Jadon Sancho

Ten Hag dealt with the Ronaldo situation very well. He’s not done the same with Sancho.

That’s before you even get to the head scratching recruitment and tactics.

Ten Hag did very well to get United going last season to win the league cup, but he needs to solve a lot of problems if they are to do anything this year. Sometimes bombing players out isn’t the way to go.

That job is not a one year turnaround.

There are big problems in the background at board level, it will take close to a decade to turn that shitfest round.

He's Dutch.
Of course he's a bit of a wanker.
IMG-2178.jpg

Ally was a different character altogether, he was tolerated because he A) he done the business on the park and B) he had charm and patter that could talk him out of a room with no doors.

In comparison to Sancho you have A) player that is doing nothing on the park in terms of business and B) refuses to accept accountability for his own actions either at Dortmund, England national team and now Man U.

Perhaps this is ten Hag now had enough and the chances have dried up.
Yet Man u still bought him?

That job is not a one year turnaround.

There are big problems in the background at board level, it will take close to a decade to turn that shitfest round.
They have spent more money than any other team in the world in the last ten years and still look nowhere near winning the league again. I know they hate the Glazers but the managers have all been backed to put a team on the pitch.

They have spent more money than any other team in the world in the last ten years and still look nowhere near winning the league again. I know they hate the Glazers but the managers have all been backed to put a team on the pitch.

Yeah they have been backed, but its the culture at the club.

Ten Hag has had to deal with issues with the likes of Ronaldo, Maguire, Sancho etc.

There was the Greenwood situation. You had Ronaldo complaining about the falling standards at the club.

I was surprised they won silverware last season, got to the FA Cup final and finished 3rd in the league.

That surely has to be classed as a successful season compared to the managers before him? The last successful one would have been Jose?

Who would have thought that giving teenagers and guys in their early twenties £100k+ per week contracts would turn them into entitled wankers with attitude problems? I'm truly and utterly shocked beyond belief.

Driven Manager in 'not wanting to indulge a self absorbed waster' shock.

A crazy signing at the time and given his wages and contact not a problem thats going to go away anytime soon.

Really the last thing ETH wants and even if Sancho knuckles down (!) he obvs could never be trusted.

Man Utd reliving yesterday's triumphs on world class wages on just below world class players.........

Man U bought him when ten Hag wasn't the manager.

again illustrates my point above.
I get your point but whoever bought him must surely have done due diligence on him and realised he has flaws, timekeeping may seem trivial but it's symptomatic of a lack of discipline.

Things at Man U were almost starting to look quite positive towards the end of last season - but the binfire is well and truly ablaze once again. All (almost) of the club's own doing.

Long may it continue, I say.

Who would have thought that giving teenagers and guys in their early twenties £100k+ per week contracts would turn them into entitled wankers with attitude problems? I'm truly and utterly shocked beyond belief.

Plenty of youngsters on big money who don't act like wankers to be fair.

Things at Man U were almost starting to look quite positive towards the end of last season - but the binfire is well and truly ablaze once again. All (almost) of the club's own doing.

Long may it continue, I say.
They are a mess. It’s looking like one step forward, two steps back. Pretty much how Solksjaer’s tenure started and ended.

The way he went about it wasn’t correct, but just about everything Ronaldo said about the club was true. Not that much of it was new news.

I get your point but whoever bought him must surely have done due diligence on him and realised he has flaws, timekeeping may seem trivial but it's symptomatic of a lack of discipline.

again the club is being run by complete morons.

that Woodward character or whatever his name was is again further proof.

overpaid on over the hill players and wonder why it went wrong.

Bastian Schweinsteiger another case in point, binned once Jose arrived.

ten Hag worked wonders last season imo.

He's another in the long list of expensive duds that Man Utd have wasted money without stopping and thinking as to how does he fit into the team and club environment. Something that City checks before they sign anyone to massive success.

You only have to see the success Bellingham is having to see Sancho is a wee bell end with a horrible attitude.

Cokehead.
Honestly it would be genuinely interesting to see the levels of pro footballers who were cokeheads.

I imagine it isn't a small number.

Any industry where you get paid a shitload and are idolised is a breeding ground for it.

To think football is any different is naive.

He's another in the long list of expensive duds that Man Utd have wasted money without stopping and thinking as to how does he fit into the team and club environment. Something that City checks before they sign anyone to massive success.

You only have to see the success Bellingham is having to see Sancho is a wee bell end with a horrible attitude.

City paid over 1 million for Jadon Sancho at 14 and offered him 33k per week at 16 their highest ever offer for an academy player at the time.

There's a trend with Sancho so he needs to smarten up or he's going to ruin his career. That said Manchester Utd was the wrong move.

It's beyond pathetic that a grown adult regularly cannot be at a designated place for a specific time.

They have every tool at their disposal too, hire a driver to get them places and a chef for breakfast or whatever so all he has to do it get up and get ready.

To not make a certain time for work is a piss poor excuse and barring some disaster you have no control over then it should never happen.

And FWIW Sancho is up there with the Pogba’s of this world IMO.

he admitted he wasn't late at Dortmund either.

he is little lazy tadger is what he is! There was one incident before a CL game where he missed not only the team breakfast but the morning warm up. Another time was late back from international duty.

If that shit goes unchecked then others start trying to take the piss. Dortmund team mates publicly came out and said he needs to grow up.

I don't believe him when he says he wasn't late, when he clearly has severe issues with timekeeping. Maybe he was fractional late, and his watch wasn't on time, and that was the last incident the manager is willing to accept. Who knows but ten Hag won't mess around.
Hard to feel sympathy for a player with a 50k timepiece on his wrist and a 150k McLaren to make the time up.
Most of us would say the bus drove past me at the stop

I'm surprised so many folk are siding with the player, the manager is well within his rights to call out a player when they're not meeting the minimum standards. Sancho has had his problems at every club he's been at.

From what I saw last night he ran riot at times. Kids got ability for sure. Glad to see him doing the business away from OT

Man United is a footballers graveyard.

They have taken winners like Casemiro, Varane, Ibra, Cavani, Schweinsteiger and made them look mediocre.

They have taken young talent like Sancho and Rashford and set them back.

They have paid over the odds for players that shouldn’t be at United like Antony.

If you are already a world class player, or you have the pick of clubs as to who you are moving to next, Man United are right down that list. A far cry from just over a decade ago.

From what I saw last night he ran riot at times. Kids got ability for sure. Glad to see him doing the business away from OT

Man City academy is underrated at this point.

The youth team with him brahim and Foden was scary.

See what palmer is doing at Chelsea then there’s Oscar Bobb he might be even better.

Man City academy is underrated at this point.

The youth team with him brahim and Foden was scary.

See what palmer is doing at Chelsea then there’s Oscar Bobb he might be even better.
Oscar Bobb is one I'm looking forward to see how he develops with us. The odd bits I've seen of him so far he has the potential to be sensational.

Glad you mention our academy. No one likes to talk about it because with us it's all about money and 115 charges so nice to see us get a little bit of credit for the players we bring through.

I seen a clip that I think was filmed with Walcott at the BMW pro am. Was talking about taking down the wrong time for a team meeting at England under Capello. Said he was panicking and spoke to JT who was captain and he told him not to worry. Went up to chap Capellos door to apologise and explain and he just slammed the door in his face. He was then left out the WC squad and said he phoned him and wanted to know what he could do to improve to get back in the fold and Capello just hung the phone up on him. :))
Aye, yeel learn B-D

Given his form with BVB a return to England should be off the cards, Germany suits him better on and off the pitch it seems.
Last night aside has he not been fairly underwhelming since going back?

Obviously better than his abject Man Utd form but still nowhere near his first Dortmund stint. I don't really follow things that closely, just something I'd seen mentioned

What a player at dortmund.Man utd seem to waste a few players careers.
It's always the player mate. Professionalism and proper attitude would see him in the first team dressing room. A manager doesn't want or need shecht from any player. Turn up and get with the programme. The problem for man u like every club is that the players they give big money to attract then can't be sold after you see them up close.

Oscar Bobb is one I'm looking forward to see how he develops with us. The odd bits I've seen of him so far he has the potential to be sensational.

Glad you mention our academy. No one likes to talk about it because with us it's all about money and 115 charges so nice to see us get a little bit of credit for the players we bring through.

Could also be said you paid money for sancho, brahim and Bobb at young ages but still credit where it’s due lol

Back