It’s time to be sensible here

LoyalRanger_72

I’ve saw a few threads on here since yesterday and honestly, the amount of utter nonsense I’ve seen people say is incredible. Some are actually wanting Clement to be sacked! God knows what these people had to drink yesterday. I get there’s nothing worse than losing to the scum as a Rangers supporter but it’s time for common sense to prevail here.

The club is suffering from total negligence by the Rangers board that’s been there for years now. After Steven Gerrard won us the league, that was the time to kick on. We had Celtic exactly where we wanted them and they had a full blown rebuild after the shambles under The Lurgan Bigot with an unknown fat gravy guzzling Aussie appointed. That was after months of chasing Eddie Howe btw which he told them to bolt. By backing Gerrard who clearly had Celtic’s number while in charge, we could’ve won another title and sealed automatic champions league football while Celtic would’ve had to qualify which their record in Europe in the last two decades suggests they’d have most likely humped it. We could’ve honestly buried them for years to come. Instead the club didn’t back Gerrard despite making some promises which he looked so happy about discussions with the board the day we held our 55th title. Gerrard then decided to take the Aston Villa job mid way through the season.

We then appointed Giovanni van Bronckhorst to replace him and Gio had to watch the side from the stands put in a disgusting display at Hampden against Hibs. Gio then took the reigns, had his honeymoon period which saw us go 6 points clear of Celtic before the winter break and Old Firm game was moved to benefit the scum who were absolutely dead on their feet and riddled with injuries. But then after the winter break, the usual suspect losers who threw Gerrard under the bus before lockdown and 55 when the pressure was on then threw Gio under the bus, threw away a 6 point lead, got embarrassed at Parkhead and it all changed from there to now. Celtic with the unknown fat Aussie won the title in their rebuild year.

However, Gio papered some cracks elsewhere and got that side to a European Final, giving us some of the best nights you’ll ever see at Ibrox. Financially that run was beneficial for the club in so many ways. We lost on penalties which still hurts to this day but it’s a run I’ll always be grateful of seeing. Gio then finished the season off by winning the Scottish Cup against Hearts and then headed into the summer with a lot of the squad needing refreshed.

We then sold Aribo and Bassey in the summer for about a combined 30 million and that type of cash should’ve saw us back Gio majorly. But instead Ross Wilson is allowed to recruit some players Gio clearly didn’t fancy. We also actually gave a new contract to Allan McGregor who was clearly finished and neglected the goalkeeping position, a new contract to Connor Goldson and made him our highest paid player simply because no one else wanted him. We also instead of selling Ryan Kent and Alfredo Morelos who were another two clear assets, we allowed their contracts to run down.

Gio however had a decent start to the following season and actually went away to PSV, beat them and got us into the Champions League through the qualifiers. Once again, there’s more money for the club and a chance to back Gio before the window closed. Yet what happened? We signed no one after he did that and chucked him under a bus right before we were due to play Celtic at the piggery. Then the beginning of the end for Gio happened as we went to Parkhead and got embarrassed again and got worse in the league, falling 9 points behind before the winter break. Then we also got embarrassed in the Champions League, becoming the statistically the worst side in the competitions history. Gio lost his job and a guy who actually disgustingly came up here while Gio was under pressure and whored himself out while managing another club ended up getting the job.

Michael Beale comes in, wins games with the league already gone so there wasn’t much pressure on him. But then there’s two games last season the pressure was really on him and that was in both cups to Celtic which he of course lost and Celtic went on to seal their 5th treble in 7 years.

Then Park, Wilson and Robertson all leave the club and John Bennett is made chairman and James Bisgrove is made CEO. The first thing they do? Instead of getting a sporting director in immediately, they give Michael Beale full control of recruitment and allow him to waste money on utter dross like Cifuentes and Lammers. Beale also keeps the usual suspect losers at the club and then starts this season off poor, getting sacked rightfully after losing 3 of our first 7 league games and failing to qualify for the Champions League.

Then we appoint Big Phil. From the off, the man spoke very well and said he wasn’t a magician. Then the longer he’s been here, he’s called out the poor fitness he inherited and also said he’s never seen injuries at one club as bad as it is at Rangers. Then before we played Hearts a few weeks back, the manager said we’ve gotten to the bottom of why these injuries are happening and that’s clearly going to take a pre season this summer to fix it. Phil’s been honest from day one unlike Beale who was a total, compulsive liar.

Let’s be honest with ourselves too, between October - March, I honestly believe Clement had this very poor squad Beale left behind massively overperforming which saw us win the League Cup, get to the Europa League last 16 by winning away to Real Betis and made a league that looked dead and buried into a fight at least. If we stuck with Beale or appointed another dud manager like Beale was, we’d have probably lost to Hearts in the semi of the League Cup never mind the final against Aberdeen, we’d have been Europa Conference bound and the scum would’ve probably won the league by about 20 points.

We’re still feeling the affects of piss poor recruitment and player trading at the right time over the years. We’re also clearly still feeling the affects of the awful appointment of Michael Beale who should never have gotten the job in the first place. Beale kept far too many duds and losers last summer, making Clement’s job when he replaced him even harder.

Big Phil deserves our support and backing 100% and he needs full support from Bennett, Bisgrove and Koppen this summer. If he’s given that, I fully trust him to get this right and fix this utter mess that was left to him.

You can legitimately criticise or question some of his subs or team selections but there's been more than enough positive signs since he's come in to back him 100% in the summer and next season.
Aye it’s fine to do that, I mean we all did that with Walter who’s arguably our greatest gaffer ever!

People calling for Phil to be sacked though is bonkers. We aren’t Watford

I’ve saw a few threads on here since yesterday and honestly, the amount of utter nonsense I’ve seen people say is incredible. Some are actually wanting Clement to be sacked! God knows what these people had to drink yesterday. I get there’s nothing worse than losing to the scum as a Rangers supporter but it’s time for common sense to prevail here.

The club is suffering from total negligence by the Rangers board that’s been there for years now. After Steven Gerrard won us the league, that was the time to kick on. We had Celtic exactly where we wanted them and they had a full blown rebuild after the shambles under The Lurgan Bigot with an unknown fat gravy guzzling Aussie appointed. That was after months of chasing Eddie Howe btw which he told them to bolt. By backing Gerrard who clearly had Celtic’s number while in charge, we could’ve won another title and sealed automatic champions league football while Celtic would’ve had to qualify which their record in Europe in the last two decades suggests they’d have most likely humped it. We could’ve honestly buried them for years to come. Instead the club didn’t back Gerrard despite making some promises which he looked so happy about discussions with the board the day we held our 55th title. Gerrard then decided to take the Aston Villa job mid way through the season.

We then appointed Giovanni van Bronckhorst to replace him and Gio had to watch the side from the stands put in a disgusting display at Hampden against Hibs. Gio then took the reigns, had his honeymoon period which saw us go 6 points clear of Celtic before the winter break and Old Firm game was moved to benefit the scum who were absolutely dead on their feet and riddled with injuries. But then after the winter break, the usual suspect losers who threw Gerrard under the bus before lockdown and 55 when the pressure was on then threw Gio under the bus, threw away a 6 point lead, got embarrassed at Parkhead and it all changed from there to now. Celtic with the unknown fat Aussie won the title in their rebuild year.

However, Gio papered some cracks elsewhere and got that side to a European Final, giving us some of the best nights you’ll ever see at Ibrox. Financially that run was beneficial for the club in so many ways. We lost on penalties which still hurts to this day but it’s a run I’ll always be grateful of seeing. Gio then finished the season off by winning the Scottish Cup against Hearts and then headed into the summer with a lot of the squad needing refreshed.

We then sold Aribo and Bassey in the summer for about a combined 30 million and that type of cash should’ve saw us back Gio majorly. But instead Ross Wilson is allowed to recruit some players Gio clearly didn’t fancy. We also actually gave a new contract to Allan McGregor who was clearly finished and neglected the goalkeeping position, a new contract to Connor Goldson and made him our highest paid player simply because no one else wanted him. We also instead of selling Ryan Kent and Alfredo Morelos who were another two clear assets, we allowed their contracts to run down.

Gio however had a decent start to the following season and actually went away to PSV, beat them and got us into the Champions League through the qualifiers. Once again, there’s more money for the club and a chance to back Gio before the window closed. Yet what happened? We signed no one after he did that and chucked him under a bus right before we were due to play Celtic at the piggery. Then the beginning of the end for Gio happened as we went to Parkhead and got embarrassed again and got worse in the league, falling 9 points behind before the winter break. Then we also got embarrassed in the Champions League, becoming the statistically the worst side in the competitions history. Gio lost his job and a guy who actually disgustingly came up here while Gio was under pressure and whored himself out while managing another club ended up getting the job.

Michael Beale comes in, wins games with the league already gone so there wasn’t much pressure on him. But then there’s two games last season the pressure was really on him and that was in both cups to Celtic which he of course lost and Celtic went on to seal their 5th treble in 7 years.

Then Park, Wilson and Robertson all leave the club and John Bennett is made chairman and James Bisgrove is made CEO. The first thing they do? Instead of getting a sporting director in immediately, they give Michael Beale full control of recruitment and allow him to waste money on utter dross like Cifuentes and Lammers. Beale also keeps the usual suspect losers at the club and then starts this season off poor, getting sacked rightfully after losing 3 of our first 7 league games and failing to qualify for the Champions League.

Then we appoint Big Phil. From the off, the man spoke very well and said he wasn’t a magician. Then the longer he’s been here, he’s called out the poor fitness he inherited and also said he’s never seen injuries at one club as bad as it is at Rangers. Then before we played Hearts a few weeks back, the manager said we’ve gotten to the bottom of why these injuries are happening and that’s clearly going to take a pre season this summer to fix it. Phil’s been honest from day one unlike Beale who was a total, compulsive liar.

Let’s be honest with ourselves too, between October - March, I honestly believe Clement had this very poor squad Beale left behind massively overperforming which saw us win the League Cup, get to the Europa League last 16 by winning away to Real Betis and made a league that looked dead and buried into a fight at least. If we stuck with Beale or appointed another dud manager like Beale was, we’d have probably lost to Hearts in the semi of the League Cup never mind the final against Aberdeen, we’d have been Europa Conference bound and the scum would’ve probably won the league by about 20 points.

We’re still feeling the affects of piss poor recruitment and player trading at the right time over the years. We’re also clearly still feeling the affects of the awful appointment of Michael Beale who should never have gotten the job in the first place. Beale kept far too many duds and losers last summer, making Clement’s job when he replaced him even harder.

Big Phil deserves our support and backing 100% and he needs full support from Bennett, Bisgrove and Koppen this summer. If he’s given that, I fully trust him to get this right and fix this utter mess that was left to him.
Scanned that quickly, goldson new contract was the correct call, as he been a mainstay up until that point, Kent, Alfredo, you can't sell unless someone actually buys them, the fact one ended up in turkey and one never got a club for a couple month then ended up in Brazil, shows no one was seriously looking at buying them, never mind getting them on a free

You can legitimately criticise or question some of his subs or team selections but there's been more than enough positive signs since he's come in to back him 100% in the summer and next season.
Of course you can and I fail to see why people aren’t concerned with this recent run of results. We should never ever lose to Ross County for example. In that game we stunk the place out first half but had the lead. I was expecting a couple of changes at HT and the riot act to have been read to the players at HT but instead we got one of the worst halves of football I think I’ve ever seen from a Rangers team. That was then followed up by another awful performance at Dens Park.

100%. Nothing is stopping him from ensuring that Tavernier and Goldson never kick another ball for us. If he doesn’t do that though he looks as weak as the other managers who lost their jobs because of these losers.
I've supported Tav many a time but he's a tactical noose round any managers back.

Whole team believes he's the attacking outlet on the right and everything else gets thrown out of sync to accommodate.

I genuinely can’t believe how lightly Clement is getting off.

It shows how starved we are of success and how far out standards have fallen.

He’s been here 7 months, worked with the players every day, and with a shotgun to my head I couldn’t even begin to describe what our style of play or gameplan is.

We are dreadful and unorganised off the ball, and we have no regular attacking phases of play. What is it the guy actually does in training.

If he had such a free hit when he came in like people are suggesting, then why not capitalise on that free hit and actually earn his wages by implementing a style of play. You know, like what a football manager is paid a fortune to do?

In addition to the constant garbage we’ve been subjected to on the park, he’s been starting to waffle an absolute pile of drivel in the press, biting to daft remarks from their manager, and looking like he’s close to implosion at any point.

Wouldn’t trust him with a penny for our rebuild.

He’s been here 7 months, worked with the players every day, and with a shotgun to my head I couldn’t even begin to describe what our style of play or gameplan is.

We are dreadful and unorganised off the ball, and we have no regular attacking phases of play. What is it the guy actually does in training.

If he had such a free hit when he came in like people are suggesting, then why not capitalise on that free hit and actually earn his wages by implementing a style of play. You know, like what a football manager is paid a fortune to do?

In addition to the constant garbage we’ve been subjected to on the park, he’s been starting to waffle an absolute pile of drivel in the press, biting to daft remarks from their manager, and looking like he’s close to implosion at any point.

What a load of nonsense.

I said when Clement came in that to be a success here he would need to rid the squad of the players who have let down every manager they have played under.

There comes a time when even some of the best players at the club need to be moved on. You can argue until you are blue in the face about what Tav does or doesn't bring to the team but it's pretty clear now that things need refreshed. The so called leader group need to be moved on as their leadership is breeding mediocrity and an acceptance of 2nd best throughout the club. Neither of which is good enough.

It’s all about money, Celtc gave gravy veins 40M to wrestle the title back from us. We just can’t do that

We definitely need a clearout and the manager to bring in his own players we’ve been crippled with injuries all season but we really have to start beating that mob starting with the cup final.Something happened belief wise when it came to the crunch so this team has had it as far as I’m concerned we need a new team with the right mentality I feel Clement will take us to 56 but it’s going to take a massive amount of changes in personnel and mindset.

There are very little people saying he should be sacked. I actually haven’t seen a post that has outright said it.

There is a sizeable proportion of the board with concerns and evidence to support them.

There’s a big difference.

This for me.

He's earned more than enough credit in the bank to be tasked with the rebuild.

I don't want him sacked or anything daft like that but if the last five weeks haven't had even the faintest din of an alarm bell going off in your head then fair play to you.

The players of course take a huge slice of the blame. They're beyond gone for a lot of us but if you're holding onto "It'll definitely be different with his own players" then you've learned nothing from what went on previously.

Said the same about Pedro. About Gio. About Beale.

He’s inherited a shit side, deal with it

A defence that can’t keep wains out a close and make same errors over and over under numerous managers (not stopping cross balls), a midfield that neither creates anything or helps that defence and a forward line that so poor it’s laughable. He’s inherited a complete mess and had 1 window

I’ll judge him next season

He gets my backing but needs rid of certain players who have let the fans,managers,and club down repeatedly.And if he can get us through the CL through the qualifiers which cuts that lots CL money by more than half.Aswe get the bigger share due to our 5&10 year co efficient and also beat those cunts in SC Final .

Not sure I've seen anybody actually call for him to be sacked?

I think there's been legitimate concerns voiced, and the honeymoon is most definitely over; but of course he gets the chance to put his own stamp on the squad in the summer. As above, he's got some big decisions to make.

Fair enough. Easy to be a critic though isn’t it - you’re offering half an argument if you don’t offer up a solution as well. What’s the answer?

Said in another thread that if he fails to beat them in the final he is under massive pressure already before next season

We simply can’t have a manager that consistently fails to lay a glove on them time and time again

I didnt fully read your essay.

I apologise. I’ve written my own.

The bit at the end yesterday where Raskin was lumbering back chasing 3 of them was like Barton chasing them under Warburton when it went 5-1.

Except Celtic couldnt hit a cows backside with a banjo yesterday.

He’s told our UEFA team of the year full back thats rescued us time and again hes not allowed to overlap and steam in at the back post any more. He wont budge from that, Tavernier is now neutered and still not a good defender. He now gets the flak.

Remember the mess at Servette he rescued us from at the start of the season or the Aberdeen cup final. Look where hes been told to stand / run since New Year. Why would you change that ?

His only discernible tactic is punt it. Cortes getting possession made it borderline workable until injury.

As enjoyable as it was to lead the league, other than players firing snapshots from the edge of the box almost every week December to March we’ve been atrocious for large parts of that.

I see no coaching or link up patterns nor system. Punt it.

I see players in Silva and Diomande provided by the Director of Football that dont look happy / good in Scottish football. Maybe its the punt it tactic or their contribution is why he wants to punt it.

Diomande at that price isnt far off what Tillman was and I thought that level of outlay was too much for any player at Rangers.

Alarm siren is absolutely wailing.

Our recruitment has been shit for years. Look at the player that made most difference yesterday, Matt O’Riley from MK Dons. Will probably go on to be sold for £10m plus while we have players we will struggle to make profit on in the numbers we’d like and need. We have a very good manager who needs to be ruthless in the summer, the fact we had Tav and Barisic starting yesterday could have been 6 years ago! I accept Tav has been a good servant, but we need to be far better with recruitment.

Who would you trust then for our rebuild?

Someone who has the ability to implement a style of play to progress us in the medium to long term, which he doesn’t.

Someone who can organise a team defensively so that dross like Ross County and Motherwell with guys on a grand a week can’t easily pass through us, which he can’t.

Sick of watching us pay players 25-30k a week to play hopeful hoof ball.

I’m not paid to appoint a manager, but you’d think with a club with our resources and stature, you’d be able to at least describe what type of football we try and play, which no one on this forum can.

Fair enough. Easy to be a critic though isn’t it - you’re offering half an argument if you don’t offer up a solution as well. What’s the answer?
The solution is back the bloke in charge. If he wants certain players in, get them in. If he wants certain players out, get them out. If he wants certain things around the club fixing, namely the fitness issues that have been crazy this season in particular, sort it for him. Back him properly and give him a proper run at the job in hand. Otherwise sack him after another couple of OF defeats and bring in the next guy and repeat the cycle.

I've supported Tav many a time but he's a tactical noose round any managers back.

Whole team believes he's the attacking outlet on the right and everything else gets thrown out of sync to accommodate.

Did Lawrence try to pass to him when he was 18 yards out with the chance to shoot. A guy with a stupidly good record of hitting a ball just felt he had to pass to Tav. I’ve noticed it before with new signings all being very deferential to Tav - not his fault but he reminds me of the best player in an under 15s team. Too many players pass the ball to him and stand and watch.

We have been hampered by the loss of key players at the worst of times. Sellik went through a similar spell around December and January amd were dropping points but they still had enough time to turn it round and go on a run when their better players came back from injury. We lost yilmaz and cortes not to mention sima again after just getting him back. The centre of our defence has been completely decimated by injuries aswell and we lost diomande for a few games to a random thumb injury. That's not including longer term injuries like danilo. We just don't have the quality and depth of squad to deal with losing key players. That mob are the same when they lost vickers, mcgregor and hatate their form dropped off a cliff. Just so happens they all made recoveries in time for the run in whilst we lost more players to injury. The most important thing is getting our recruitment done early this summer and getting the players properly fit with a proper pre season under their belts, we can't possibly go another season losing players every week to injury.

Someone who has the ability to implement a style of play to progress us in the medium to long term, which he doesn’t.

Someone who can organise a team defensively so that dross like Ross County and Motherwell with guys on a grand a week can’t easily pass through us, which he can’t.

Sick of watching us pay players 25-30k a week to play hopeful hoof ball.

I’m not paid to appoint a manager, but you’d think with a club with our resources and stature, you’d be able to at least describe what type of football we try and play, which no one on this forum can.
You’ve no idea how he can progress us in the medium to long term, as he hasn’t even had a summer window yet to get the players that suit how he wants to play.

The guy won three league titles in three years playing attacking, attractive football (that isn’t me saying that, that’s every Belgian football supporter I’ve read or heard from) - unless he’s suddenly decided to abandon all his principles I’d suggest he’s trying to make do until he can overhaul the squad, which he did at Genk and Brugge in his first summer windows at both.

He’s inherited a shit side, deal with it

A defence that can’t keep wains out a close and make same errors over and over under numerous managers (not stopping cross balls), a midfield that neither creates anything or helps that defence and a forward line that so poor it’s laughable. He’s inherited a complete mess and had 1 window

I’ll judge him next season

So, what is it we’re paying him for?

If he wasn’t expected to challenge Celtic and he had such a huge free hit, if he’s not improved us as a team, and not one person inside Ibrox or on this forum can tell you his style of football after 7 months, then why are we paying him millions of pounds a year?

This is just the same nonsense that was thrown at Gio. There’s no style of play, no tactics etc.

It’s honestly ludicrous that so many people with literally zero experience of top level football think they have a more advanced grasp of it than people who have operated at those levels for their entire career.

He has a big close season ahead of him,I am confident he will get things right given the time and the backing.

Best post on here in a very long time.

The members of Follow Follow aren’t here to appoint a suitable manager.

The employees of our club who are paid hundreds of thousands of pounds of our money every year are responsible for that.
What a cop out. You’re right in what you’re saying, but then at the same time, let them do the judging then. Utterly pointless to sit moaning then refuse to suggest an alternative.

You’ve no idea how he can progress us in the medium to long term, as he hasn’t even had a summer window yet to get the players that suit how he wants to play.

The guy won three league titles in three years playing attacking, attractive football (that isn’t me saying that, that’s every Belgian football supporter I’ve read or heard from) - unless he’s suddenly decided to abandon all his principles I’d suggest he’s trying to make do until he can overhaul the squad, which he did at Genk and Brugge in his first summer windows at both.

So he’s decided not to try and implement his style of play for what reason?

Everyone on here keeps telling me he was under to expectation to challenge Celtic. Why hasn’t he used the last 7 months to implement this alleged attractive football.

Fat Ange had utter dross who wouldn’t get a game for us like Taylor, Ralston, Turnbull, Bitton, and Welsh playing his style within weeks. He then got his own players and they fit in seamlessly.

Clement is basically starting from scratch in the summer if he’s going to rip it up, and the last 7 months have been a complete waste of time.

We need to get real and realise that football teams do not transition from the garbage that we have been subjected to in recent months, to a high intensity, free flowing football team with varied attacking phases of play, with the addition of few players in the £3-4 million bracket.

It’s not happening.

We need to get away from the situation that it is Tav and Goldsons gang.

We need to adapt into a proper team playing for each other and to a system. Not the current situation we have that almost everything has to through Tav. We are so slow and predictable allowing teams to easily adapt to any attempt at an attack.

Less said about the defence the better.

You would like to think the manager would know who he will keep and who he will need to move on.We can all suggest
our own opinions. It's down to PC and his backroom staff.
There is definitely a need for a big clearout. Players who are constantly injured or unfit are no good to us. Hopefully he has the answer. Would like to think he in the last two fixtures would give game time to fringe players.
But, what do I know.
Thoughts ?

This is just the same nonsense that was thrown at Gio. There’s no style of play, no tactics etc.

It’s honestly ludicrous that so many people with literally zero experience of top level football think they have a more advanced grasp of it than people who have operated at those levels for their entire career.

Mad how our rivals with an almost identical wage bill can do it though isn’t it?

They must just be lucky.

Back