Jack Butland - Player of the Year

robbo89

There was a thread covering the awards as a whole but surely this guy deserves his own thread.

It's a great bit of recognition for Jack Butland. He has been by far and away our best performer in my books and has hardly put a foot (or a hand) wrong all season.

Who was the last player we had to win player of the year in their very first season? I can't find a record of previous years but I'd have to guess Tav when he joined us in the Championship?

We're so lucky to have Super Jack and we wouldn't have achieved half as much as we have this season if it wasn't for his contribution. What a player.

Super Jack a very deserving winner. He has been an outstanding signing.

To answer your winning player of the year in first season question, I think Lee Wallace actually won it in our championship winning season so not Tav but I think the answer is Daniel Candeias in our first season back in top league.

Going further back, Darren McGregor before that.

I'm pinning my hopes on a big money bid for him so we can start our rebuild. There's no player in the sqaud that will make us as much right now so we need to sell if we dont win the title.

Been blessed with some fantastic goalkeepers in my lifetime. Super Jack continuing that theme

We wouldn't be in a title race if it wasn't for this guy.

We've let in less goals this season than that lot and I wouldn't say that's down to us having a better defence, it's down to him.

I don't expect him still to be at Ibrox next season, he deserves to be playing regularly at a higher level while he's still in his prime. The money we get for him will help fund sorting out the damage Beale done.

He had big shoes to fill coming in to that position. Fantastic addition, unfortunately as said above I think he will go in the summer.

Had many an argument on here with people saying a new goalkeeper wasn’t high on our list of priorities when Allan McGregor was clearly done. I have a lot of love for Allan McGregor but Jack Butland has proved just how much we needed to strengthen that area. Well deserving of his award and I’ll be gutted when he inevitably moves up a level.

Back