Jimmy Nichol

The other week he pretty much said he’s off after the last game, this time he said he’s not sure what’s happening.

I reckon he’s been told he might be staying – based on nothing other than the above.

Jimmy Nics a winner !! His presser has been the polar opposite of what we had in Murty ,man and mouse comes to mind, would love a place for him here

I doubt either Jimmy Nic or JJ will have any role at the club.

Just the way it almost always happens when a new manager comes in.

Just hope we can find a way to keep Jimmy Nichol. Watching his press conference, he looked relaxed nonplussed be the wee man came in to help out but things never got much better.

He served us twice with great service, hope SG can find somewhere to keep him,,,,,,,
I just watched this i really like him and he is so honest.

I love how honest he is. He doesn’t come out with the utter pish that we’re used to from the likes of Murty and Warburton. “Some of them need to buck their ideas up”.

So there will be no role anywhere within the club.??
I clearly would not have a clue, plenty of the old boys do hospitality now. As long as we get a new broom with the coaching staff. Every thought and idea from this season needs binning. I suspect JN will take up a coaching role in the lower leagues again.

I think the best thing about Jimmy right now is that he's not Murty.

He also sees when changes are required, unlike Murty.

Jimmy has my thanks but I dont know what role he could realistically fulfil.

I wonder what we could have done had we employed a proper manager in November.
Jimmy Nichol is still looking after our team and needs support from ALL of us against the Edinburgh vermin , he certainly has his work cut out and if he manages to get us a result then he should be recognised appropriately we have some really complacent people on here its a very difficult job he has compounded by the lack of choices through injuries and suspensions give the guy some support for gods sake.

Always enjoyed listening to Jimmy even outwith his time with us ………

I thought he made a very pertinent point today……about when Souness came in.

He was saying that Souness at first… as fas as quality goes……brought in Woods Butcher starting playing himself and I forget the fourth?
but the point was he didn't start out from scratch and sign 7-8 real quality players.

There was a spine put into the team for that new season and the rest was the players who were already there. Jimmy Nic … Durranty …Coop …Coisty… McPherson…etc………

Is it possible that Gerrard will try and do the same?
He mentioned himself in the four but he forgot about Colin West.

If he came in and things never got better then why would we keep him ?

I like Jimmy Nic but this isn't 1994/95 anymore when he was the hottest property in Scottish managerial circles.

Time for sentimentality is over. Jimmy Nic has done us a turn in three spells but we need to be utterly ruthless now.
Unfortunately your right

I have a lot of respect for JN but we need to be modern in relation to management and coaching

If he wanted to be an Ambassador for the club I’m sure there is nothing stopping him

JN will always want to see the Rangers go from strength to strength. I wish him well

Back