Issue between Barisic and fan after Kilmarnock game.

63 years I've been going to Ibrox, I'll never forget when my then 14 year old brother took me ( my father was an Albion Rovers fan) and I would NEVER insult or boo ANY Rangers player .
Borna hasn't been at his best for a bit, that happens a lot to players and sometimes they need to move on, but to confront them like that, is not a Rangers thing to most of us.

The players will stop doing this soon due to cretins who can't behave. Kids will miss out on the chance to see the players close up.

Don't blame BB for his reaction to a walloper.
The club should be putting a stop to it now tbh.

Wouldn't be difficult to have a controlled environment for this inside the stadium that MyGers kids members can apply for ahead of each game to meet the players and get stuff signed.

The club should be putting a stop to it now tbh.

Wouldn't be difficult to have a controlled environment for this inside the stadium that MyGers kids members can apply for ahead of each game to meet the players and get stuff signed.
Defo should have something like this. Say 50 kids a session for 45 mins to get what they want signed. Have it Only kids under 16 can apply and must have an adult with them. One item per kid to be signed and a chance of a picture

Once a kid gets picked then they are exempt for the rest of the season to give everyone a chance. That way it’s controlled and no one will be disappointed by seeing someone else get a top signed and the player walking on by them.

Would be a great incentive to get more kids signed up to mygers too

Could be one of the same guys that are there every home game looking to get stuff signed only to flog for a profit. Think a few of the players have cottoned on to them and have started to completely ignore them.

I'll never understand the desire to treat players like this never mind why anyone believes it's a good thing or why they have the right to do so
Players lose form. You've no idea what's happening in their lives or what injury they may be carrying
How treating them like this is supposed to improve them I have no idea
Buying a season ticket does not give you the right to be less than courteous to the club and its players

I remember the excitement of meeting the odd non-squad player walking in to the front gates or something during the late 90s/00s. It was a million miles away from what it is now. Professional grifters demanding signatures, it’s a sad state of affairs.
I remember in the 60's, 70's and early 80's Rangers players attending our end of season dinner dances, Doddie,Greigy, Jaws, Henderson, Calimero, DJ, Ally, Super Cooper and loads of others and their wives coming to the dances and having a drink with us and not one incident occurred.

%^*& me that is utterly depressing to watch!

Kids waiting back to meet their hero’s. I did it with my own son and daughters when they were growing up. Clubs do this after every game up and down the UK with no problems.

We have a selection of children, parents and the odd drunk who thinks it’s ok to compete with kids for a players attention then dishes out abuse when he doesn’t get his own way!

Soul destroying. On a wider point, what should have been an exciting title race, first one in decades is fast losing its appeal given the way a small number of the psycho element in our support have responded to ‘the pressure’ Thank %^*& it will e over soon!

We have a lot of eejits in our support
How many folk forget he paid the price for Morelos and Kent deciding not to try and not putting themselves in a good position to accept a pass or just pass the ball back to him. He’s had pelters for years from our “fans” who no doubt keep the “ bring him back” pish about these two huffy non trying wage thief’s. Torrents of abuse because he couldn’t pass to players constantly drifting into marked positions, probably one of those who just criticise their selected player all game.. we’ve all had to listen to these “ experts “ at Ibrox…

Those videos make me wince. Why do certain adults have no chill around footballers? Like something you'd expect from desperate Scousers practically begging to get something signed.

Could be one of the same guys that are there every home game looking to get stuff signed only to flog for a profit. Think a few of the players have cottoned on to them and have started to completely ignore them.
Good point. Can’t remember which player it was but he said in a pod cast that the players are very wary of these cretins lining up after each game to make money and they always try to %^*& them off!

There was an English guy on eBay selling signed Rangers tops last season, not a supporter and didn’t attend the match but traveled up with a pile of stuff to get signed as the Rangers stuff sells really well.

Few things about this

1. Why do people act so self entitled? Borna doesnt need to sign anything at all and if the bloke wanted it done then, why would you be rude to Borna and act like a spoiled child?

2. I, sadly think Borna might get stick from the manager about this as, it makes it look as if the synergy he spoke about is broken between the support and players and I'm not blaming Borna for this as the bloke is human and reacted. I'm just saying how this looks before our match against the tramps

3. Why on earth do people that call themselves Rangers supporters put stuff like this up on social media and especially so before a game against Celtic? The manager will get asked about this now and he doesnt need that.

Rant over now.....

I see there's a video with Butland and a fan kicking off now too... I hope the players realise these d'ck head fans are a minority....

%^*& me that is utterly depressing to watch!

Kids waiting back to meet their hero’s. I did it with my own son and daughters when they were growing up. Clubs do this after every game up and down the UK with no problems.

We have a selection of children, parents and the odd drunk who thinks it’s ok to compete with kids for a players attention then dishes out abuse when he doesn’t get his own way!

Soul destroying. On a wider point, what should have been an exciting title race, first one in decades is fast losing its appeal given the way a small number of the psycho element in our support have responded to ‘the pressure’ Thank %^*& it will e over soon!
That Motherwell home game was the worst. Booing the team at half time after doing so well to drag us back in to the race, fights in stands etc. Horrible atmosphere.

This sort of incident is not exclusive to us.
Years ago Manchester United had to put out a statement that players would not be signing autographs etc outside their old training ground.
I remember even the Rolling Stones had to stop it, about 2006 when they were recording an album and people would be outside the recording studio.
A sign of the modern Times, a sense of entitlement and "rights" trumps civility and morals.
Our players are human beings and deserve to be treated with respect.

There’s always a banger at the end of games and it’s not exclusive to us. There was one guy that started on Tav and shat it when an older woman turned on him.

100% it's now made its way onto the red top papers. Clown has brought negative press to the club
Someone will know him and hopefully name and shame the creep.

An absolute cockroach the club could do without. Apparently he's been at it before.

Incredible how people are extrapolating one fan interaction with Barisic out to the fan base in general being a ‘disgrace’ or whatever else.

The vast majority of the fan base are absolutely fine. They turn up and might moan a bit but that’s a non-issue.

Good result on Sunday at full time we are in Govan Rear and looked over to the team when they were at the UBs they were giving the team brilliant encouragement after a good result and a game against Celtic at parkhead next.

I said to my mate the whole stadium should be like that.

Instead fully grown adult “ Rangers fans” are chasing Butland to his car and getting wide with our left back.

Brilliant backing eh? Who needs enemies?

That Motherwell home game was the worst. Booing the team at half time after doing so well to drag us back in to the race, fights in stands etc. Horrible atmosphere.
If the team underperform during a match then a bit of booing can be justified imo, to show our displeasure,

However there is a line that shouldn’t be crossed if it becomes extreme abuse or hatred or bile being thrown out

No idea what went on - doubt it was not provoked. But a player of ours should never EVER have reacted like that, regardless.

Thats a fine.

If the team underperform during a match then a bit of booing can be justified imo, to show our displeasure,

However there is a line that shouldn’t be crossed if it becomes extreme abuse or hatred or bile being thrown out
I've said before booing can be justified, but it wasn't on that day. It was our first domestic defeat in a long time after getting in to the title race, boos were ridiculous that day.

Incredible how people are extrapolating one fan interaction with Barisic out to the fan base in general being a ‘disgrace’ or whatever else.

The vast majority of the fan base are absolutely fine. They turn up and might moan a bit but that’s a non-issue.
Not sure where you got that take from. Most have said we have a select few who are a disgrace which absolutely is the case

listening to open goal and charlie mulgrew mentioned that one old firm game the team got off the bus at Ibrox and there was a guy giving them abuse but he thought he recognised him, him and his team mates soon realised this same guy waits at lennoxtown to get stuff signed every day.

assuming he punts it on ebay etc

These clowns are going to end up ruining it for all the weans. The players will end up not stopping for photos and autographs. folk need to catch a grip.
They won't care. It's like the cockroaches that get themselves barred from Rangers social media groups then set about trying to get the page closed down.
Utter vermin.!

It's entitlement, pure and simple.

The middle aged man thinks he's entitled to get things signed, then feels entitled to have a go at Butland and Borna.

In the stadium, too many fans think we're entitled to win off the back of "we are Rangers". Look at the stuff that's posted - if the team give us something to cheer about, we'll support them - entitlement.

People hide behind using the word "standards" and claim our players are expected to display a certain level of class, yet apparently don't feel it applies to them.

I don't blame social media, I blame people being entitled cunts.
If I could’ve given you 100 likes for that comment I would’ve. Social media is merely the latest vehicle for the entitled amongst us to voice their arrogant, ignorant garbage.

63 years I've been going to Ibrox, I'll never forget when my then 14 year old brother took me ( my father was an Albion Rovers fan) and I would NEVER insult or boo ANY Rangers player .
Borna hasn't been at his best for a bit, that happens a lot to players and sometimes they need to move on, but to confront them like that, is not a Rangers thing to most of us.
Unfortunately, it’s a ‘Rangers thing’ to a growing number.

Some of these entitled fans think that paying the price of a ticket means they are able to abuse the players.

Barisic has been a good player for us and shouldn't be taking the abuse he got.

Bang out of order

A grown man getting tops signed is just going to stick that on eBay surely? Unless he’s a simpleton with the mind of a child.
To be fair I don't think there is anything wrong getting something signed as a surprise for a child / family member. Have done it myself before.

The abuse though is a disgrace and the people lining up wanting numerous things signed is a disgrace.

There is a celtic fan from Stirling who owns his own memoribilia business. He does private signings but he always attends after matches / concerts etc and gets numerous items signed and punts them.

Am generally surprised the amount he manages to get signed without the players / artist hounding him.

The issue with this, aside from the fact we have some fanny's in our support who give the majority a bad name, is that it's likely to lead to guys like Silva, Borna and whoever else going into our biggest games of the season with a why even try mentality.

It shouldn't, and they should be professional, but for players who won't be here next season anyway it's a concern.
It’s a good point. This ‘fan’ needs a slap

Tbh we all talk about how Borna can be a warrior in some games and completely wilt in others, but he's one of us and deserves treated with respect. Also, I'm not sure I'd be starting on a six-foot-plus Croat/professional athlete with a voice like Darth Vader nursing a heavy cold. Would this fan have started on Borna, if he was some random on Sauchiehall Street? Most likely not, in fear of a sore face. There is a presumption from some people that players should just take abuse we wouldn't stand for at our workplace. On the pitch that might be part of the deal but not in the fanzone when he's being an ambassador for the club. He's a human being and tbh still doing us a turn when he could be 100% checked out ahead of his move.

To be fair I don't think there is anything wrong getting something signed as a surprise for a child / family member. Have done it myself before.

The abuse though is a disgrace and the people lining up wanting numerous things signed is a disgrace.

There is a celtic fan from Stirling who owns his own memoribilia business. He does private signings but he always attends after matches / concerts etc and gets numerous items signed and punts them.

Am generally surprised the amount he manages to get signed without the players / artist hounding him.
So THAT'S how he gets his stuff! I wandered past his place in the shopping centre and wondered if the kit was legit.

Back