the city are at the strongest they've been in many years. We have a media hell bent on trying to get tore into us and some of our fans are lured in by their pish.

Celtic beat Barcelona several years ago, was it 2012 or something?

The point being is that this isn't anything close to Celtic's strongest team in years, to be very harsh and trust me I'm a very optimistic minded person, in fact so optimistic I still believe we can win and will keep believing we can win the title until it's properly over. However do I think this Celtic side are spectacular?

No, they went unbeaten last season because we made them look better than what they actually are, that's how awful Rangers were last season but there's a reason for that, that was Rangers FIRST season back up into the Premiership, we're in a building phase, where have Celtic went in terms of building over the last season or so? Not much, they've been pretty stagnant, in fact I don't think they're going to be what they were last season and so Rangers are quickly closing the gap on them.

Celtic are not this unstoppable team they like to have people believe, yes we have some way to go and they are favourites, but are Rangers as far off Celtic as people believe? No, in fact Rangers could end up challenging them for the title next season. The only reason they look so strong is because they won 5-1 against a very poor Rangers team, that does not make you strong, in fact Celtic back in 2012 would NOT have lost 5-0 to PSG, there's the difference between Celtic in 2012 to Celtic today, Celtic believe it or not are a weaker side defensively.

So Rangers NEED to capitalise on that and if Rangers beat them at Ibrox just think about the psychological shift, people will then start thinking to themselves: "hold on a second here, these bastards are beatable, if it's not for our form elsewhere in the league we could take them." Rangers are capable of doing it but is a question as to whether or not they will turn up.

a real auldie here, survived a 7-1 drubbing by the scum, berwick, progres etc, but still hanging in, never booed a Ger off the field but keep hoping to see us back at our rightful place, been more than impatient with charlatans and robbing baskets, than players, Pedro might not be our best but I will back him as we have to have faith that we are on the right track, it will take time , not too much though, Gers are a big club and we will go on, never fear, just hope I can be around cheers

As far as I'm concerned being 33 myself who grew up watching the 9 in a row era I can understand where you're coming from, but something puts a big massive dent in their credibility for their "10 in a row" and truthfully that is down to the fact we weren't there as we had to work our way up from the third division.

People can say what they like but it is true to state that the 9 league titles in a row was something we boasted about over Celtic because we did it when Celtic were in the same league as us, Celtic won 4 of those titles when we weren't even there to compete against them. I mean think about it, imagine boasting off that you win 4 league titles in a row when:
  1. Rangers weren't even there
  2. Competing against Aberdeen for the league title
It's enough to make anyone cringe. They can say it is being disrespectful to Aberdeen but I'm sorry who actually thought Aberdeen were going to compete against Celtic for the league title, it's as laughable as thinking Celtic could compete against PSG in the Champions League for top spot.

Sorry mate, but 10 is 10, no matter how tainted some of them will be. My fear is that we haven't got it right and it will go beyond 10.

Back