Joe Dodoo to Blackpool on loan

One that I would have liked to have seen given a run of games. Hopefully this means new strikers are in the works.

I'm not following you tazzabear? All I said was it was a good move for him to get regular game time but I was surprised Gerrard didn't want a look at him in training first (if everyone is actually getting a clean slate as suggested) before shipping him out on loan.

If it helps at all, although it's got zero bearing on anything I said, Hooper came from Scunthorpe and did alright with them. No idea who the current Blackpool striker is though lol.
Sorry, mate, I wasn’t really trying to get at you.
It was just a question based on your suggestion that if Dodoo did the business for Blackpool, there may be a way back for him at Rangers.
I’m wondering if a good player for Blackpool would be a good signing for Rangers.
Good point re Hooper though.

Hopefully he has a good season down there we get a few quid for him it only takes 15/20 goals in that league and you'll be snapped up by a championship team

If this goes through I hope he does really well. Perhaps there’s no way back to Rangers for him but ‘never say never’ and work hard Joe.

That'll be him finished then. Can only see this being approved if the manager says he doesnt want him and noone wants to buy him (which is understandable). Hpefully this is him off the wagebill another season till his contract is up. Shame because he had some seriously important and good goals in his first season with us.

That'll be him finished then. Can only see this being approved if the manager says he doesnt want him and noone wants to buy him (which is understandable). Hpefully this is him off the wagebill another season till his contract is up. Shame because he had some seriously important and good goals in his first season with us.

did he ? Thistle away aside, when ?

Few really good finishes apart, he’s has been anonymous in mostly all of his other appearances.

I always wanted to see Joe get a bit angry. Too soft to lead a line. Imagine the bug man with Morelos's attitude.

Strange player. His double against Thistle and contribution vs Aberdeen suggested he had a lot to contribute as a squad player, compare those goals and assists to anything Herrera has done, for example. Even compare it to anything Cummings managed (not having a go at Cummings, just saying). Then again, McKay did more in a Rangers jersey than the three of them combined and just couldn't quite cut it. Guess it's a mentality thing with some players.

Maybe with the salary he’s on he has no interest leaving unless it’s fully on his terms?

And that's the problem we as a club need to sort out. Contracts shouldnt be for the benefit of employees only.

Ive argued on here before that we seem to be taken to the cleaners far too often and certainly more than other clubs. Getting a contract at Ibrox is like a Lottery win. The minute you sign up you can sit back and watch the cash roll in safe in the knowledge that you're untouchable.

Andy Webster admitted he had no intention of contributing anything. He proved this by making himself unavailable for selection yet the minute he left he was playing again. I think Prodan overcame his knee problems weeks before his contract ran out.

Now we have Alves turning out for Portugal but hardly playing a game for us. I for one dont buy his bullshit despite the picture he sent us from Madrid with a 'stookie' on his foot and two guys with white coats standing next to him.

Then there's poor old Pena. The list goes on and on.

Hopefully wages being covered, gets another year of his contract out of the way. Little re-sale value unfortunately. Best option for both parties.

A deal where everyone wins imo. He might just get a run of games that he desperately needs. A few goals. And then next season he might be worth something!

Or, he sits on the bench down there, we're not paying his wages for a year and when he's back next summer we're not in any worse position with hi.!

Good luck to him, I had high hopes for him because when I saw him strike a ball I thought his body shape and technique were that of a natural top class striker. Not worked out but hopefully he has a good season and we can at least get a little cash for him.

There were glimpses of a player in him, I actually thought the gaffer might have improved his play and he may have got a chance this year.
Glimpses are not enough to be a top player you have to perform every game, not just now and again he's a lot of work ahead
of him to improve all the best to him

And that's the problem we as a club need to sort out. Contracts shouldnt be for the benefit of employees only.

Ive argued on here before that we seem to be taken to the cleaners far too often and certainly more than other clubs. Getting a contract at Ibrox is like a Lottery win. The minute you sign up you can sit back and watch the cash roll in safe in the knowledge that you're untouchable.

Andy Webster admitted he had no intention of contributing anything. He proved this by making himself unavailable for selection yet the minute he left he was playing again. I think Prodan overcame his knee problems weeks before his contract ran out.

Now we have Alves turning out for Portugal but hardly playing a game for us. I for one dont buy his bullshit despite the picture he sent us from Madrid with a 'stookie' on his foot and two guys with white coats standing next to him.

Then there's poor old Pena. The list goes on and on.
This is a fair point. I get paying big wages to guys who merit it, but squad fillers should have something smaller with appearance bonuses. After all, they won’t be playing most weeks. Continuing to fish in the overpaid, pampered, social media addicted English market will not help us here.

He will float from club to club,he has a bit of skill but no heart or fight about him,another gutless one out the door thankfully.

Back